Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

AnimalChin posted:

Anyone tried a Wheel Stand Pro? http://wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-logitech-g25g27-racing-wheel---deluxe

It looks like it might be real nice to have my wheel setup always ready to go instead of having to clamp it to my desk every time I want to run a few laps. Just wondering if anyone has used one and how well it works.

I had one when I had a few different wheels and it was good. It looks like it would wobble but it doesn't. And it also looks like the pole in the middle would interfere with usage of the brake pedal but it doesn't. They're really solid. The parts are modular too so you can get plates that have different bolt patterns on them, different shifter mounts, different pedal brackets. You have to contact the US reseller though to get access to the spare parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Are we still crashing racing today?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I'll be getting on the server in ~20 mins when Daytona is done.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Same

I'm not sure when we're thinking of starting the race; I'd make sure that we had a fair bit of time between Daytona ending and us starting since we're doing a hard car

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The race starts 20:30 as always.

Edit: Well, as the other two times we did this before :)

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

GutBomb posted:

I had one when I had a few different wheels and it was good. It looks like it would wobble but it doesn't. And it also looks like the pole in the middle would interfere with usage of the brake pedal but it doesn't. They're really solid. The parts are modular too so you can get plates that have different bolt patterns on them, different shifter mounts, different pedal brackets. You have to contact the US reseller though to get access to the spare parts.

I've got one for my g27, echoing all of this. It's a pretty solid mount.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Great, I was just on the server and now it's not showing up in the browser.

Anyone else having trouble?

nevermind I am a dumb.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
That was by far the most annoying, undrivable car I have ever driven in a game, only managed one clean lap in practice.

I left as I was a menace to other road users in the end.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
That was super fun, thanks everyone.

Sorry I am so bad at cars.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I actually had an awesome race, to my own suprise.

Still, I'm gonna select something more relaxing for next sunday.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was fun. Don't think you are bad if you sucked with that car because it feels like you are just steering a rocket ship around. It highlights how modern cars are so ridiculous since they can go way faster around a track and have way more grip.

Also no one cares if you are bad.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I'd rather a goon spun and crashed his way around the track hilariously than leave because they felt they were a nuisance :(

Also yeah holy cow the Lotus 49 is nuts, opposite lock all over the place, gonna go search for some more classic tracks to smash into walls and trees on.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

GhostDog posted:

Robin Reliants.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

GhostDog posted:

rFactor 2 Boxmaster

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Peugeot 504. Or Ferraris.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The lotus 49 more shows off how far tires have come. I know that walking around feeling the bias ply tires have. And I thought the race was tonight. Oh well maybe next week

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

How many people have dlc 3? Something like the GT86 at Brands Hatch might be a more relaxing time.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm pretty sure we're staying away from DLC2/3 stuff to keep activity up: I still don't have it although I'll probably pick it up.

If we do I'd recommend the Lotus 25, in the other sims I've raced it in its basically the fun parts of the 49 but with much less power so its a lot more drivable. The closest thing to it would be something like the Skip Barber car

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah sorry I had to sit this one out. I had some chores that needed doing so I opted to get those done instead of clenching my butt for an hour. I'd still like to do some classic GP, I was just thinking more along the lines of Monza or something.

Also for the record I have all the DLC because those fuckers always put something I really want in them.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 1, 2016

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ratmtattat posted:

How many people have dlc 3? Something like the GT86 at Brands Hatch might be a more relaxing time.

GT86 at some track isn't a bad shout actually, maybe Silverstone international or Nurburgring sprint.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have all the dlc. I really wish a modern sim had Côte de azure/Monaco.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

jonathan posted:

I have all the dlc. I really wish a modern sim had Côte de azure/Monaco.

Project cars

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll buy some DLC if people want to use it in the future. I have been looking for a reason to anyways.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
My favorite but clenching moment from yesterday's race:

Edit:

In HD :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hx9OM1v_bU#t=720

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 1, 2016

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

GhostDog posted:

My favorite but clenching moment from yesterday's race:

Edit:

In HD :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hx9OM1v_bU#t=720

I'm the twat on the right.

I had a killer view for that and I was real nervous I was going to be the cause of a nasty wreck there, but you guys made it through. Good job.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Let's try a short track next weekend:

a) Toyota GT86 at Magione

or

b) Corvette C6R at Barbagallo

Edit: At some point I'm gonna include DLC2+3 stuff, but not yet.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 1, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

yeah just watch me gently caress up turn 2 and then never see me again.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

This sounds excellent.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I agree

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GhostDog posted:

Let's try a short track next weekend:

a) Toyota GT86 at Magione

or

b) Corvette C6R at Barbagallo

Edit: At some point I'm gonna include DLC2+3 stuff, but not yet.

I am down for either of these options.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

OhsH posted:

yeah just watch me gently caress up turn 2 and then never see me again.

The OhsH way.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Assetto Corsa:

Sunday, February 7th
20:00 GMT
Corvette C6R at Barbagallo

Server details and mod links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761771

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Can anyone recommend a floor standing adjustable height triple monitor stand?

I want the center monitor directly behind my wheel that I have mounted to a playseat challege.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The server is up again and now has sTracker to record laptimes etc.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761771

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I actually jumped in just as you were logging out.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
C6r gt3 spec? Mind throwin in other cars for variety maybe? Excluding dlc cars, of course.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can anyone tell me why FOV doesn't work in my Asetto install ? It's zoomed in so far I can't even see the dash, changing the FOV moves the shading of the track around but does nothing to my view.

I've been sliding the seat position way back to compensate. I'm all for a close FOV but I'd at least like to see part of the tach.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

OhsH posted:

C6r gt3 spec? Mind throwin in other cars for variety maybe? Excluding dlc cars, of course.

Did you try some to see if they fit in terms of performance? If they do I wouldn't mind.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

Did you try some to see if they fit in terms of performance? If they do I wouldn't mind.

I think i did one race at spa in the c6r, let eveybody pass, and it wasnt a poo poo combo, bmw z4s still walked away but that might just have been them being the first 3 cars :v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alr
May 14, 2009

The 12C honestly seems a decent matchup at this track, both of those times were set with optimum surface and soft tyres (C6 can go super soft if you do qualifying). 12C has ABS from factory but the Corvette doesn't really feel like it needs it. Haven't looked at tuning either of those cars all too much, but the Mclaren is understeery. I set a 56.4 with the Corvette on super softs but I dunno how much of that was the tyres and how much was an extra few laps of practice.

• Locked thread