Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

You have used 43 of 300 characters allowed.
Tortured By Flan
I bought AC last week as well as a G29, but drat I find it hard staying on the track (playing on pro mode). Does anyone have any tips beyond practicing racing lines and such? I'm starting to get the hang of driving Silverstone, but then I noticed that changing the tire type has a pretty big effect in terms of grip. Whats the best way to learn how to tune a car for a given track?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

You have used 43 of 300 characters allowed.
Tortured By Flan
Finally getting a hang of things now, I've been on the server as SVRossen. The race was a blast compared to the singleplayer hotlapping I'm used to.

Edit: Just read this on Facebook about the 1.5 update.

quote:

The development of Assetto Corsa began in 2011. Since then, we have vastly improved our modelling techniques – today we have more resources (budget and manpower) and expertise, and the latest laser-scanning technology also allows us to obtain a better and wider scan, offering an opportunity to grab a higher number of objects surrounding the track. Moreover, during the development of Assetto Corsa, we have changed our approach to texturing and track modelling, creating more secondary details and trackside objects and also featuring 3D trees and camera-facing objects and crowds, something that resulted in nicer scenarios and better immersion. However, as a result there is now a visible gap in terms of graphics and details if you compare some of the first and the latest circuits created for Assetto Corsa.
Last year we made some tests with a new laser-scanning device, testing it at our HQ at Vallelunga race track, where we made our preliminary tests in early 2010 in preparation for the Ferrari Virtual Academy videogame. Since our aim is to offer our fans the best of our skills, know-how and quality, we are glad to tell you that we have started the process of optimizing and improving all our existing circuits, including Vallelunga, Nurburgring GP, Mugello, Magione, Imola, Silverstone, Monza, Spa Francorchamps, as well as the Nordschleife. The upgraded versions of these tracks will be available as a free update with build 1.5, currently in development.
Thank you very much for your great support!

Supersonic fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 8, 2016

• Locked thread