Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Oh so Brad worked at Stardock, for some reason I tough he was at Paradox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

20 years ago MMOs and Gamestop did not even exist.

Next year that won't be true anymore, 19 years ago the MMOs genre, like we know today, was born.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Depending on what game you count from, they're already almost 25

I am counting from meridian 59.

edit: I thought the original NWN was more adventurer lobbies compared to today's mmos.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 3, 2015

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Apparently it's really easy for an mmo to remain profitable, or at least just profitable enough to keep the servers afloat. As long as you have a few thousand subs and/or a cash shop then you don't need too much to keep the servers in maintenance mode. I'm sure there's enough die-hard SW fans out there to keep the userbase from completely flatlining.

I kinda like TOR, I always come back to it when I don't have an ongoing session. They actually put a shitton of feature the last few years. The relationship between EA and Disney seems pretty tight and rumor for a sequel in 3 years...

rdit: And I thought the game made it's money in the first year.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 5, 2015

• Locked thread