Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mar 25, 2004

1985 930 Turbo Euro Spec with 36k miles. I've posted it before but, you know, Porsche thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 25, 2004

I am always surprised to see the love for the Turbo. Thanks guys! I will get some more pictures and some details about it soon. The whole story of how it was acquired is pretty fun, and its an absolute blast of a car. I need to start driving it more as it gets unhappy when it sits, and the weather in AZ is perfect if it would just stop raining.

Nice cars, everyone. I love the 356s.

Mar 25, 2004

krnhotwings posted:

If you haven't already, please do tell. :allears:

I was only a couple years old at the time in 1985 and I had always lived with my dad and traveled everywhere with him. He had been a Porsche guy since his first 356C in the 60s and was never without one since that car. He decided to upgrade and I'm not exactly sure how he did it, but we flew to Houston and got picked up at the airport by a dude who seemed to know my dad. He took us to a warehouse and inside there were a few Porsches, including a hot pink Gemballa that was ugly as hell. Back in the back he pulled off a car cover to reveal the black 930 Turbo, just arrived from Germany the day before. My dad paid the man in cash and we took off and drove back to Phoenix and during that drive was the only time it has rained on that car in its entire ownership. My dad took care of that thing meticulously and I learned to drive in it, and eventually we did a few things like upgrade the headers and the exhaust, turbo and fuel system, and the intercooler. I bought it from him years back when he was talking about upgrading but he still hasn't because the new cars just aren't the same.

So I guess not an amazing story but I always thought it was fun.