Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

cool cause the feeling is now mutual, get out

i was like 2000 posts behind on the old thread so thanks smythe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

new season of check it out! with dr. steve brule lookin' good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

look out here come my utterly inept yet pretentious scrub-tier smartphone pics lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Linux Pirate posted:

you sure owned that guy using that phone
if only :(

bad photography continues unabated

much like my posting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

graph posted:

poor birb :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsu_lep1mE

watch alllll the way to the end

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

lol nice edit fucker
there's yospos nice then there's being too yospos nice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

i remember one where you were a yeti that hit penguins with a club
loved that one. also the game where you have a penguin that has to orbit planets etc sort of like a precursor to osmos

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

when it's done in maine it's called a blue shift

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

200% chance a blade runner joke was made as this photo was taken

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

:thesperg:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

some people need help to get where you have already been

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

vodkat posted:

someone subtitle this with a fffriday night mutherfuckas

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm the weeeEEEEEEED as he hits the flagpole
oh yeah well i'm the "weed-weed-weed.... weed." at 0:07-0:09

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

DrPossum posted:

my posting robot analog

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

saturday night you motherfucks

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

pram posted:

lmao 219. epic

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVCaUonrbE
at 13:37, fittingly enough

also perfect video title

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

wednesday afternoon motherfuckers

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

yosposting station spotted

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Pike posted:

I just want to say that you did a very nice font-matching job. :ssj:
also
didn't think it was possible to improve on the original scene but nice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

lol what a joke of a sport.
all "sports" outside of track & field/original greek olympics and immediate derivatives (archery) are jokes and their participants are not athletes in any meaningful sense

which is not to say i care about track & field/original greek olympics but still

sports shaggaring at shaggar mmm boy thursday morning motherfuckers

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

i have a theory that hockey is the same as soccer, just in a smaller area and with more equipment. the rules have a lot of similarities
hockey and soccer are both like whose line is it anyway, where everything is made up and the points don't matter

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

and there's only one black guy :haw:

(okay, that's really hockey-only)
woodhouse burning down the 'pos this morning

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i will probably never not like the "you look for your car but you're all turned around" at about 0:27

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Chorrax posted:

All sports are pretty great. I like to know they are on TV to remind me of the meaninglessness of It All.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hahah, yeah, new york city, right guys

sweats, eyes dart nervously around, hoping there are no follow up questions

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Linguica posted:

Can't say I ever read a Pratchett, I am no true yosposter
i'm saving pratchett for prison

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

its always good to plan ahead

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

this is the future we were promised
https://twitter.com/moochava/status/354986725388468224

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ol qwerty bastard posted:

it's always funny when people assume they can go up to animals and just pet them. and then they ignore blatant body language like who the gently caress doesn't know that having its ears laid back is a sign of anger in pretty much every loving species

"domesticated" doesn't imply "friendly"
a horse with its ears pinned back being a humongous red flag is like day 1 farm wisdom

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fair enough though i'd also wager that if there was any sort of person to talk to on the premises that said day 1 farm wisdom would be the first thing they say

even in pre-hyper-litigious days but especially since

same as the salt mine foreman, if present, wouldn't let you in without telling you a thing or two

horses are very bitey and kicky and have been for thousands of years

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

nah, that dude just thinks nothing he does is ever wrong so theres no way the horse would hurt him.
quotin' shaggar truth to power

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

somebody post that hilarious series of quotes about horses from the fyad guy. wulgus, maybe?

(the new forum search is good, but i guess it doesn't go back to the last time i asked for this stuff :shobon:)

wesley snypes posted:

I had a friend in high school who kept horses. One of them took fright at its own shadow and broke two legs trying to get away. horses are easily frightened and frighteningly stupid

pyf has its occasional uses

Ruddha posted:
I don't know about anyone else, but I know for a fact that horses are stupider than poo poo and WILL kill themselves if you don't take an absurd amount of precautions and adorn them in the right silly accessories so that they don't scare themselves and fall over dead, and even then at best you can reduce the chances that they will do that, but they're still absolutely going to. Women who are obsessed with horses are just as bad as ones who are obsessed with anything else, but it may be dumber because it's a placeholder for animalistic male sexuality; however, in reality, it doesn't hold up because dominant male sexual energy is incompatible with horse personality and tendencies because, again, they're absolutely going to kill themselves by accident, whereas studs and straight power tops are highly unlikely to catch their reflection in a mirror then break their leg and get eaten by a mountain lioness

Ruddha posted:
Of course, if you don't nail little metal rings onto them, they'll split open, and then they'll die.

Ruddha posted:
I personally guarantee you a dog will never in this life hear a bee then have a heart attack out of fear, dying

Ruddha posted:
Babies grow up and that's okay, it's like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died

Ruddha posted:
That's understandable, but in the scheme of things it's a fairly low chance. With horses, there is no such thing as a natural death at any point in existence: they've strictly only died from stupid poo poo. Saw water and passed away

Aleph Null posted:
My dad had a horse fall in a hole and almost die. They had to use a truck wench to get her out. She was too weak to walk so they tied ropes between two trees to hold her up. It took days of them hand feeding her before she could stand or walk on her own.

Less than a month later, she fell in the same hole and died.

Baronjutter posted:
As someone who grew up with a couple friends into horses and loving dressage I can say that if anything you are being way too easy going on them. Its like their survival strategy is to break their legs or kill them selves at the slightest sign of danger, or a noise, or a change in humidity.

My friends barn had to install a big fence because they were next to a turkey farm and despite the horses seeing these birds every single loving day, any time you'd ride past them most of the horses would briefly flip out and hurt them selves or throw their rider when the turkeys came into view. You could literally ride in a loop for an hour and every single time the horse would "scare" at the turkeys.

Maybe wilder horses are smarter but dressage horses are more fragile and stupid than a baby that just learned to crawl. They will jump onto fences and cut them selves in half, they will get stuck between buildings, they will randomly for no reason at all break their legs. If there is a way to kill or hurt them selves they will find it. And people drop 50k or more on these idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

yes this is true

sometimes mental in interesting ways, sometimes trainsperg level monofocus on horses.

and rats are about as smart and social as dogs. they get tame and housebroken.

here's a siamese rat :3:

i seem to recall that rats are just smart enough to recognize and respond to a name you give them but not much smarter than that. still v. cool for their size

that and you have to give them things to chew on or else their teeth grow way too long

rats are neat

• Locked thread