Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Sniep posted:

ahhh every time i see thse words combined i am required by contract to post this so

when did pizza become pie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Internet Historian will be a thing in the future, internet archaeologist? data historian?

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

meme memer

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

recycling is important

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

wasn't there a thing about her paying for her own education and intentionally avoiding using any kind of contacts through her family

pretty sure it's impossible to pay for school anymore by working yourself at college costing $20k-$40k a year, so she's either full of poo poo or her family helped her get into a position that helped her make more money than a normal person in that situation would, either way, gently caress them, eat the rich

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

DNova posted:

room and board is something you pay for whether you are getting an education or not. you can move to near a state school if you aren't near one.

UF's 2015 in-state tuition is $6,310. More than $4k, yes, but come on. That's less than $30k total for tuition. Add another couple grand for books if you want new ones.

it's just not anywhere near as hard as people keep claiming. if you don't want to move or you want to go to a prestigious private school that didn't offer you a full ride, you're just putting creating these problems for yourself

edit: Thanks for mentioning SUNY :)

yeah, just move! oh? you live 4 hours away with no income and have to live on campus to be able to go to college? just move! why haven't you done that yet! haven't you heard? moving is the easiest thing in the world to do! like wow!

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

univbee posted:

i never even noticed the "investment income" part before, how loving dense was whoever wrote this holy poo poo

republicans

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Golden-i posted:

supposedly they're going to try to do the next landing in June on land, there's just to many variables with landing on a barge.

not sure why they didn't do land in the first place, maybe getting the large hazard area required on land is a lot more difficult? or because downrange from launch is all ocean so it's easier to target?

there was something about them not being allowed to land on land because of concern over the rocket over populated areas. i do wonder how much the actual rocket costs, they state mission cost for the falcon 9 is $61m or so and only $200k of that is fuel. if the rocket is really over a few million dollars it could be considerable cost savings, i'm hoping they also release the technology patents like they did with the tesla patents to help boost the competition and help lower the cost of putting payloads into orbit

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

holy poo poo I'm listening to my police scanner and they're SO eager to drop a spike strip on this guy

anyone in edmonton stay away from the whitemud because they're going to spike strip a guy and sic dogs at him

go get it on camera

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if you're in a place where police radio is encrypted, do you think you could pay someone in bitcoins to steal a radio out of a cop car? I mean people use bitcoin for drugs and poo poo but I bet you could pay someone in bitcoin to steal the entire computer system from a cop car

I mean what do they even use for police car radios and pcs? XP or something?

yes, they run xp, they're usually panasonic toughbooks, i know this because i've had to fix the fuckers because the cop managed to get a rootkit on it because he was browsing the internet with it

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

the last time i played, it was 2008 and i was in high school and i flew a battleship and ran missions by myself. i left highsec once or twice and got blown up.

looking back on it, that must almost be the least fun way to play eve

never leave secure areas without a gang of people, true for life as well

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

eat the rich imo

ftfy

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

john mcafee does meth, stabs neighbor, evades police

a yospos hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

madeupfred posted:

SI units are, in the most literal sense, Social Darwinist concepts, and if you spend even a second of your life defending them you are ipso facto defending Nazism and fascism.

lol this one is funny

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

All of this is hilarious and it makes me hopeful that the US can actually be saved.

stay skeptical until you see the US downsizing it's carrier fleet, then maybe things are finally getting better

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

syscall girl posted:

cooter rubbing

scissoring

pissflaps a-go-go

clam wrestling

female to female adapter

same

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

do they still though

i mean they used to but didn't their popularity fall off and a bunch of them were bad at business stuff

they were at 1m subscribers in 2011, now they're at 7.3m in 2015, they've had mostly consistent growth

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

7.3 million subscribers wont mean they're still making a million in youtube ads tho

i don't think i said it did

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

my original post was in reference to "yogscast make a million+ dollars a year making minecraft videos"

k, good for you, i was just posting data

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

PipeRifle posted:

the guy who was on Art Bell has some hilarious cherry-picking of science and says "What goes up must come down" is an immutable law of nature, but gravity is a harebrained theory cooked up by those NASA cuckoos. Buoyancy, density, even magnetism are fine but not gravity, gravity is part of the hoax.

Other people on the FE websites believe in gravity but it works different, and they believe in space and other planets but eclipses are caused by a Shadow Object that is 8 miles in diameter (because the sun is only 32 miles in diameter) with a mysterious transient orbit around the sun and I'm out. I'm done. I can't look at it anymore I'm dying

these people get to vote and have the same amount of voting power as you do, let that sink in for a moment and then go drink till you can't feel anymore

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

PipeRifle posted:

Oh sorry but in ACTUAL flat earth science, the sun stays directly overhead but rotates on its own disc-like plane, casting a sort of "spotlight" onto the flat earth as it cycles around, and only appears to "rise and set" because of the vanishing point effect that it "moves" "towards" the horizon as it gets further away

this is loving stupid

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

millennials to me is anyone who grew up with the internet, seems like a good enough separation point

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

the crotch rot walk

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

i should be studying calculus, but post post post

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol sucker

I just got home from vacation I flew across country alone for the first time ever

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

at least the digital logic and microarchitecture class is fun, but we haven't started fpga programming yet so i may hate it when we get there

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Sniep posted:

wow is all of yospos like math nerds?

cuz i cant even read htat

well that's your loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

• Locked thread