Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've watched someone die from a bee sting. it got him from behind his knee and he died within under a minute.

He only said "I've been stung!" and then just ceased.

the poison hit one of his major veins and/or arteries and worked that quickly.

I would not gently caress around with bees like that even if I don't believe that people were properly tested for allergies. Because real bee allergies will kill people before medical help can arrive.

you have a problem with bees rights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

no thankfully. There was some legal struggle with the name, the "real" harvest moon is now called Story of Seasons (or Song of Seasons, can't remember)

natsume, their old english publisher, has the trademark to the name Harvest Moon, and i guess out of spite or whatever has been releasing cheap shovelware with it ever since the original devs stopped using them

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

There's RPG ones? Like battling turnips or something?

sorta, yeah; hes talking about rune factory in which you can upgrade your hoe to give it increased damage and the boss fights are with giant rooster gryphons that drop eggs on defeat

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

holy poo poo i forgot about the great war of kangaroo that was fantastic

also:

dejap made a bunch of that translation up because they figured nobody would ever notice or bother to check

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

everything Kefka says is better in woolseys world

my new literal retranslation will finally prove ted woolsey was a baka gaijin*

*translator's note: idiot

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm glad of it

it was great because when the gba release happened, gamefaqs was pissed about censorship of all the sex and swearing that it turned out was never there to begin with

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hog Inspector posted:

ranking the numeric final fantasys is only a secondary concern as the series best is obviously tactics

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

How Rude posted:

why in the ever loving gently caress is he wearing high heels for boots. this is the worst thing i have seen, even for video games and anime. who designed this?

judging by the belts it was probably nomura

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

were any of the mana games any good after secret of mana? that's one of my favorite snes games but i think it's only because of the 2P functionality

Seiken Densetsu 3 got a fan translation ages ago, and has even better 2p functionality -- all the characters can be upgraded, and they remain useful so your friend won't get stuck as the guy watching you use the mana sword on the final boss a hundred times.

otherwise, no. they're mostly bad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hes also gone on record saying that snake's rear end is superior to raiden's rear end

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

Secret of Mana is one of the best games ever made, and then Seiken Densetsu 3 and Legend of Mana have a few obnoxious fans out there that scream their names from the rooftops so I guess they're good for some people? I didn't like them though

Literally nobody in the world, ever, likes a single Mana game besides those though. Even the super big numbered release, Dawn of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 4 on PS2, was junk. Remember how in like 2004 realistic physics engines started being a thing and every game started licensing Havok and had to shoehorn in a weight puzzle or something to show it off? Dawn of Mana was S-E's "WE JUST DISCOVERED HAVOK WOWZERS" game, only a few years too late. It was bad and nobody likes it.

And then there was a shovelware roguelike and a shovelware RTS and they're all bad bad bad and nobody likes Mana games from beyond the 90's. Kind of like everything else Square-Enix does.

sword of mana is ok i guess, since its a remake of an old good game instead of being a new poo poo game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

EA is just one of those companies that everybody hates but will continue to exist until the end of time. Sim City has brand recognition. that game made money despite a launch that would have had to try pretty hard to be more embarrassing. what's going to replace it, exactly?

do not buy EA games, you will regret it!!

i am boycotting ea for their lovely business practice of never releasing any games worth buying

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

I do think they are both very good games. playing mother 3 makes me want to finish it so I can get to EB, though. How tedious is the grinding in Earthbound Zero on a scale of Not at All Tedious to Dragon Quest 2?

the latter

also the rest of the game is essentially the same as earthbound, there's no reason to play it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

(i don't like them either)

SHAUN! SHAUN!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

It makes a lot more sense when you realize that it's so you can't just skip fights by running directly to the exit, the button-mashing QTE that's just long enough to allow any alerted enemies to knock you out of it is just a more seamless version of the doors that magically lock when you enter a room and then magically unlock when you kill everyone.

its actually used to mask loading in console games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

My friend and I need a new badass coop game to play. We finished Divinity, got burnt out on FC4 and though Portal 2 is fun it makes me feel stupid sometimes and I don't like that.

What are some sick nasty coop games. Preferably $15 or under.

Oh and we're definitely gonna get Hotline Miami 2, pumped for that.

Syndicate

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i always play as femario so i can hear jennifer hale say ITSA ME

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

giana and luigi

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6aRE1Sl-Y

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

They were talking about objectifying women in videogames, but everything in a videogame is usually saved under an .obj file at least once. Which would make videogames impossible to be made if you didn't objectify everything including women.

i wrote a game in inform so i guess im free of guilt

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCWDPTwflxw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im a games poster and therefore unable to understand that sales existed before steam

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ah yes, i remember when people were trampled to death while trying to log into steam

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

The only game I've ever bought on Steam (other than indie games for pennies) that I have no interest in playing ever is Overlord 1. It was cheap and I bought it but I played like an hour of the second one that I got in the same bundle and it was awful.

1s better but still bad imho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

i really should start the mgs hd collection

i'm always concerned i forgot everything that happened in mgs on psx tho

mgs2 has a summary thing you can read that tells you everything that's important. plus they talk about it in mgs2 all the time anyway so you're fine

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

In general, posters, unless they are in a frame and probably even then, are more of a college thing in terms of decor.

posters for exhibits or whatever are a good thing to decorate an academic office w/

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlifVvKGcXM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

The best part about Final Fantasy arguments is that people who say anything from the 13 series is good always has to list reasons why, before anyone asks

Meanwhile with 6 and 9 you can just say they're good and drop the mic

lightning returns is good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

Also I couldn't think of any Irish games, or anything really very "green" to play for St Patrick's Day. I guess I coulda played the Flogging Molly songs in Guitar Hero but gently caress it I burnt out on that game years ago

flogging molly is american

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

adam sandler was coincidentally destroyed by The Man and Feminists at the exact time i became too mature to be amused by movies entirely based around people falling down and farting

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

So "mature" is now a synonym for "no longer among the living"?

youll understand when you grow up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

that scene in jack and jill where jill eats mexican food and it makes her fart? comedy gold. oscar material, imho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87SoiSgyfCI

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ive never liked a dragon quest

maybe i just dont like jrpgs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I don't even like final fantasy apart from 13-3...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

they should bring back cait sith

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im no longer probated

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

could i make a neato game using RPG maker. I'm bad at drawing and math.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it makes me angry that always sometimes monsters is respected by a person

• Locked thread