Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheFonz posted:

Hi Porsche nerds. I have recently become aware and fell in love with the new 911 Targas.

So did I until I found out how much they go for. That fuckin aluminum B pillar :swoon:

I'll get one some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Did the 911 really just jump like 23,000 dollars in base MSRP?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What's the best 911 for 100k or less. Must run 11.9 in the 1/4 or quicker. Which ones are better for tall people?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also fat people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That's two different people though I am the tall person and someone else is the fat person but they are also tall too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a feel for how much you'd be overpaying buying a 991.2 right now due to the market insanity? 10%? 20%?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Residency Evil posted:

A cursory autotrader search shows middling base 2017/2018 991.2s asking 70-90k or so, minimum. Feels like those should be 55-70k cars right now.

Yeah that's kinda the vibe I was getting.

Near me I can't find one with an asking price of less than 99k other than one private party for 75k. And some of those 99k are relatively high miles for a 4 year old 911 I imagine, 40k+.

Looks like old Bird might have to wait a while I'll overpay a little but not like 25k.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Local Carmax has a 2018 C2 for 95k with 20k miles. Not really sure how well equipped it is (which is one of the daunting things for a newbie for Porsche shopping, identifying and valuing they seventy trillion options) but I'm guessing on the lower end of the spectrum. These are also kind of my least favorite 911 wheels, and I don't like the dark blue that much tbh

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah you're right its probably not really the color its the color combo with the wheels

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Russian Bear posted:

Miami blue is the best car color. I will not be taking questions.

:hmmyes:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

NitroSpazzz posted:

Get the VIN and plug it into here - vinanalytics.com/ I used the hell out of it when I was cayman shopping.

Thanks for this link.

Is the price this link gives the MSRP? It’s not like base MSRP without options, right?

Because if so it means my local dealer is asking $25,000 over original MSRP for a 2 year old 4S Cab.

e: yeah it must include options because it’s 13 grand more than the starting MSRP of a 2022 4S cab

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 23, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I assume the dealer will actually negotiate on that price but I'm sure Carmax won't for the 2017 S thats $500 over original MSRP (117.5k).

jfc I'm just going to set a reminder on my phone for 12 months from now that says "resume checking 911 prices"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Saw this lovely today

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is this a good price

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What kinda price for the wrap? Thinking about getting a full wrap for my daily rather than just clear bra on the front.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Goddamn that's cheap. Guessing I won't be able to get anywhere near that in Reno.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Local Porsche dealer has had a red 2020 911 cab for 4+ months, asking 20k over new MSRP. Hasn’t sold, so they raised the price another 13k.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why didn’t they bring their own poop bowls, idiots.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Holy poo poo my local Porsche dealer has finally started realizing all their used cars don't have a stack of gold bars in the trunk. They've had a low mileage 2020 911 4S Cab forever, original window was $150,280 and they had it priced at 175k until about 5 months ago when they actually raised the price to 184k. Just looked and they've dropped it to $150,687.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Residency Evil posted:

Lol gently caress paying msrp for a 2020 cab.

Yeah I wouldn’t ever consider it but it’s a lot better than 35k over MSRP for a 2020 cab

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kensei posted:

I'm visiting friends in Las Vegas and one was thinking of buying a Boxster. We went to drive one for him and he literally didn't fit. He was a former college lineman and is just too big. I don't have that issue, and I enjoyed the test drive.

Yeah I don't fit in Boxsters either.

He'll fit great in a 911 though I bet. They're roomy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Post itt when u horse ur engine

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheBacon posted:

A man of taste.

For the EV side though. Do you really need more EV than the base? I get it for gas engines but EVs idk, I am admittedly an EV hater so grain of salt and all that.

Do you really hate EVs or are they just not suited to your particular automotive tastes? Because there’s a difference and the former seems to be largely the domain of the Trump loving coal roller types.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Toe Rag posted:

EVs are a whitewash OP. You have to drive 50k-100k km, depending on your country’s power generation, before you break even with an ICE car.

The average person drives 14,263 miles per year so you're saying the EV will "break even" on average in somewhere between 2.2 and 4.4 years? That's great! Volvo's aren't particularly efficient so other ones are probably even better! And if you have some solar panels on your home think how quickly the break even point will come! Plus as the power grid becomes more green your car will just get better and better unlike ICE!!

quote:

then I’d have to replace the battery, resetting the break even calculus.

False.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheBacon posted:

Man there is a lot to say that I’ll save the thread since apparently people call facts “all of that is false” here.

You’re right is wasn’t all false it was 1/3 false, 1/3 a dumb argument based off his personal usage stats which are like 1/2 of the average, and 1/3 straw man.

It was a bad post and I haven’t read the rest of yours but I suspect it is also a bad post.