Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Where did the punster go when he was defeated? The "punitentiary"!
Well I'm now all caught up with the thread. I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed I didn't hear a word about this game coming out way back when. Although, judging from what I've seen so far, it looks a little too mini-game heavy for my tastes. Of course, I'd probably enjoy it just the same like the GBC game and Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

Anyway, I can't say the whole "Shaved Ice is an ingredient" really caught me off guard... considering I played Heartbreak and all. Then again, I think that's more because there's nothing in my head that really tells me to stop and think unless something overly exceptionally bizarre happens. Also, speaking of ingredients, has anyone been getting a Toriko vibe from this plot? I mean granted you aren't collecting these things to make some awesome meal, but a rainbow instead. It's probably just me though.

And I have to admit... I'm kind of tempted to switch my avatar from Majin Regal to The Ham With No Name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

The format I've chosen doesn't really convey this so well, but a lot of these minigames take all of 4-10 seconds when you do them successfully, and the majority are actually optional. There are a few that take a while, but they're not very common.

I hadn't heard of Toriko before, but now I know where that blue-haired dude is from, so that's good. :toot:

Really? Huh, well that definitely clears that up. Also, that blue haired dude IS Toriko. The series is basically Fist of the North Star meets Iron Chef and I'd really recommend reading it to anyone (never watch it though, the anime was toned down a lot compared to the manga).

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

But you don't get to hear Tough Boy.

I was talking more about Toriko. Its anime adaptation is toned down a bit too much (IE: during Toriko's fight with Tommyrod, Tommyrod EATS HIS ARM OFF in the manga. In the anime, he just hits it enough with his boiled insect egg gun move until it completely destroys Toriko's arm.) And yet... it's opening themes are great and for some reason the dub from what little I've seen is pretty solid.

As for Fist of the North Star, anyone should watch or read it. It doesn't matter how you do it, just experience it.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Umm, ladies… there just happens to be another strong Ham-Ham in your presence…

...Ice cold, Pashmina.

This made me laugh much more than I thought it would have. Probably my favorite moment in today's update.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if they actually wound up getting Indigo seawater instead of the indigo shell. I've learned a lot from Ham-Ham Heartbreak... or maybe it's just done something to how I perceive things in regards to what occurs in a Hamtaro game. I don't know really.

Also is it just me or this turning turning out to be a really short game? I mean in just 12 updates six of the seven ingredients have been obtained. Although maybe I'm just thinking about it too much.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

This is the greatest dumbest thing to happen in the game. Nothing is going to top this update or the ones following it in regards to this mini-arc.

And you and Leave just have the best conversations.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Red Punster went out the way he always wanted to… Making awful puns. (This pun is dedicated to Leavemywife.)

I really wish I could somehow make this moment an avatar. It's probably my favorite moment in the entire LP. If only more villains were like Red Punster.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Put the pun as the title text, and hopefully this will work for you. :) I'd shrink the whole thing, but the text becomes utterly illegible at 150x100.

Thank you. Thank you so much Yapping Eevee.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

We get perhaps the game’s greatest picture, Red Punster & Hamtaro! In fact… Give me a minute here…

-By Yapping Eevee, age 26.

I wish I could have gotten rid of those lines on Hamtaro (dramatic shading's a little hard to do with the selection of colours on offer), but I gave it a shot. The picture deserved to at least be attempted. :)

Truly the greatest artwork in the game, par none. I'm a couple minutes with any image editing program would only improve it, though that would probably be obvious and go against the spirit of giving it color in game.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Why does Auntie Viv laugh like Boss? :psyduck:

Could be worse, she could laugh like Ashuraman.
https://youtu.be/iVyRwdtj1zw?t=19s

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Wow, this was a short game. However, that doesn't take away anything from this enjoyable LP. I am glad that we got to see Red Punster one final time before the game ended. Thinking of starting up another LP soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Man, some of the mats down the line just went to :effort: didn't they? Then again, they all can't be winners and if you're going to have so many it's only natural that would happen.

• Locked thread