Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

four more years of smythe rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

im gonna need a scale here

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

god drat

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Silver Alicorn posted:

This SEM (scanning electron microscope) image shows the nanoinjector next to a latex bead the same size as an egg cell. You can see the size of the nanoinjector and its lance compared to a cell.
CREDIT Brian Jensen/BYU

terminator 6 looking uncomfortable

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Jonad posted:

"Tried to alpha on the pack leader" is my favorite probation reason on my rap sheet

same

same

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

if it helps, that's how they make baseballs

with scales?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bobbilljim posted:

seek help mr fred

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

big scary monsters posted:

looks like there's finally a deodorant that can stand up to the harsh demands of arcade gaming and WON'T leave unsightly white stains

white stains are from antipersperants so

duTrieux. posted:

lol, white people and their body odor

lol seriously

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Smythe posted:

I l;ost my Crustal Thierry rar and I just spent a while looking for it while tyring not to jack off and I cant find it. and now i cant ajck off. gently caress. i thin k its on my old TERA that died and now its not online. FMNL. JUST, FML

i know girls IN YOUR AREA that look just like her like
go walk around man
i believe in you
you can find your dream and you can have it
you can be satisfied

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsiVhIbHKw

the voice will either make it or kill it for you

holy poo poo thats the dream right there

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bump_fn posted:

mods pls ban everyone who posted a sexy~gamer~girl without also posting pix of a 9+ inch uncut cock draped over a dreamcast controller

do you rly want homegroan in this thread

is that what you want

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bump_fn posted:

lol as if a yosposter would be anything other than a never groomed microdick hidden under a jewfro of pubes

does it hurt
to get probed while making this post

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

your quick, thank you

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

this is a mine map, right?
owns

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

OldAlias posted:

R & Sie(n) ’ s I ’ ve Heard About . . . (a Flat, Fat, Growing Urban Experiment)
(2005 – 2006) is an urban system composed of data structures. 185 This project shows that algorithmic architecture is not merely the static embodiment
of an instrumental rationality, but instead implies the reality of infinite
contingencies as the urban system grows, extends, and transforms beyond
the data that were programmed into its initial state. The urban structure
grows according to the coral transformation of algorithms by recycled,
synthesized, and polymerized data materials. [...]

https://mega.co.nz/#!AR5AHIbJ!SlH4ywbFjUsi8Xx56jb6MnsmqUhmdwAHeNttrELZJBA

“In Contagious Architecture, Luciana Parisi offers a philosophical inquiry into the status of the #algorithm in architectural and interaction design. Her thesis is that algorithmic computation is not simply an abstract mathematical tool but constitutes a mode of thought in its own right, in that its operation extends into forms of abstraction that lie beyond direct human cognition and control. These include modes of infinity, contingency, and indeterminacy, as well as incomputable quantities underlying the iterative process of algorithmic processing.

The main philosophical source for the project is Alfred North Whitehead, whose process philosophy is specifically designed to provide a vocabulary for “modes of thought” exhibiting various degrees of autonomy from human agency even as they are mobilized by it. Because algorithmic processing lies at the heart of the design practices now reshaping our world—from the physical spaces of our built environment to the networked spaces of digital culture—the nature of algorithmic thought is a topic of pressing importance that reraises questions of control and, ultimately, power. Contagious Architecture revisits cybernetic theories of control and information theory’s notion of the incomputable in light of this rethinking of the role of algorithmic thought. Informed by recent debates in political and cultural theory around the changing landscape of power, it links the nature of abstraction to a new theory of power adequate to the complexities of the digital world.”

that reads like a whole lotta nothing could you sum it up for me

e: nvm i downloaded it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Cat Face Joe posted:

i legitimately cannot understand how the awesome face has continued to thrive and is not looked upon with derision by the entire population

if you get enough people doing a thing its acceptable

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's actually getting really common for people to use the past tense in place of the past participle, i.e. "have went" instead of "have gone" and it's weird but language changes

it is the worst, sort of like people saying that something needs washed

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Silver Alicorn posted:

p. sure someone had the last panel as an avatar for a while

they may still, havent seen them in quite a while though

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

lol nice edit fucker

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

graph posted:

nanaca crash

also i dont remember what i had for dinner last saturday

1124.67m :(

i think they were actually thinking of is pengu throw
beaten badly, but 298.3

i forgot about these completely

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

someone's mom is way smarter than someone else's mom
not gonna fly with a belly full of loser anyway

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Siljmonster posted:

it would be better if it was an owl

roy batty

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

some people need help to get where you have already been

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

well people will continue having food at least

hopefully the sun explodes

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

its 2015, leave your bitterness behind, love yourself, chill

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hell yeah work sucks

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Tangra posted:

attn: our resident fish jizz expert:

http://imgur.com/gallery/vTIMO

wasnt that fifth one a hoax or something?
i dont like it either way

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

god i hate it so much

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

madeupfred posted:

i use dvorak personally

dont want to get smug over keyboard choices or anything but its forreal hurting my hands to type like this

pathetic

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Glorgnole posted:

the next-generation nest protect watches your daily routine and learns to despise you

finally a piece of technology i can agree with

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kenny Logins posted:

i'm saving pratchett for prison

its always good to plan ahead

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

where is this from

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

thanks bruv

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kenny Logins posted:

pyf has its occasional uses

Ruddha posted:
I don't know about anyone else, but I know for a fact that horses are stupider than poo poo and WILL kill themselves if you don't take an absurd amount of precautions and adorn them in the right silly accessories so that they don't scare themselves and fall over dead, and even then at best you can reduce the chances that they will do that, but they're still absolutely going to. Women who are obsessed with horses are just as bad as ones who are obsessed with anything else, but it may be dumber because it's a placeholder for animalistic male sexuality; however, in reality, it doesn't hold up because dominant male sexual energy is incompatible with horse personality and tendencies because, again, they're absolutely going to kill themselves by accident, whereas studs and straight power tops are highly unlikely to catch their reflection in a mirror then break their leg and get eaten by a mountain lioness

Ruddha posted:
Of course, if you don't nail little metal rings onto them, they'll split open, and then they'll die.

Ruddha posted:
I personally guarantee you a dog will never in this life hear a bee then have a heart attack out of fear, dying

Ruddha posted:
Babies grow up and that's okay, it's like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died

Ruddha posted:
That's understandable, but in the scheme of things it's a fairly low chance. With horses, there is no such thing as a natural death at any point in existence: they've strictly only died from stupid poo poo. Saw water and passed away

Aleph Null posted:
My dad had a horse fall in a hole and almost die. They had to use a truck wench to get her out. She was too weak to walk so they tied ropes between two trees to hold her up. It took days of them hand feeding her before she could stand or walk on her own.

Less than a month later, she fell in the same hole and died.

Baronjutter posted:
As someone who grew up with a couple friends into horses and loving dressage I can say that if anything you are being way too easy going on them. Its like their survival strategy is to break their legs or kill them selves at the slightest sign of danger, or a noise, or a change in humidity.

My friends barn had to install a big fence because they were next to a turkey farm and despite the horses seeing these birds every single loving day, any time you'd ride past them most of the horses would briefly flip out and hurt them selves or throw their rider when the turkeys came into view. You could literally ride in a loop for an hour and every single time the horse would "scare" at the turkeys.

Maybe wilder horses are smarter but dressage horses are more fragile and stupid than a baby that just learned to crawl. They will jump onto fences and cut them selves in half, they will get stuck between buildings, they will randomly for no reason at all break their legs. If there is a way to kill or hurt them selves they will find it. And people drop 50k or more on these idiots.

this is both amazing and 100% true

wesley snypes posted:

it's the same with deer, their main strategy is as follows: if there is a noise, do a 180 and run as fast as you can until you can't run any more

i remember when everyone was like 'oh deer are cute!' then i moved to the mountains and found that image is entirely false they are actually tall rats but less domesticated (than wild rats)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

prefect posted:

rats are pretty smart

in comparison to hampsters

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

jetz0r posted:

from cycling i learned that deer are like giant squirrels, they both flip the gently caress out at anything and then run in random directions, including running back into you

had two young bucks running along side me while i was riding one night and i fully expected them to dart into me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Beast of Bourbon posted:

why don't they dynamite out the caves and make it bigger/better/faster, put in like ladders and walkways and poo poo

• Locked thread