Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
brad "the brad" wardell motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Original context of that photo is that one of the spaces our man Brad is taking up is a handicap space iirc

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Taint Reaper posted:

Honestly if you're going to park in a handicapped space, go the whole deal and take up multiple handicapped spaces, like 3 or more. It's still the same amount when you get a Ticket, it doesn't matter if you block 1 handicapped space or 5.

For real? I've been seriously limiting myself.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also I still retain the opinion that The Lost Levels for Super Mario bros. were "lost" for a good reason.

way too much bullshit trick jumps, and if you get a star at certain points in the game it will wind up killing you because some of the jumps require you to bounce on the head of an enemy to gain enough momentum to make it to the next platform. The Star negates this and you just wind up falling to your death.

Also the ending is the exact same as Super Mario bros. 1. Like the People who made this clearly messed up on what made people enjoy the original.

And it turns out that the team who made Doki Doki panic made the engine originally for a mario game before it switched to DDP, which then later switched to Super mario Bros. 2. So SMB2 was the true mario sequel all along.

Imo if you really sincerely love Mario 1, Lost Levels is the perfect extension of it. I agree with you and Zombies' Downfall to the extent that this is a somewhat misguided direction for a sequel(though not a unique one in those days, like how Wizardry 2 required you to have played the first game or you would have a lovely low level party that can't actually complete the dungeon) but it makes for a fantastic expansion pack and treat for those who purchased All-Stars

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
original Metroid is boss, I like how there's no map

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

codenameFANGIO posted:

Draw the map yourself you wiener.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
what was the first RPG with an automap? was it a might and magic game?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
You can just say 6

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zombies' Downfall posted:

basically, apparently DDO and that lovely lord of the rings mmo turned into money printing machines when they went f2p and immediately quadrupled their monthly returns

convincing your true believers to give you a thousand dollars a month is the new monthly fee

LOTRO had a better implementation of the "pick poo poo up off the ground" quest archetype than WoW

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Luigi is a stupid piece of poo poo

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Davincie posted:

have the japanese ever made an rts. pikmin and kuf where you play a guy don't count

herzog zwei, if that doesn't count go to hell.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Mark Cerny called Crash Bandicoot character action.

Lurdiak posted:

Character Action is "I like this 3D beatemup more than the other ones, so it's character action"

If it wasn't that, God of War would count.

It does.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Nasgate posted:

:agreed:

Borderlands and diablo-likes would be actually enjoyable if the legendary, cool looking weapons and armor with useful or neat effects were every drop. Instead of having to manage your inventory of a million useless pointy sticks.

Cheat engine and Borderlands 2 can make this happen

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

I'd like a game where you can merge crappy weapons to randomly generate a less crappy one, and then merge those into better stuff and so 100 poo poo-covered sticks could be combined into something radical with a really rare drop rate.

Instead you can sell the crappy weapons to fund repairs for your one actually good one. :/

Dota 2

Also Diablo with transmutation I believe

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Golden Goat posted:

Makes it all the better when players super high expectations aren't met and they have a meltdown

I'm gonna be pretty sad if it isn't a great game, but fortunately it will be.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
BLOODBORNE OWNS
     /
:unsmigghh:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Devil Wears Wings posted:

ah yes, the finer things in life, like my precious grimdark melee combat dying simulator

for you see [dons fedora] only the purest of purestrain gamers can appreciate such fine ambrosia

nice, a fedora burn

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
it's a trilby you philistine

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bicyclops posted:

what do you guys think the seinfeld of video games is?

Hmm, what is a game about nothing

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Is there anything about that game thats been shown/seen other than that one cgi trailer everyone went crazy for?

not much if so, since they said out the gate they were announcing it very early on and wanted to finish The Witcher 3 before it goes into full production

we know it's a game based on the game Cyberpunk and it's being made by CD Projekt Red and that's enough to conclude that it's going to be fully and completely The poo poo

I'm hell of hyped for The Witcher 3 btw, I re-read The Last Wish and I'm probably going to buy Sword of Destiny. Probably the only game that I'm really sure I'm going to play coming up other than Bloodborne

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 12, 2015

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
weirdly I ended up thinking about that some more and I think I would actually say Persona 3/4, especially 4, because unlike most games they actually tackle the concept of banality. Seinfeld is banality divided by wackiness

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's only like Pirates! thematically, the gameplay is totally dissimilar

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm guessing your trolling but whatever, I was only pointing out sales have always been kinda sleazy and preyed on peoples stupidity

well it's true that sales cause people to buy things that they may not really want and would not have bought otherwise, but I feel that a condemnation of sales might as well extend to a condemnation of advertising, which is not a worthwhile position imo.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Adam Bowen posted:

Famously overrated strategy RPG Final Fantasy Tactics takes loving forever to finish a single turn but nobody seems to care about that

if it came out now people would complain just like they did for the handheld games.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Adam Sandler has an extra chromosome, which unfortunately consists only of the gay gene

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I seem to recall that Tiny Tower is not, in fact, a game

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

They're not if you actually want to have a story and/or you don't have them emote to make up for their lack of talking. Half-Life 2 is awkward as hell for example because everybody talks to Gordon and he doesn't say anything.

People say "well you're supposed to fill in what you would say, as Gordon, in your head" but they totally mention the fact that he doesn't talk in the dialogue.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

VideoGames posted:

this probably belongs in the confessionals but i found it very boring and couldnt stand the combat. i tried so hard to play it and get into it, but Im just not the target audience

it's a somewhat boring and dry implementation of its genre. if i'm being favorable toward it I would describe DAO as "workmanlike"

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

I get the Diddy = Diddy thing but this still strikes me as hosed up.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Gta 4 is such a boring piece of poo poo.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Only way to make that game fun was having our group of 6+ friends jousting with helicopters in free roam, the campaign is hot garbage

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I really liked the stuff building up to + the end of Planescape Torment, that's my favorite final boss in an rpg

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Planescape Torment owns big time, one of my favorite games ever 4 sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, that part blew. Torment had pretty bad combat encounters in general. If it ever gets an Enhanced Edition it would actually benefit from a no combat difficulty setting.

on my second run I just used the tome o' cheats or w/e that one of the mods installs

you can also crank your attributes so you can see all the dialogue options!

• Locked thread