Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sh4 posted:

Thanks for all the useful information, I don't know either why he would change for an RX-8 but he is an asian guy in his sixties so take that as you will, regarding the buying price he made it semi-clear to me that he planned to give it to me (or give me a loan on it) as a wedding gift but I was trying to tell him that there's no way in hell I'd keep it in good condition because of the cost of ownership. You're talking about 25k engine change, that's what I make in a year. It's a fine car tho and probably the last porsche I like but yeah I think I'll pass.

Well hell if he's going to give it to you, and you have a place to put it, you can always have a different DD and keep it for awhile, have some fun with it, and then sell it when the prices go up on them. I sure as hell wouldn't refuse a loving 996 GT2 if someone was trying to give it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fknlo posted:

I look at the stupidest things sometimes.

Look, a GT3!. and another!

Just because it's a dumb financial move doesn't make it a bad one, right? Not like they're gonna get any lower than that :v:

e: wonder what is wrong with that second one. That's stupid cheap compared to what other cars are being listed at.

The white one DO EEEEET!

Under no circumstances is a GT3 a dumb financial move, rationalize it any way you can :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Aren't there any aftermarket deep dish Fuch copies? Besides, wouldn't it be possible (albeit probably expensive) to put a deeper dish on original Fuchs?