Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

BabyArm posted:

I'm an idiot. Here's said pic of P-car.

Beautiful. Year and specs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

fknlo posted:

So the car that I looked at last week that couldn't get a PPI done until next week...

They apparently put it on ebay without saying anything to me and sold it a couple of days ago. What the gently caress? gently caress you.

Bullet dodged my friend.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014
I recognize the differences but have you given any thought to looking at a Cayman S? The performance is relative unless you're tracking.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

MrChips posted:

The other big problem is that apart from a few special models and the original, 1964-73 cars (and even then not all of those), the 911 is not rare enough to warrant that kind of special treatment, and likely never will be either.

Unless the market makes them artificially rare, which is what we're seeing now. Whoever thought 996s would be in demand?

Personally if I ever won the lottery I'd buy a Singer and drive the piss out of it. Daily driver. Same with a lot of other classic and rare cars.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

fknlo posted:

Found an X50 car on Autotrader. In Illinois so not terribly far from me, <20k miles. Listed for $46k. :crossarms:

Gonna give them a call tomorrow. Rennlist seems to think it's a car that a forum member had that had a bad rotten egg smell from the exhaust. Must be pretty bad at that mileage/price.

There's also a lower mileage X50 car that is obviously a scam since it's listed at $35k and has popped up twice tonight listed with different dealers.

I am also slowly coming to the realization that I might have to go with a silver car to get something in my price range. They're definitely cheaper than other colors.

Just saw this, seems like a pretty decent deal--maybe too good of a deal? https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5284598835.html

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Tremek posted:

No one should pay more than $15k for a base 996 right now. If you do, you're both buying the least-desirable 911 on the planet, and a fool parting with his money.

Where are you finding these magical $15k 996s?

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Motronic posted:

Wow. That might be the worst example of the breed possible. And I'm not even referring to condition.

Nice pictures though!

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Tremek posted:

Just checking my local market, here and here? They're all over. A bunch at that pricepoint listed on cars.com too. Plus... Negotiation? This doesn't change the fact that it's still the least-awesome 911. At least get a 996t.

There's a few there, I'll give you that. But 100k mile plus automatics are not exactly what anyone in this thread is looking for. I can only assume none of these gems have any documentation...as to be expected.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Leopold Stotch posted:

Consensus from an impartial group of car enthusiasts is infinitely more credible than Scott at the dealership, imo.

Agreed. I'm glad you took the advice. Just reading your post made me nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

BlackMK4 posted:

Check that silver one out carefully, if you do go look. I'd wager it was hit in the front.

What makes you say this? I'm viewing on mobile granted.