Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hello gaming chat thread, I'm a gamer and I need your help. Desperately. I cannot game on my laptop anymore since it's grown a nasty habit of overheating, and now just overheats if I have it on for more then, like 30 minutes. Upon startup it tells me that I need to replace the cooling fan, what's the best way to do this? I can't afford to be out my laptop for a weekend so sending it in is out of the question until school is over and I've cleaned out the inside fairly recently so I imagine that I probably need to just get a new fan. Where can I buy one? What are the risks associated with replacing it myself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

Have you tried blowing on the computer or maybe just asking it to calm down?

Many times, many times. It started loving up right in the middle of me playing telltale's the walking dead so I just had to play it in 15 minute increments.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
While I'm here, I was watching a stream of some Lisa RPG maker game that got funded through kickstarter and stopped since it looked kinda interesting and I might wanna play it myself. Is it worthwhile or does it stop being interesting past the first 30 minutes.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Maybe the writing is really good

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's a secret: I did make that game. hosed up and true.

Your game is a piece of poo poo.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Excels posted:

the first 2 paper marios were really good, and the 2 after that were real bad

Super Paper Mario gets a pass because of the writing music being as good as the first to, even if the gameplay sucks and it has some of the most baffling design ideas ever.

E: hey, good writing isn't something you see much these days.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

PantsBandit posted:

I've only played through the very beginning so far but I can already tell they must have written a TON of dialogue, what with all the unique options based on stats and background. Unless they just front loaded it which I'll admit a lot of rpgs do.

Almost every game I've ever played is guilty of front loading the good stuff, since that's what people see on launch day streams and in trailers. Even all-time classics like Chronno Trigger are guilty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So theyre patching project steam eh? As someone who's a massive FE and Advance Wars fan, should i get it?

• Locked thread