Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
2009 911 s with 100k, I know old aircooled porsches can run forever, surely the completely different new designs will too, right?

For real though, how terrible an idea is a 2009 911S with 100k on the clock? 09s dont have ims, dont have bore scoring, right? Is it a pipe dream to imagine wear and tear items will get me to 200k? Asking price is $35k, so the thought of the revised 997.2 for 997.1 money is making me think stupid thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Speaking of Caymen, I purchased an 08 S recently. It's a great car and I love it but I've noticed something I missed on the test drives and walk around.

One of the exhaust tips sits lower than the other. It's not a huge deal, but it does irk me a bit.

I got under the car and looked at it, but didnt see an obvious adjustment point. The exhaust as a whole was hung from a bar which may have been slightly off center, I got under the car and adjusted it, but it didnt seem to make any difference.

Anyone have any advice on what to do with this?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I don't claim to be an expert, but I'm pretty sure the 996 and 997 would easily get to 300k if people were willing to do 20k+ engine rebuilds on them like they are the air cooled cars.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

I was looking at ~2013 Cayenne Turbos in the 30ks before corona virus even hit, it was super tempting but both my mechanic and my car journalist friend put me off on the idea. I ended up with a Lexus that weighs 5200lbs and only has 300HP, so I guess the complete opposite of a Cayenne Turbo.

You mean in that it's running?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
There are a couple threads on rennlist with pictures of golf bags in the back of a 911. Looks like you have to fold the seats down so if you're particularly tall or long legged it might be an issue, but it's definitely a doable thing.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/999869-golf-clubs-in-911-turbo.html