Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Geirskogul posted:

Deploying to gitmo, what should I smuggle back?

Leaving monday.

an iguana.

the nex sucks a lot of dick, but is the biggest source of entertainment. don't walk around drinking. the usmc exchange carries (this may have changed) a huge supply of dip and titty mags, which are good bartering currencies. cable beach sucks go to windmill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

jesus

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

The finance guy says "normally we deactivate GOVCC cards for deployment but this is short notice so you actually need yours and I'll be sure to keep or active. In fact, pay $20 to have a new one rushed to you just in case or we won't let you go."

<I rush one to me, arriving the day before I left>

<They proceed to deactivate it anyway, leaving me stranded>

gently caress the army.

especially great since sato won't ticket until 72 hours prior to departure, so by the time you're going to leave and find out that you couldn't get ticketed it's too late to catch up with any finance dweebs. the card deactivation policy is really loving stupid

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Nimmy posted:

That being said, never be the idiot that has to actually certify the hazmat.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Oh god I'm in Cuba and everything sucks.

On the flipside they're offering to let me extend an additional 9 months (making a year total) if I agree to switch over to PAO. I'm a 68W and I love doing medic stuff on the civ side but army money is good compared to that (in AZ EMTs make less than $10/hour and paramedics make less than $14, lowest in the nation I could find). Also I have no loving clue what I'm doing, because I'm a 68W not MPAD wtf why am I here. But suck it up for a year and have enough dough to go to school afterwards...?

But I'm not insane so there's no way I would accept that, right?

a year in gtmo sucks but if you get what you want out of it, it won't be that hard.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

psydude posted:

I mean smoking is pretty retarded in normal society but the rest of the stupid poo poo in the military makes it look like a reasonable passtime.

it's pretty retarded there too, but still far, far less retarded than the idiots that rail on and on about people gettin free breaks and poo poo when they could just as easily just get up off their fat rear end and walk out of their office and have a break

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

she's from fuckin yelm and has an obvious case of serious crazy, would not

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

is this real life

it dont gtmo better than this

fuckin owned

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

my cousin's husband is shipping for army bootcamp next month into whatever that try-out-for-ranger-then-washout-to-airborne contract is, it's gonna be awesome no matter what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

well when he inevitably fails out of the ranger selection or whatever the gently caress I'll let all of you guys know what happens to him

• Locked thread