Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Always a pleasure to drive my parents 997.1 C4S cabriolet every time I visit them. Yes its a convertible but at least I talked them into getting a stick. Would buy it off them in a second had they gotten a C2S coupe but at least they let me drive it when I'm in town.

Considering a 997.2 GTS or new Cayman GTS as my next car but am reluctant as Porsche's have replaced BMW/Audi/MB as the desired "look at how successful I am" brand around here.

The obvious answer is to buy an air cooled project car when I get the garage space.

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Visiting my parents and they are offering to sell me their 997.1 C4S 6 speed with the power upgrade. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread the huge caviat here is that it's a cabriolet. Makes sense in the tropical paradise they live in but not in the city where I live. Flip side of course is how cheap they will sell it to me and the knowledge that the car has been a garage queen its whole life.

Would you buy a black 15k mile 2006 C4S cab for SIGNIFCANTLY below market value, or wait till a good 997.2 GTS pops up on the market and just accept that it will be a lot more expensive?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

My family's '06 also has rough looking switches. They already had most of them replaced but the HVAC still looks lovely.

Definitely something wrong with the material.

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 5, 2015

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

There was a GT4 sitting on a lot at Porsche Houston for all of one day about 6 weeks ago.

I would be lying if I didn't admit to thinking about canceling my M3 order then and there and dailying a stiff rear end Cayman for a few years.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Anyone in Canada want a GT4?

http://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/893021-2016-porsche-cayman-gt4.html