Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

Are you around tonight?

sorry man, was at a party. you got time tonight? i'll be in irc while i'm on, both mt goon and #mtgthunderdome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

black potus posted:

sorry man, was at a party. you got time tonight? i'll be in irc while i'm on, both mt goon and #mtgthunderdome

I'm on now.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
steve gets me 2-0

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

GGs! Strip Mine off the top to stop a lethal Hurkyl's. Sometimes Vintage happens.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
TheKingOfSprings & instantrunoffvote what's the haps chaps

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
by tomorrow at 5pm when i give my dog dinner i will award the win to whichever of you i've heard from. if i hear from neither i'll flip a coin, if i hear from both you have to play.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

black potus posted:

TheKingOfSprings & instantrunoffvote what's the haps chaps

Hi sorry seeding's a pain in the rear end

Also I have a funeral to go to tomorrow

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
congrats tkos you won

suicidesteve vs TheKingOfSprings
TheLawinator vs Ranpire

as before left chooses play/draw. still bo3

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

We should probably play the game some time, PM me with any times you're available.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

suicidesteve vs TheKingOfSprings

When are we playing? I'm probably free Sunday from like 9-10 EST, Monday after 11/my modern match if that's when we end up battling, maybe Tuesday night, and after 3ish Wednesday. After that I get home from work a few minutes after 4 for the rest of the week. Thursday probably works best for me at that point.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Oop, just now saw that new pairings were up. Currently I'm available US Central afternoons, evenings and late night, no standing commitments until the 12th. Lawlinator can find me idling on IRC at any hour under the nick "Ranmilia". PM'd this to him as well.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
hello friends has anyone played in these distinguished semifinals

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

hello friends has anyone played in these distinguished semifinals

I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll take the win though. :v:

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
steve you are my rock

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

steve you are my rock

:allears:

I want that Crusade. I need it.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I don't want to play on cockatrice, I'll make a mistake and lose!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Butt

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

suicidesteve posted:

:allears:

I want that Crusade. I need it.

It's an Army of Allah, but yes.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

The March Hare posted:

It's an Army of Allah, but yes.

I need that less but still.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So when are we playing?! I've been waiting 1 and a half weeks and your response to me trying to play is "Butt."

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah TKOS post in this thread to try to schedule something today or i'm going to loss you

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

black potus posted:

yeah TKOS post in this thread to try to schedule something today or i'm going to loss you

Hi can we play tonight or tomorrow after like 6:00 PM CST

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

My internet was dead for most of the night. Tonight after my BYOS match should/will have to work.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

My internet was dead for most of the night. Tonight after my BYOS match should/will have to work.

I think that would work

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/0 in some highly interactive games.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
law and ran where are you!!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

law and ran where are you!!

DQed!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I sent him a message the other day but I won't really knock him on that. I installed cockatrice and am available to play most parts of most days, although I need to get this done before next Thursday as I will be leaving the country for 5 weeks and will have better poo poo to do EZ EZ EZ.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
will you be able to play if you make it to the finals or should i just give him the win anyway :I

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
I'm around, just been busy with new job taking up my evening availability a lot. I'll try and catch lawlinator on IRC today!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

black potus posted:

will you be able to play if you make it to the finals or should i just give him the win anyway :I

Next week, not this week. I'll be ready for ranpire later today.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

should i just give him the win anyway :I

Do this.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

2-1 over ranpire, merfucks strike again.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

TheLawinator posted:

2-1 over ranpire, merfucks strike again.

Confirming this.

Game 1: Despite a Lotus + Dack start that drew a lot of cards, I failed to find colored lands and was waste/stripped right outta there. Library, my own Strip Mine, and Mana Crypt all showed up for maximum punishment!

Game 2: Went long, very back and forth with both of us bluffing counterspells but never drawing them. My first Tinker->Blightsteel was bounced by Steel Sabotage, but discarding it and then Snapcaster-Tinkering to get it again worked out.

Game 3: 7 cards, no blue mana and no free counters. 6 cards, 4 lands, Blightsteel, Misstep. 5 card hand had land, Lotus and a Force, seemed all right. Unfortunately I was beaten down quickly, and the cute play of Mana Drain on his uncounterable merfolk to get some mana and Tinker was one turn too late.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Ranpire posted:

Confirming this.

Game 1: Despite a Lotus + Dack start that drew a lot of cards, I failed to find colored lands and was waste/stripped right outta there. Library, my own Strip Mine, and Mana Crypt all showed up for maximum punishment!

Game 2: Went long, very back and forth with both of us bluffing counterspells but never drawing them. My first Tinker->Blightsteel was bounced by Steel Sabotage, but discarding it and then Snapcaster-Tinkering to get it again worked out.

Game 3: 7 cards, no blue mana and no free counters. 6 cards, 4 lands, Blightsteel, Misstep. 5 card hand had land, Lotus and a Force, seemed all right. Unfortunately I was beaten down quickly, and the cute play of Mana Drain on his uncounterable merfolk to get some mana and Tinker was one turn too late.

I think that wouldn't have worked out anyway, I had a spell pierce (that I was holding up the entire game) and if you mana drained the lord instead of TNN you'd have 1 less mana and not able to pay. Even if you had a counter for that I had enough toughness to block blightsteel for a turn with TNN and then swing lethal. Same number of turns either way.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Yeah, that is true. The actual best play was probably to save Black Lotus instead of popping out Notion Thief.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Ranpire posted:

Yeah, that is true. The actual best play was probably to save Black Lotus instead of popping out Notion Thief.

Yep. Notion Thief did actual nothing I think.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
STEVE VS LAW

STEVE IS HIGH SEED

BEST OF FIVE

FIGHT

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

loving shops, shoulda scooped to ranpire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

loving shops, shoulda scooped to ranpire.

It's not too late to scoop to me.

Also I don't think I can play before Friday.

Kidding. Monday night is probably the best time for me. I'm not sure of my wife's schedule beyond that but I'd rather not have to babysit while I'm playing in the match of my career.

Edit: Scratch that. Tuesday night. I could also play late Sunday night/Monday morning.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 21, 2015

• Locked thread