Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Original context of that photo is that one of the spaces our man Brad is taking up is a handicap space iirc

Technically it's legal because he has a crippled woman in his trunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Thwack! posted:

I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei 4 for the last couple months, and I'm about almost done with the Chaos path. Game's really good and I'm already planning to play the game again on New Game+ for the Neutral path.

I bought Persona Q yesterday because I admire this series but the main games have an insufficient amount of dating. I respect your dedication.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Eh there's old games that are better than newer ones, like The Legend of Zelda and ALTTP are still better than pretty much every Zelda game that followed because instead of being up their own asses with bad story and tutorial garbage they're actual games you're meant to play and even occasionally die in

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah there have always been a bunch of bad games that just find new and exciting ways to be bad, and always new good games. Such as 2015 GOTY Bloodborne

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the Lost Levels is a sequel for people who had played a ton of and mastered the original game which is fine for them but is really bad and untenable for a game series because if they had continued in that way it wouldn't have attracted new players and Mario would've died with the NES, whereas SMB2 owns

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bleusilences posted:

Next year that won't be true anymore, 19 years ago the MMOs genre, like we know today, was born.

Depending on what game you count from, they're already almost 25

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the difference in tone actually makes sense in those games too imo, FF12 is the mythical Atlantean past of FFT alluded to by things like the airship graveyard and that one forest that talks about how moogles are extinct, while Vagrant Story is the future after FFT where the world is undergoing its equivalent of the Renaissance and religion and magic are on the wane; I think Vagrant Story is only a few hundred years in the future though, there are items in the game that belonged to Agrias and are made of Orlandu's bones that are described as sacred relics

They're also all three pretty good games, and they do have some content similarities (they all have plots that involve a lot of power plays and political machination for ex)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

f2p is great with getting people who are bad with money to subsidize games for poorer and cheaper people

basically, apparently DDO and that lovely lord of the rings mmo turned into money printing machines when they went f2p and immediately quadrupled their monthly returns

convincing your true believers to give you a thousand dollars a month is the new monthly fee

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Earthbound's battle system is crazy broke, Ness is OP, everybody on both sides does so much damage that like Paula in particular and any person when you first recruit them will just drop dead randomly all the time during bosses and miss tons of XP making them even weaker than Ness by comparison, bottle rockets basically oneshot bosses like you said, and the rolling HP meter everybody loves doesn't do dick until the last third of the game when watching it roll up and down constantly is vital to your survival

Despite all that I still think I like it better than Mother 3, but both of them are good games imo, even though it shows that they were directed by a writer and not an experienced game designer (in fact this is probably why they're not soulless and thematically uninteresting like 95% of games)

Baku fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 6, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Luigi is the best character in Thousand Year Door because his entire role in the game is to stand in town and try to one-up Mario by telling stories about the insanely over-the-top and exciting adventures he's had while Mario was off saving the world without him, stories which are definitely obviously true and not made up or embellished at all

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Nabbit was pretty good because that game was basically perfect for an adversarial player character who was actively loving others over, but him not being able to die to enemies made some levels really stupid

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

spudsbuckley posted:

Tedious hack and slash game that people like over other tedious hack and slash games for some bewildering reason.

I guess somebody could think DMC3 or Bayonetta was a tedious hack and slash game, but then, some people also trust in Allah

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"Kirby is too easy and Dark Souls is too hard", cried the retarded baby bitch who demands that every videogame meet his exact specifications for his designated daily hour of leisure time

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
We've known since before this thread was made that Bloodborne comes out this month soooooOOOooo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Devil Wears Wings posted:

ah yes, the finer things in life, like my precious grimdark melee combat dying simulator

for you see [dons fedora] only the purest of purestrain gamers can appreciate such fine ambrosia

THE PENETRATOR posted:

youre hella retarded, and massively gay

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
imo this is a good strategy for any gamer with nagging friends, girlfriends, etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-TqEFYcfM

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gay skull posted:

Animal crossing is a mix between Seinfeld and Hoarders, you just kinda bullshit around and collect things and that's that

Now I think Harvest Moon is the Seinfeld of games, technically you're supposed to be industriously farming but iirc there's nothing at least in the SNES game that keeps you from being a slovenly idiot who doesn't grow a thing and just goes into town and hangs out at the cafe

Nasgate posted:

I haven't kept up with Bloodborne, is it basically going to be Dark Souls: In London? Because that sounds pretty dope.

Yeah p much, Victorian Souls with guns and art direction based on gothic horror

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
He who controls the officially-licensed prima guide controls.... information :twisted:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm surprised that only 36% of steam games are never played, I've never played half the games on my list and I don't feel like an idiot for owning them or whatever

People who like rail against steam for being evil with sales and whatnot are loving morons, given how many of the games I own came from packages and humble bundles and poo poo I'd estimate the amount I paid for the games I haven't played totals like $100 over the course of several years and if that much money makes or breaks you financially you probably shouldn't be spending what money you do have on computer games because there's no way your other needs are being adequately met

Rayman Legends is a good platformer and Child of Light is a good JRPG especially for the prices they are atm

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

codenameFANGIO posted:

Thanks to the 3DS thread I now assume no one is ever kidding.

*3ds repeatedly slips from grasp like the case was made of warm butter*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My copy of EVO: The Search For Eden has a Blockbuster sticker on it which is a pretty good own given that the game sells for like $200 used now

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
be fired by who? from what?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
so just to be clear the PC police ruined his career at the exact point when he established happy madison, effectively becoming his own boss

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
idk how rob schneider yet lives

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the ff13 games are really good $20 games

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Doctors Light and Wily couldn't have children together, no matter their mastery of science, and it drove them both insane.

Rock and Roll, as a blue boy robot who is a warrior and a robot girl in a dress who is a domestic, are symbols of heteronormative patriarchy. Meanwhile, Dr. Wily has produced hundreds of robots who are exclusively gendered male with the sole exception of Splash Woman.

They split because Wily was a fag, not because they were in love, and Mega Man is about the triumph of traditional gender roles and heterosexuality over weird queer commie poo poo.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dark Souls actually is a lot like a modern version of Simon's Quest specifically, moreso than any other Castlevania in fact

Stux posted:

dark souls 1 was a metroid game with swords and demons

I've seen Stux post this opinion in at least two threads and legitimately don't know if he realizes that Symphony of the Night (and the five or six CV games that are basically sequels to it) exists

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

How ridiculous are we talking, because the load times are annoyingly long for me.

Yeah they're still awful

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The World of Ruin owns for a whole bunch of reasons and I can't imagine how dumb somebody would have to be to think it was bad

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The problem with the bad Final Fantasy games isn't that they're unimaginative or formulaic, it's that all that creativity amounts to silly game mechanics and a nonsense story (see: FF8, FF13)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just realized I confused the band Shonen Knife and the magazine Shonen Jump.

And we're the racists

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I know Yoshi's Story is a big bag of dicks but I was actually optimistic about the 3DS one is it bad too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why stop there?

Dump Earthbound and Mother 3 onto a disc and sell it as an Anthology collection like Kirby and Super Mario Bros. Allstars.

The US version would be Best Buy exclusive and they'd only produce ten copies for the entire country

• Locked thread