Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

9's the only one i didn't finish because the math is boring, the story is bad even for final fantasy, everything is really slow, it's the definition of trying to sell strategy guides that come from that era, the biggest minigame is terrible and doesn't interact with actual gameplay in the form of rewards, and the characters have weird animal tails. it is considerably worse that 7, 8 and 10, and virtual boy color is quite wrong.

how can you call 9 bad for making you buy a strategy guide and then say 10 is better

also hot and cold treasure hunting gave you some of the best weapons in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

oh, well yeah tetra master is awful

on one playthrough i actually tried to learn it and found something great on gamefaqs (context: 1700 is the highest score you can get in the card game for collecting all the cards):

quote:

"So what happens at 1700, you ask? Well, under your collector
pts. where Master was written it now says, superimposed over
everything, 'Would you like to discard?'. So, after a hundred
hours of playing this game I am rewarded with a F***ING
GLITCH!!!"
-- ik141

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

ranking the numeric final fantasys is only a secondary concern as the series best is obviously tactics

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

that guy is in tactics advance 2

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

which dragon quests are good. i never really played them beyond the first

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

How Rude posted:

why in the ever loving gently caress is he wearing high heels for boots. this is the worst thing i have seen, even for video games and anime. who designed this?

metacritic says Ryoma Ito, who was also the char designer in heroes of mana

lol

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i would rather they stuck with the political and religious struggle for power because that was the most interesting part of the plot

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

so are there any situations where ninjutsu will work where ti chi fails

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

poster? i hardly knew 'er!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my walls are covered in old art I made because I'm a cheapskate

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

so which of you is the homura and which is the madoka

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the crafting in 14 is the most fun i've had crafting in a video game

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

People complained that his jokes were too racey which is what he doesn't do poo poo like "They're all gonna Laugh at you" anymore. It was either do very mindnumbing safe comedies or be fired.

Adam Sandler was someone who's entire career was based on kicking political correctness to the curb. Once he couldn't do that anymore he lost his inner fire.

on the other hand, 8 crazy nights

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

hmm let me put all my units tediously next to eachother every mission to try and get support points, yes

this is a completely optional sperg option tho. the games are perfectly beatable without doing this even once

• Locked thread