Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Are you gonna toxx for your boy Ted Cruz???

What? You know he's voting for DOCTOR Ben Carson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I am not taking a position on any of the potential candidates yet. Carson doesn't have a shot in hell though and he has zero charisma.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

So you're saying he's not well-spoken? Racist.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
All you tired, stressed out, suicidal cops need is yoga.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/14/will-yoga-make-cops-less-violent.html

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
A matter of fact I am reading the internet while at work :smug:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-crazy-police-forces-you-never-hear-about-news/

quote:

5 Insane Police Forces No One Ever Talks About

#2. Washington, DC

Let's switch gears and talk about police misbehavior of a different kind: lovely driving. For some reason, it seems to be an epidemic among police in Washington DC. An ABC affiliate in the area looked at databases for six different police precincts around the area. They found that over a three year span, police were involved in more than 2,300 at-fault accidents.

"Improper backing," "driver inattention," and "failure to maintain control" were listed as the most common causes of the crashes, although that last one seems like it's probably at least kind of the cause in every accident, right?

If there's a silver lining, it's that in most of the cases where someone was injured, it was usually the cop doing the lovely driving. Unfortunately, that can't always be the case. In Montgomery County, eight people have been injured in accidents that were determined to be the fault of the police since 2010. Fairfax County has paid out more than $1,000,000 in claims related to the 471 at-fault accidents they've had since 2010.

Don't take that to mean they're averse to trying to skirt responsibility when they tear poo poo up. In 2012, a man named Randy Smith was out $9,000 when a Manassas City Police Department vehicle crashed into his rental home. When he asked to be reimbursed, the city claimed sovereign immunity, which is a legal doctrine that says the sovereign or state cannot commit a legal wrong. That makes a person awfully difficult to sue, you know?

Of course, not every story of terrible driving by the D.C. Metro area police has such a slapstick quality to it. In 2008, a woman named Ashley McIntosh was killed after a police cruiser ran a red light without using a siren and smashed into the side of her car. The incident was captured by a dashboard camera.

Things have gotten so out of hand in Prince George's County that the police department there recently launched a campaign called "Arrive Alive" that's aimed at reminding cops to not drive like they're in the movies.

Whip?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Ah yes, cracked.com, the best for hard hitting news and investigative reports.

:siren: Cops, who spend literally their entire work day driving around, get into accidents. More at 5. :siren:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Ah yes, cracked.com, the best for hard hitting news and investigative reports.

:siren: Cops, who spend literally their entire work day driving around, get into accidents. More at 5. :siren:

It's because they don't do enough yoga

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Reign Of Pain posted:

It's because they don't do enough yoga

Smoke some weed, drink a beer, chill the gently caress out and stop crashing in to people and shooting black people.

-Obama address to the police memorial today.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

the going theory is meatsicle was the cannibal cop. Theres no evidence to support it but I want to believe.

Midwesterners got to stand together against the ivory tower east coast elite cops

i'll grant beanieson honorary midwestern citizenship, but he has to rep a lovely state like michigan.

I'm repin the whole Louisiana purchase and as a resident of the Dakotas I'm like your Feudal Lord or something.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Smoke some weed, drink a beer, chill the gently caress out and stop crashing in to people and shooting black people.

If that we're true he'd get my vote

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Since when do blacks talk to the police?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Reign Of Pain posted:

Since when do blacks talk to the police?

All the time. They say things like, "these aren't my pants," and "I was just holding that for my cousin."

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Dindu nuffin.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

POTUS posted:

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
A PROCLAMATION

Each May, our Nation salutes the American women and men who put their lives on the line every day to maintain public safety and hold accountable those who break the law. On Peace Officers Memorial Day and during Police Week, we recognize all those who have dedicated their lives to this vital task. With heavy hearts, we mourn the heroes taken from us only because they chose to serve, and we rededicate ourselves to carrying forward their noble legacy.

Our law enforcement officers have extraordinarily tough jobs. They regularly work in dangerous environments and in difficult, high-tension situations. And they often face challenges deeply rooted in systemic problems and broader social issues. These professionals serve to protect their communities and strengthen their Nation, and they deserve to go home safely to their loved ones at the end of each shift. As President, I am committed to making sure America's dedicated police officers receive the support and recognition they have earned, and to doing all I can to protect those who protect us.

One important way to make policing safer and more effective is by continuing to enhance relations and trust between law enforcement and the neighborhoods they serve. This will make it easier and safer for police officers to do their jobs, and it will strengthen the places we live and work. This important task will require our Nation -- our communities, our law enforcement, and our leaders at every level -- to come together to commit to meeting this challenge and moving our country forward, block by block and neighborhood by neighborhood. As President, I firmly believe it is within our power to make progress in our time, and I am dedicated to partnering with all those who are willing to do this necessary work.

My Administration is taking concrete steps to implement the commonsense, pragmatic recommendations my Task Force on 21st Century Policing put forward based on input from law enforcement personnel as well as criminal justice experts, community leaders, and civil liberties advocates. And we are engaging with local jurisdictions so they can begin to make the changes that will help ensure that police officers and their communities are partners in battling crime and that everyone feels safe on and off the job.

Our Nation's police officers are mentors in our schools, familiar faces on the corner, and pillars of our communities. They keep our borders secure and our roads safe, and in times of crisis, they rush toward tragedy. They are hardworking mothers, fathers, daughters, and sons who have dedicated their lives to public service, working every day to build a brighter future for their families and their Nation. Their selfless commitment and daily sacrifice represent what is possible for every city, town, and reservation in America, and our country has an enormous opportunity to lift up the very best law enforcement personnel as examples -- not just to other officers, but to all who aspire to lives of good citizenship. This week and every week, let us remember the patriots who laid down their lives for ours and honor all who strive to make our Nation more safe, more free, and more just.

By a joint resolution approved October 1, 1962, as amended (76 Stat. 676), and by Public Law 103-322, as amended (36 U.S.C. 136-137), the President has been authorized and requested to designate May 15 of each year as "Peace Officers Memorial Day" and the week in which it falls as "Police Week."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 15, 2015, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 10 through May 16, 2015, as Police Week. I call upon all Americans to observe these events with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I also call on the Governors of the United States and its Territories, and appropriate officials of all units of government, to direct that the flag be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day. I further encourage all Americans to display the flag at half-staff from their homes and businesses on that day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this eighth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand fifteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-ninth.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I love guns, alcohol, AND powerlifting.

:colbert:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

GunForumMeme posted:

I love guns, alcohol, AND powerlifting.

:colbert:

All at once?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Today I learned: Pictures of pubes with no junk doesn't fall under the VA state code for sexting! :eng101:

HAVE AT IT BOYS!!! SEND THEM PICKS TO UNTAGGED!

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

The first two go together really: guns/alcohol.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

Today I learned: Pictures of pubes with no junk doesn't fall under the VA state code for sexting! :eng101:

HAVE AT IT BOYS!!! SEND THEM PICKS TO UNTAGGED!

You all need to learn better manscaping.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Otherwise what's the point?

Untagged posted:

You all need to learn better manscaping.

Who still has pubes in TYOOL 2015?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

It's not just that I thought he'd be a better president (he would've been), but that I figured we were better as a nation than electing a 2 year do-nothing from the most corrupt state in the union.

edit - If loving jeb bush is the GOP nominee I'm just gonna stop voting altogether.

:laffo:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Are you gonna toxx for your boy Ted Cruz???

I just want to say thank you America for taking him. Can we give you the rest of our ultra-conservatives from southern Alberta that freak the poo poo out of everyone especially sane conservatives? Just house them in an ultra-red state that will never go blue as long as trailer homes exist.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Justin Godscock posted:

I just want to say thank you America for taking him. Can we give you the rest of our ultra-conservatives from southern Alberta that freak the poo poo out of everyone especially sane conservatives? Just house them in an ultra-red state that will never go blue as long as trailer homes exist.

+1 :canada:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

More intelligent and thought provoking posts from n4i.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

More intelligent and thought provoking posts from n4i.

:allears:

It's funny because it's no more or less intelligent or thought provoking than what you said :)

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 15, 2015

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Oddly enough, your posts still have more substance than an Obama speech.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Keep going I'm almost there.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:allears:

It's funny because it's no more or less intelligent or thought provoking than what you said :)

Holy poo poo, I almost posted this word for word.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This amazing. :fap:

I am a business owner who supports high taxes and government takeover of private business, ama.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I came

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
to be fair, obama has been nothing but a do nothing corportatist patsy who sucked republican dick for the last 8 years and gave them everything they wanted. At least if Rmoney had won the demos would have had a spine and resisted him at every turn.

That sharia loving muslim couldn't even give us universal healthcare. The only thing obama is good for is slow jamming the news and giving breathy pauses in speeches.

Branis fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 15, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

The truth is you cold put anyone at all in that office and it wouldn't have any affect on most of the population. Tell me how your lifestyle is any different today than it was under GW? Are you still employed? Are we still at war? Are you still paying for healthcare? Are you still paying the same tax rate? Are we still tremendous faggots?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I just want a president/congress that believes in science and is willing to disband the military and spend it all on NASA so that our children don't have to kill people over water in 75 years.

BERNIE SANDERS 2016
FULL COMMUNISM 2015
NEXT YEAR IN JERUSALEM
420 SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

I am a business owner who supports high taxes and government takeover of private business, ama.

This mo'fucka knows whats up

e: btw, I ate this for lunch again today:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Branis posted:

sucked republican dick for the last 8 years and gave them everything they wanted.

I don't know about that, don't blame republicans because obama didn't get poo poo done except a worthless healthcare bill that didn't give anybody what they wanted.

At least Bernie Sanders stands for something, what did Obama stand for? I'll take Bernie over Obama anyday.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Oddly enough, your posts still have more substance than an Obama speech.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Keep going I'm almost there.

Would you two just gently caress already and get it over with? Jesus, GiP don't need no Sam and Diane style sexual tension goin on

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
lets cut that sexual tension with some canadian fighting words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EDZMkrkGn0

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Reign Of Pain posted:

This mo'fucka knows whats up

e: btw, I ate this for lunch again today:

Has been forwarded to Fox News. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night