Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I thought DC will felony stop you if they think you have a spent cartridge case from a banned caliber somewhere in your vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

I thought DC will felony stop you if they think you have a spent cartridge case from a banned caliber somewhere in your vehicle.

LEOSA BITCHES :goku:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

LEOSA BITCHES :goku:

Also, Branis. I'm sensing a lot of hostility from you lately. You upset that you make less than GFM's overtime rate? I'm sure you could find a nice oil field that needs some armed security, bud. Chin up. :unsmith:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Actually i'm getting into my happy place. Winter is over, the sun is out and the land finally looks like something other than a frozen wasteland devoid of life and happiness. Soon i'll be able to gaze upon endless miles of corn and soybean fields. I'll also have you guys know that i'm finally into the 16 dollar an hour pay range, after being at this department for 5 years.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

the 16 dollar an hour pay range

Ughhh. :negative:.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Untagged posted:

If you've never been, I highly recommend it.

What is this?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

DrakeriderCa posted:

What is this?

Police Week Candlelight Vigil, an event at Police Week. It's a very moving experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_bGm2UiZ3c

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Candlelight vigil literally the only reason to go to Police Week. Show up for the vigil and then immediately hop on the metro and get the gently caress away from Police Week.

Branis posted:

16 dollar an hour pay range

Hey that's not bad for star..

Branis posted:

after being at this department for 5 years.

:barf: :barf: :barf:

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

What is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbt-sx5MDc

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
lol owned http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-32733002

BBC News posted:

Speeding driver David Pickup ordered to pay £11,000

A speeding driver has to pay £11,000 for challenging his ticket after a prosecution expert hired an airfield and a sports car to prove him wrong. David Pickup, 45, was clocked doing 101mph in his Audi R8 on the A55 at Lloc in Flintshire in April 2014. Flintshire Magistrates' Court heard a police speed camera caught him and he asked officers: "Can we call it 98?".

Pickup, from Wilmslow, Cheshire, who has a holiday home in Abersoch, Gwynedd, was convicted of speeding. He denied breaking the 70mph speed limit and said that a number of people from Cheshire had second homes in Abersoch, which he called a millionaire's paradise.

The defence questioned the accuracy of the in-car police speed camera so the prosecution hired an expert who rented an airfield and an Audi R8 to carry out tests, the results of which were presented to the court. Pickup was fined £675, given six points on his licence and ordered to pay the full prosecution costs - which included the testing - of £10,384.

:gizz: that prosecution :gizz:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

:quagmire:... *howl*

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
what the gently caress is an in car speed camera? Radar? can't they just use a tuning fork?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

what the gently caress is an in car speed camera? Radar? can't they just use a tuning fork?

Haha, I was thinking the same thing but I have this fantasy that he rejected that evidence and insisted on an expert testing the speed gun and it turned into this whole ridiculous scenario with a plane and all this poo poo and he was just like :smug: whatevs I'll pay for it if I'm wrong :smug:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
dude drives an r8 im sure he can afford the fine

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

I'm guessing it might be a VASCAR system integrated into the in car camera.

( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VASCAR )

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing but I have this fantasy that he rejected that evidence and insisted on an expert testing the speed gun and it turned into this whole ridiculous scenario with a plane and all this poo poo and he was just like :smug: whatevs I'll pay for it if I'm wrong :smug:

A friend of my brothers got a speeding ticket in Calgary on his motorcycle.

He's an engineer, and brought to Court a complex description of how how the laser could have hit one of the spokes of his front wheel and then presented the math on how that would make it appear he was going 40 km/hr over the limit when he was in fact driving right at the limit.

The judge decided that was sufficient doubt to throw out the evidence of the officer as it related to measuring his speed with the laser.

But the judge also said that the officer estimated his speed to be 35 to 40 km/hr over the limit when he tested him, and convicted him of 35 km/hr over based on that evidence.

Also, the engineer brought his friends to Court so they could witness his mighty legal victory. :bravo:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That thing loving exploded. Most deer collisions I've seen outside of running into a truck the deer mostly survives.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

That thing loving exploded. Most deer collisions I've seen outside of running into a truck the deer mostly survives.

No explosion, but I still doubt this one made it considering how much air it got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8h--gRp7M

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Mr. Nice! posted:

that guy was running lights on a straight stretch so he was probably doing 100+

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

push bars arent designed to crumple

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Can confirm

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Love it when dispatch doesn't know what the gently caress when they talk to the animal wardens: "ROT WHILE ARES", "DOC SON", "PITTBOLLS".

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71rp8ZyUxo

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

"Chiwawa". That came from a guy that grew up speaking Spanish.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

push bars arent designed to crumple

Dunno if true, but I heard they're even illegal in certain cities because if you hit a pedestrian....yikes

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Oh cool, you're in town for police week and wanted to stop by different police stations to say hi? Cool, tell me more. :nallears: :fuckoff:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Do I really care about some guy that has the same job title as me but lives across the country? You're a cop too? Cool, well, cya.

I don't even like some of the guys at my department, let alone randoms from across the country.

Ask me what it's like being a cop that doesn't obsess about guns, weight lifting, or drinking beer. It's lonely.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Ask me what it's like being a cop that doesn't obsess about guns, weight lifting, or drinking beer. It's lonely.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Excuse you, Serpico is TheSoldier. Cmdr Shepard just a weirdo republican that doesn't like guns or drinking. :wtf:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Excuse you, Serpico is TheSoldier. Cmdr Shepard just a weirdo republican that doesn't like guns or drinking. :wtf:

Cmdr Shepard is my father in law?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Cmdr Shepard is my father in law?

:aaaaa:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I like guns, dislike beer, and am ambivalent towards lifting weights. Can we be copbros?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

He was a bit of a gun nut actually

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

dont worry i will do these things in your stead gentle copper :patriot:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Branis posted:

I like guns, dislike beer, and am ambivalent towards lifting weights. Can we be copbros?

Already are broheim.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Cmdr Shepard just a weirdo republican that doesn't like guns or drinking. :wtf:

:smith:

Smiling Jack posted:

He was a bit of a gun nut actually

Where's meatsicle?

The Shep fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 15, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

toxx for romeny am i rite guys

yeah where is that dude :ohdear:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Untagged posted:

toxx for romeny am i rite guys

It's not just that I thought he'd be a better president (he would've been), but that I figured we were better as a nation than electing a 2 year do-nothing from the most corrupt state in the union.

edit - If loving jeb bush is the GOP nominee I'm just gonna stop voting altogether.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 15, 2015

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
the going theory is meatsicle was the cannibal cop. Theres no evidence to support it but I want to believe.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Already are broheim.

Midwesterners got to stand together against the ivory tower east coast elite cops

i'll grant beanieson honorary midwestern citizenship, but he has to rep a lovely state like michigan.

Branis fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

It's not just that I thought he'd be a better president (he would've been), but that I figured we were better as a nation than electing a 2 year do-nothing from the most corrupt state in the union.

edit - If loving jeb bush is the GOP nominee I'm just gonna stop voting altogether.

Are you gonna toxx for your boy Ted Cruz???

• Locked thread