Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thank you for using my accurate thread title, Widestancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Widestancer? I 'ardly know 'er!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry, let me enunciate:

Widestancer? I hardly know her!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

all i know about wardell is he said some creepy things about a female employee and the thread title for one of his games had something to do with beekeeping
He said that bee allergies weren't real so he brought a bunch of bees to work to prove to an employee who was allergic that he wasn't allergic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I was drinking some water when I read that post and I nearly choked, jesus christ
I usually don't give a poo poo about developer drama but there's nothing about that story I don't love.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A dude with bee powers was one of the Vigilante 8 in the game Vigilante 8.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Brad's not on board.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPc9Z2Dn94U

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wardell, to last remaining employee after bee incident: "So uh... what's your bra size?"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Brad Wardell likes his women like he likes his coffee

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Filing civil suits for sexual harrassment.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

i was imagining him opening a box and just a torrent of bees escaping it, but that is good, too
Millions of bees form a giant head and in one voice screech "gamergate"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've watched someone die from a bee sting. it got him from behind his knee and he died within under a minute.

He only said "I've been stung!" and then just ceased.

the poison hit one of his major veins and/or arteries and worked that quickly.

I would not gently caress around with bees like that even if I don't believe that people were properly tested for allergies. Because real bee allergies will kill people before medical help can arrive.
Sounds like you won't be getting a job at Stardock.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper is so superstitious his beliefs caused someone to die of a homeopathic bee sting, despite allergies being a myth.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just beat Metroid Prime again. I've decided I don't like the Meta-Ridley right. The last part is incredibly tedious. Metroid Prime'a a fun fight though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario Galaxy remains Extremely Good. I'm looking forward to Mario Galaxy 2.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is gaming dead? I say yes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Gaming better than it's ever been and the only people who disagree are idiots in their 30s or older
Counterpoint: The Xbox One is the new Colecovision, which was the console that caused the great video game crash by having the wrong kind of RAM and making every game you put in it just play E.T.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Tomorrow is my birthday so I need to figure out what to buy myself as a gift. I'm stuck between Dragon Ball: Xenoverse or forking out extra and getting a N3DS. I haven't owned a DS since 2009 so I've missed lots of games on it.

I'm buying Bloodbourne regardless.
N3DS. There's a ton of good 3DS and DS games out there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Hey man that was the Atari, the Colecovision did nothing wrong.
Uh, I think you're misremembering. It was Thomas Atari himself who buried E.T. in the desert to try and end the curse, but it was too late, the virus had already spread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The last good video game was Pilotwings 64.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The first good video game was also Pilotwings 64.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm in journalism and can confirm that we are actively working to destroy gaming culture.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

commenting on a redtube video is not journalism
There are literally people who let me make news, and broadcast it, to thousands of people.

hosed up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They called the third Dark Souls the Blood B Orne

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Demon's Souls
Demons' Souls
Demons' Souls' 2 Souls

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Souls Up 2 The Streets

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

The proper name is actually Darku Souru
Doki Doki Souls

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"souls" "smooth jazz"

This is why nobody likes you, Taint Reaper.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just want to point out how great Ted Woolsey was as a translator given how insane his job was. Good work, Ted, and may flights of angels sing you to your Rest: Perform Rest Attack.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ambivalent posted:

He did all of Chrono Trigger in like 36 hours or something ridiculous.

Also, last I checked he was like the department chair in charge of X-Box Live Arcade stuff at Microsoft, but that was awhile ago.
Seriously it's ridiculous what he was able to pull off. That battle messages are even occasionally coherent is impressive given that all he had was a text dump.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Uh, Lunar: Dragon Song, dumbass.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

my new literal retranslation will finally prove ted woolsey was a baka gaijin*

*translator's note: idiot
That's a good keikaku.

*keikaku means plan

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I never got far enough into 7 to experience that, but I did encounter the much more affecting death of Alys Brangwin.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

you can do so many things in FFIX.

it's been almost over a decade and square still hasn't made another rpg as good as ffix. no one has
FFIX is insanely good I just wish it had character-specific sidequests at the end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

it does but only for quina

and garnet
Wait, which one is Garnet's?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I mean like a full Chrono Trigger-style quest for each character, with its own boss. Would have helped the fourth disc.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kuja gets interesting toward the end but he's just some guy for most of the game. The story and characters are mostly really good though. I just want some endgame sidequests to give some closure to characters who get forgotten early on (Freya) and who have a lot of loose ends in their backstory (Freya) or who are Freya.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Like I wish we saw more of Kuja early on, especially since he kills the character you spend the first two discs fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

they hook up at the end even though he never gets his memory back.
I know. I just want more Disc 4 content.

Also the best party in the game is Zidane/Steiner/Freya/Amaranth. Or, if you want to really break the game and get rid of any conceivable challenge, Eiko/Steiner/Freya/Amaranth. White Draw is an absurd skill and it makes Freya crazy good.

• Locked thread