Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
Assuming I am unable to convince my wife that I need a 911, would the thread’s second choice be a Panamera or Macan GTS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Elite Taco posted:

Boxster, imo.

Her issue is size, not money, so going to Boxster or Cayman isn’t an option.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

What’s the size objection?

Typical first world problems.

It would be a pain—if not impossible—to fit two sets of golf clubs into a 911, even with the super light/flexible carry bags we both have. We also have a second home about 120 miles away, and it would make the initial drives up a bit more aggravating because it would be hard to fit everything we need into both cars.

But it’s the golf clubs thing that’s the real hurdle.

Edit: Further research suggests this is possible in the Cayman. Will have to test it out.

Omerta fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 7, 2024

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

You can’t put two golf bags in the back seats of a 911? Are golf bags more massive than I remember?

But correct answer is a 981 Cayman S and whatever other second car for golf clubs. Or embrace your tall white socks and buy a vette.

I haven’t seen posts about anyone doing that without sticking clubs in the passenger seat. But it might be possible. I’ll give it a try before I put a deposit down. If that doesn’t work, I think I’m going to get a Panamera.

There is no way in hell I’m getting a corvette.

Edit: I am going to the Porsche experience center in ATL to test drive a GTS and 911. I’ll see which one I like more and ask the people there for input. They should know.

Omerta fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 8, 2024

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Network42 posted:

There are a couple threads on rennlist with pictures of golf bags in the back of a 911. Looks like you have to fold the seats down so if you're particularly tall or long legged it might be an issue, but it's definitely a doable thing.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/999869-golf-clubs-in-911-turbo.html

Excellent, thank you!