Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
Joined the club this weekend - 2011 Carrera S. My first sports car, the first time I've not owned a boring 4 door sedan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

Bajaha posted:

Ha, only $1k for the undercoating and 11.5%? That's FAR from the worst I've heard of.

And it's a VAG product, CEL is implied.

On that note, the 09 911 Carrera 4s cabrio we had for the wedding flipped out for a few mins and gave warnings for indicator bulbs out and I don't remember what else. Few minutes later it was all fine and dandy. I'm assuming this was just the usual VAG gremlins, or was there actually something wrong with it?

Also aparantly it had a thirst for oil as they were filling it up before we took it out. :v:

I still want one so bad.

I've heard from 997.1 owners that those went through a lot of oil, I didn't think the 997.2s were so thirsty. My 2011's oil level has remained steady for 9 months now.

Definitely some gremlins. I got the occasional 'Transmission Emergency Run' after I first bought it, which I eventually chalked up to a battery that was undercharged. After actually driving the car with regularity, I didn't see that pop up again until last week after a bout of cold weather -- keeping with my battery theory. Swapped the battery this week (which was its own adventure). These cars are very finicky about voltage levels, it seems.

Oh, and the CEL came on, throwing a P0456 EVAP leak which unfortunately does not seem to merely be the gas cap. Still love the car, though.