Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"
I joined the club over the weekend, picked up a Gentian Blue 718 GTS 4.0. This car is amazing.

Joined PCA in Golden Gate Region and am starting to plan track days. My plan is to do the HPDE event at Thunderhill in April. I’ve tracked my STI there before, a long time ago, but this car is a whole new thing. I’m excited!

Here’s the options list. Having this thing debadged and with black rotors makes it a teeny bit of a sleeper.

Description
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20" 911 Turbo Wheels
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Deletion of Model Designation on Rear
Ventilated Seats
Smoking Package
Deletion of "GTS 4.0" Decal on Doors
Deletion of Race-Tex
Steering Wheel and Gear Lever in Leather
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Smartphone Compartment
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package Premium Package
Brake Calipers in High Gloss Black
Instrument Dials in White
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Headlight Cleaning System Covers Painted in Exterior Color
Center Console Lid with Model Logo
Exclusive Design Fuel Cap

TeMpLaR fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"

Aquila posted:

Congratulations. This is basically my T with the 4.0L H6, I am envious. I think my PCA chapter (CCCR) and Golden Gate share some events, so we may see each other. I've so far registered for local Autocross, Buttonwillow in May, and Laguna Seca in June.

I will be at button willow and laguna as well! Will shoot you a PM.

Here are two pictures https://imgur.com/a/vPN04Sy

TeMpLaR fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 9, 2023

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"
Few more pictures of my 718

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"

Thunderhill with the Cayman. This thing is so good.

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"
I threw some 245/35 and 295/30 cup2s on the 718 for my upcoming Thunderhill weekend, upgrading from the PS4s. I’m still learning tire management at the track, the PS4 lasted 8500 miles and 4 track days.

I’m still continually surprised how every time I drive the car it puts a smile on my face. I really didn’t expect that.

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"
Buy a Cayman or Boxster, use the savings to send your clubs in their own taxi cab.

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"
I bought a new 718 to replace my GTS 4.0. I really loved my GTS 4.0 but I found myself making too many upgrades to it and wanted to put a stop to that. Cannot wait to take this out to the track.

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"

Residency Evil posted:

Holy poo poo congrats!

New from a dealer?

I should have been more clear, it's new to me. It had 3000 miles when I bought it. Full PPF'd. Tomorrow it goes to the shop for a color matched harness bar.

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"

slidebite posted:

Yeah congrats, more pics. Want to see what that color looks like

It's Midnight Blue, black painted PCCBs.

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Holy poo poo. Congrats! drat good choice.

Edit: How do you get over tracking such an expensive machine?

Track insurance helps to a point, but the deductible is still pretty high. Honestly I just don't think about it. I walk to work and don't really need to own a car at all. It would be sad to have a problem at the track but I bought it to use it, it is not meant to sit in the garage with dust over it. I plan to put some miles on it.

After this I think it makes more sense to have a Clubsport and some sort of comfortable tow vehicle. It would be about the same cost, and this car is so powerful that driving it on the street at all is a bit ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeMpLaR
Jan 13, 2001

"Not A Crook"

SlapActionJackson posted:

I've been in one on track. AMA

Student's car; I wasn't driving, unfortunately. Or at least I wasn't the one operating the controls

Did they modify the front and rear aero for maximum attack prior to the track day? I’m having track suspension setup done and max downforce set when it’s in having the harness bar done.