Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ekster posted:

Seriously, out of everything to flip your poo poo over in this world this is what you pick.

What mental illness causes that?

Still playing tf2 in TYOOL 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, that's kind of the problem, is eventually you get bored because none of the unlockable things re actually any good and it's extremely tedious to unlock them.

Rare drops are a thing I would like for them to largely phase out of video games, because most of the time it's the most boring gate to cool stuff.
:agreed:

Borderlands and diablo-likes would be actually enjoyable if the legendary, cool looking weapons and armor with useful or neat effects were every drop. Instead of having to manage your inventory of a million useless pointy sticks.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Contest Winner posted:

Sounds like you should stick with emulators grandpa.

*Plays a Dragonball Xenoverse mission 12 times in a row to get a Nappa move*

Xenoverse is good because even while you're grinding, you're usually accomplishing something else like raising mentor levels or new character levels or getting dragonballs. The gameplay is also fun even running the same mission over and over, unlike most other grindy games.

Grind is why i fell out of love with Warframe a week after falling in love with it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I haven't kept up with Bloodborne, is it basically going to be Dark Souls: In London? Because that sounds pretty dope.

But if i'm going to get a console, i'd have to get the best console of this generation, which is the Wii U.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
If you can't afford 20-30 dollar bourbon, you should track your finances better hth.

Also potato mashers are about as good a purchase as an Ubisoft game. Use a fork, or a hand mixer if you're lazy.

In other news, I'm surprised that only a third of steam games are never played. About 80% of steam games are garbage and should never be played.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The only okay Final Fantasies are ones where they take ideas from other games.

Final Fantasy tactics is just a lovely ogre battle. The original Final Fantasy was cashing in on the popularity of a game that looked almost identical. And so on.

As for that movie, it probably would have been good in the nineties, when Adam Sandler was funny

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You try sprinting forever, fatass, and then say that. Verisimilitude.

I am an admitted fatass and I can sprint longer than most video game characters.

Makes you wonder how obese the guy who makes the sprint meter is.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Thanks thread, now I am reminded that there is no recent battle network game.

I never really enjoyed the regular mega man games because I suck at 2d platformers.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Saints row two let me run over pedestrians in a modified silver and purple semi with armor plating and spikes sticking out of it's wheels. All while listening to Boy George and Tears for Fears.

Meanwhile, GTA4, a much newer game, wouldn't even let me drive because having cars control well or realistically would make too much sense in a game title Grand Theft Auto

Saints Row three, while it had a pretty meh story and obviously rushed player based decisions. Actually lets you drive where you want and steal what you want after completing the best set-pieces the game has.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I've had a couple teachers with chalkboard and they both did far more with that chalkboard than any teacher with a Smartboard.

Whoever mentioned mmbn school-> catastrophe. You reminded me that I was in typing class on 9/11. Goofing off on a computer, then sent home.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Speaking of dark souls 2. Is there another iteration of Dragon God? Bed of chaos was cool in concept but obviously rushed, so it never matched the satisfaction of dragon god.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

The non-boss enemies die pretty quickly though. I was afraid that ammo management would be an issue. it isn't and side stepping seems to be the way to blow through the cannon fodder minion packs.

Welcome to souls games

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
That's not a stage, that's a constant. For all video games.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My problem with pillars is that it's less a spiritual successor and more so a direct successor to infinity engine games. This is loving 2015, why are you publishing a game with a terrible UI and lovely graphics?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's a secret: I did make that game. hosed up and true.

My sincere goondolences sir/madam

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Pillars of Eternity is really good and I'm glad I backed it.

Go buy it now.

I had to watch some gameplay of it to convince me. All screenshots of it make it look like either A) another loving indie rpg or B)We never left the nineties, engine included.

Seeing it in action shows how good it looks though.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jon Do posted:

So that Valkyria poo poo was good until the (first?) Maximillian/Selvaria battle. I was loving enjoying this poo poo too. Is the rest of it bullshit as well?

Are you crying because the game threw a tough fight at you after giving simple ones? If I remember correctly, the first valkyria game gives you a bunch of small missions to teach you different poo poo. Use all your knowledge my son.
Also, make longshots with lancers because they're baller and it will make you jump in the air.

I love it when games with "tactical" in their game description do that, give you a bunch of easy missions to teach you things before making you use it all. V rare though. Western devs tend to infodump at the begining in poorly constructed tutorials and eastern devs tend to just drop you in with basic tutorials that don't cover the important bits.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jon Do posted:

Well, I wouldn't say it was so much losing the mission after quite a long fight -- I have played a video before. To be fair, I have calmed down. It was bad, though. I had to rush in on a gamble that taking out the final radiator would end the fight.

I dunno. I was loving it, and true, it wasn't very hard up to then. But then it felt less like it was difficult because I needed to outsmart it withinin the game logic. I couldn't hurt the bosses at all, while they had devastating attacks at their disposal with massive CP. Discourages me from picking it back up.

I kind of liked it because of that. The game didn't feel challenging till that point. And even when it's advised you to not engage enemies you could still kill them. A boss that's actually scary is good for games imo. Trust me when I say it's never that bad again though. You get more tools, levels, and plot power. There's a couple more gimmick fights I believe, but none that bad.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is that seriously from smtxfe I thought that was a joke

See I thought smtxfe was a joke. But then I remembered games has a history of bad crossovers. See sfxt

One game is always decent but they feel the need to combine it with a poo poo one like smt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Shin Megami Tensei sold more games than every wii-u game on the system combined you clown.

It rivals loving Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest in popularity.

Lol yes, the old popularity=good argument. Because WoW is a great game , as is Halo 3 and that dating Sim puzzle game.

Boring gameplay and bad writing sure is good guys! -sm/ff fans

Glad to hear a good FE game will come out too though.

• Locked thread