Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
A recommendation, as your sim gear gets more serious, you might have to as well. It is rumored that a motor add-on for the expensive Accuforce wheel can break your goddamn arms.

If you do endurance racing, proper gloves to prevent blisters might be needed as well as footwear.

If you can buy spare parts, do so so that you're not waiting weeks without a wheel or pedals. I have a spare racing wheel and pedals in the form of a MOMO wheel, but also spare pots for my Clubsport Pedals and tools at the ready to fix my stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Ziploc posted:

Where dis rumor from?

From the iRacing forums. Take it with a grain of salt but I'd like to imagine that there is some goober out there who did the motor add-on and then cranked it up to 11 while blaring Guns 'n Roses and plowed into the walls at Daytona and promptly had both his arms get pulled right off.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

GSC updated on Steam, 4-stroke carts!

And more:

Car:
-Added new kart series: 4-stroke GX390 amateur racing spec

Track:
-Added Londrina kart track (3 layouts)

Features & Fixes:

-Updated terrain shaders & textures for Spielberg, Spielberg Historic & Interlagos Historic (other tracks to receive the same treatment in following updates)
-Several sound updates & fine tuning
-Several physics updates & fine tuning
-Various AI fixes & improvements
-Further optimization (F-Retro, F-Vee & trackside TV cameras specially)
-Fixed bug with F-Retro shadows becoming corrupted and crippling performance
-Upgraded Metalmoro MR18 windshield resolution in all cars
-Fixed alpha in road lines sorting with 3D grass blades in various tracks
-Improved scaling of mirrors in all cars (further mapping corrections still to be done)
-Reduced default cockpit FOV from 55 to 50 degrees in all cars

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I really wish there was a place I can physically try out a G27, I have a MOMO that's loud as hell and my Fanatec GT2 is having troubles. Is the G27 gear driven? Is it loud and chatty?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

It seems to be mostly league stuff, so you'll hardly find anything in the off hours.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Stop talking about the Rally game. Makes me want to buy it when I should be saving money!!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

ethanol posted:

Game Stock Car question... do you guys find it incredibly easy to spin out in this game? It's like no matter what setting I adjust, steering sensitivity is nigh impossible on tight corners compared to other sims

I know they say to set your steering and wheel lock to a certain percentage. Their website will tell you depending on the car class, such for stocks or minis or formula.

Edit: I have bought Dirt Rally. No ragrets. This is a great game even if it's in its early phase.

Ringo Star Get fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 3, 2015

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

What's the goon Dirt Rally league? I've bee blasting away just using a 360 controller since my wheel is in storage in a closet beneath junkasauras.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

+7:50 because on the second to last stage my rear left tire came off :(

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

The co-driver notes are actually flat out wrong in several spots, mostly in Greece. People have been posting about them in the tech support subforum on the steam dirt community

Yeah I tend to not believe him when he says "don't cut" because that means on the opposite side there's a large drop off and I go into a ditch.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

There's a lot of things that P Cars does well, and some where its not so good. Such as some tracks giving you track cutting warnings when you're coming out of the pits when the drat thing is on autopilot, or on some tracks your car will roll backwards in the lead-up to the start and you get a penalty for that.

The AI needs to get a run-through again because it can be dumb as hell but also an awesome challenge. Having them get no speed penalty for cutting a track or going into the sandtrap is BS though.

It's definitely fits in between GSCE and Forza/Gran Turismo games no problem.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I'm going to toss money their way because GSCE was one of the racing sims I put in a bit more hours in than Race07 before it hit Steam.

In other racing games, has anyone given Trackday Manager a look? Sometimes I don't feel like racing, but managing a race team seems fun. I've played Motorport Manager on my iPhone and that was F1 related but isn't quite itching the itch much.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Reiza got 100+% funding. I gave them 50 since I know I probably wouldn't have time to play a new racing game beta but love me some GsCe stuff.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Good. I'd like to add some money to my donation to possibly now get into the future beta.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

If IL-2: 1946 can simulate people running out of tanks and trucks as they are strafed I'm sure it can be done with automobiles.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

GhostDog posted:

SKY IS FALLING, THE END OF SIM RACING posted:
I feel ill, this is the most depressing news I have had EVER.
I knew it was just a matter of time before it happened, just like it wont be long before the desktop launcher becomes obsolete.
This to me feels like the death of simulation racing and the door of simcade has just hammered the final nail and it is now been lowered into the ground.
Oh! I will mourn, weep and now lick my wounds and count the cost I have put in to watch my favourite sim cross through the door to the arcade world of push button joypad junkies that is Steam.

I bet this guy fought tooth and nail when games started to move into 64-bit and did not want to give up his Windows XP.

Then years before that was mad about graphics cards being required.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I don't care about fast times, I care about getting my car across the finish line with more than 2 wheels attached.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Ditto, its an honestly dated title and a clean-slate start would be awesome for them.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

njsykora posted:

Yeah, most of the objections I've seen are people worried about how this would affect their league (not at all) and people who for some ungodly reason spend hundreds of dollars on racing wheels but are still running Windows XP. I don't blame them for not wanting to wrestle with the nightmare I assume GSCE's code base is and just starting fresh.

Someone legitimately said that they would be sad at a game no longer supporting Windows XP and another member offered to send them a PC that would easily at least run Windows10.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

So what's the chance that the new Fanatec wheel is going to be a replacement for the GT2 as an affordable wheel? Or will it be stupidly expensive.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I love steam sales for racing games. I don't have a lot of free time so my purchases are basically for when i either become unemployed, use up a lot of vacation time, break a limb, become sick, or win the lotto.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Love me some SCE.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I think I'm gonna jump on and do some races. I'm Sigma One on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SigOne

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Your best bet is to just release a mod without a name, without a forum, so you never have to hear whiny babies whine about a wing is 1 degree off from the real world design, or that livery color is off by an inch.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Still, Sammy needs to make sure not to break the car.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

For those looking for Christmas SCE action, I nabbed some time off from 22 to the 29, so if you want to race in the morning in Central time I'm a dude to race with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Is that 8PM EST?

• Locked thread