Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kilonum posted:

Like gutbomb said, rFactor 2. Original rF has a pretty baller mod that has all the cars and tracks from the 1979 F1 season.

I want to mess around with F1 as well but man rFactor 2 just looks ugly in ever screenshot I've seen. Is it noticeably bad like this in game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
How often do G27s go on sale? I thought there would be some Memorial Day/Indy 500 sale somewhere on them somewhere but nope.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Burnout Paradise is fun if she likes wrecks

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Sim spergs are only happy in a frictionless universe.

My first racing sim was surf_ski_2

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
e: wrong thread sorry

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Glad to know that I am not the only person that hates Laguna Seca. It feels like most people I come across love it but I am never not garbage on that track in any game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had almost forgotten about this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33642-Ian-Bell-you-can-t-be-this-immature&p=1025778&viewfull=1

I don't know why his reply is so funny but it is

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have played a bit of Project Cars via Link and it is certainly playable. It felt a bit weird in an indescribable way but that might have been the Steam controller. I have no idea if a wheel would work but it take USB inputs and sends it to the computer so I don't see why it wouldn't

e: Nevermind I'm dumb:

Please note, other input devices may work, however other controllers and input devices have not been tested and are therefore not supported at this time.
Devices that DO NOT work with the Steam Link
Xbox One - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
Flight Sticks
Steering Wheels

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 4, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the server. I am getting a 175 ping from Ohio for what it is worth.

This race feels like it will be a shitshow unless people actually practice the Lotus on that track beforehand. I might be a poo poo driver (I am) but I couldn't get a full clean lap in like 30 minutes of practice on an empty server. Do you have a setup that might help?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
After another practice I'm going to throw a vote in for switching either the car or track. Both are really cool but the combo is loving rough.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
On the other hand I should stop being such a bitch rear end and get better

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lets just do the 49

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was fun. Don't think you are bad if you sucked with that car because it feels like you are just steering a rocket ship around. It highlights how modern cars are so ridiculous since they can go way faster around a track and have way more grip.

Also no one cares if you are bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll buy some DLC if people want to use it in the future. I have been looking for a reason to anyways.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I agree

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think it is actually pretty easy to drive on that track. Maybe I need to do something to the setup to make it harder (faster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The AC Dream Packs are all 30% off in the Steam sale this weekend.

Project Cars is only $20

• Locked thread