Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

been going since January 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ew

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
im a boring white person haha

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Rush_shirt posted:

Huh, nomapple's looks sort of like mine (granted I recently reset my scrobbles).

Bad taste in music bros. :hfive:

Yeah I also love Mineral, Radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Rush, Enslaved and Panopticon. I really should check out that Midnight Odyssey album some time. (I fell out of love with Alcest :( )

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
Here's an updated one:

About a week of listening across every device I listen on.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
overall

e: fame monster shows up twice because it's rerelease of The Fame

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

nomapple posted:

I really should check out that Midnight Odyssey album some time.

The MO album is my go-to for falling asleep.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kmlkmljkl posted:

Here's an updated one:

About a week of listening across every device I listen on.

hey music buddy. if you haven't check it out, the comp magic album with the rocket ship on it is my fav

da last YEAR

THE last WEEK, yeah some are def just listening to one track, like the msmr remix and the couple tracks i just listened to in the car

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Last 12 months

Last 10 years

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Last 12 months

Last 10 years

Interesting... not many people can say they've had a last.fm account as a toddler.

Lord Superchrome
Aug 8, 2012
I've been scrobbling since 2004. The site used to be blue.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
most recent

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Don't judge.

All time:

Last 12 months:

Don't u loving judge

edit: No idea why the Miike Snow album art is blank.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Holy poo poo that Leviathan record is so good. You Fail Me is criminally underrated, as Converge albums go.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Pretty embarrassed about this... Time to listen to more new things.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
This is my all time but I reset my plays in like 09 or something (also my all time leans heavily to 09/10 for some reason, I guess I had more time to listen to the same 4 artists over and over again when I was 19)

and this is 6 months:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this anything like google play music where, if they can match your tracks, you get to play it them over the cloud to all your google enabled devices?

https://play.google.com/about/music/unlock/

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Zeluth posted:

Is this anything like google play music where, if they can match your tracks, you get to play it them over the cloud to all your google enabled devices?

https://play.google.com/about/music/unlock/

Last.fm used to be more a radio station kinda thing based on songs you liked to listen to - these days it's usually more used as a database on personal song plays. The site in the op just pulls the artist data from artist/album based on the amount of times you've listened to it, and shows you the artwork.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

auzdark posted:

Last.fm used to be more a radio station kinda thing based on songs you liked to listen to - these days it's usually more used as a database on personal song plays. The site in the op just pulls the artist data from artist/album based on the amount of times you've listened to it, and shows you the artwork.

Sounds like Last.fm is fading away. Can you transfer this last.fm data to other so-called scrobblers?

If not? What is the use now?

Oh, and:

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 13, 2015

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Zeluth posted:

Sounds like Last.fm is fading away. Can you transfer this last.fm data to other so-called scrobblers?

If not? What is the use now?

Oh, and:

Might need someone else to chime in here - I'm not exactly sure if you can properly export your data or not. I'm pretty sure the music service still runs and if you have the subscription, but Spotify would be taking a majority of the steaming market. You can plug in last.fm to pretty much any music player however.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Last.fm is still very useful for keeping track of your listening habits. It's also pretty good for discovering new stuff and its event recommendations are decent too.

That radio feature was always very secondary to me

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

This is my all time but I reset my plays in like 09 or something (also my all time leans heavily to 09/10 for some reason, I guess I had more time to listen to the same 4 artists over and over again when I was 19)

and this is 6 months:

see mi yah is so loving good

there is a remix album that is also very good

auzdark posted:

you can still use it as a radio station kind of thing to recommend new stuff based on your taste. but IMO "scrobbling" has always been its main feature. you know since it used to be audioscrobbler

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
this data collection site needs more exciting multimedia-based features and social networking.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't even think of any other music sites dedicated to data collection. last.fm has a comfortable niche

judging by the fact that the bsg soundtrack got on there i really upped the time i spend studying this year haha. also im a sad rock kinda guy etc etc who cares

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Earwicker posted:

see mi yah is so loving good

there is a remix album that is also very good

Yeah, its a huuuge record. I think most of those plays are from listening to King in My Empire over and over

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

The last week:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Haven't used last.fm for 3 years now but I just had to find out my listening habits in college

Thanks, weed.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Kmlkmljkl posted:

The last week:

Dustforce OST :whatup:

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

Gamma Nerd posted:

Dustforce OST :whatup:

Yeah. Haven't played it in a while, but the music is nice, so I just kept listening to it.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Apparently it can't pull the album art for Tours for some reason, so that gets a big black square.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thats a lot of different sounding music.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Overall:

12 months:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I reset mine about a month ago

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Last 12 months:

All-time:

136373 plays since 24 Oct 2007. Wow, it's been a while!

brenkelieshere
Mar 10, 2007
I'm lame. :)

I've had my account for 10+ years but this is just for the past 12 months.

mottbag
Nov 11, 2009
Last 3 months of my dark passion.

mottbag fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 16, 2015

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Last week:

Last 6 Months:

Overall is just PJ Harvey and NIN albums.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

jonathan posted:

Thats a lot of different sounding music.

Dude. No one wants to know what you listen to when you're sounding.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Since 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Anyone have issues getting last.fm to scrobble properly on mobile devices? :( I listen to music mostly there and it seems like the iOS app is poo poo.

edit: and some content for laughs

Yes, that's some odd stuff but like I said above, scrobbling problems.

• Locked thread