Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jenny Angel posted:

"If it is meant to be nothing but a machine," Karn finally asked Jhoira, "Which card should I cut from this UB devoid draft list?"

I'm thinking maybe one of the non-Eldrazi flying dorks? It's also possible that I'm valuing Salvage Drone way too highly - I kinda ended up scrambling for any Ingesters I could find.

Cut a Mind Raker and both Salvage Drones and find a better card in your sideboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Cut a salvage drone or a mind raker.

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The thread sensed that mcmagic wasn't ready for the curse taking hold of him. Weeping in their hearts, they fled.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Zephirum posted:

The thread sensed that mcmagic wasn't ready for the curse taking hold of him. Weeping in their hearts, they fled.

"Fly us higher, out of his posts."
-Zephirum, captain of the Megathread

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
In the blur between metal and flesh, RoboRosewater found madness.

I know we don't normally talk about the cards generated by various neural networks, but holy poo poo, look at this thing.

You could have told me that was a spoiler from Oath and I would have believed you. Everything fits together. Holy gently caress.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Zemyla posted:

In the blur between metal and flesh, RoboRosewater found madness.

I know we don't normally talk about the cards generated by various neural networks, but holy poo poo, look at this thing.

You could have told me that was a spoiler from Oath and I would have believed you. Everything fits together. Holy gently caress.

this is a cool card

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It's a white card mechanically, but the name matching the rules templating is a neat coincidence.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

this is a cool card

Just needs haste and it'd be really solid.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
it seems exactly like the red version of flickerwisp, right down to the shittier creature, unnecessary targetting restriction limiting its functionality side of things.

It's exactly the right kind of "only playable in limited" that I would expect Wizards to put out while writing an article about flicker effects and flickerwisp before showing us this red card.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Meh, pretty sure we already had that in the custom card thread. Or at least the sorcery version of it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

I reported myself the second I saw I lost the toxx, but mods don't care.

"Deep in Zoness' realm, McMagic stopped dead in his tracks and rubbed his soot-filled eyes. "Narset?"

just autoban if you really care, the mods don't care about your dumb toxx, it's true

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

black potus posted:

Unable to make posts of value, he goes forth to steal my references instead. :mad:

"That post wasn't copying you!" DAD LOST MY IPOD pleaded.

"I'm not sure which is more pathetic," replied black potus, "your judgment or your posting."

playing the long game

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 17, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

"That post wasn't copying you!" DAD LOST MY IPOD pleaded.

"I'm not sure which is more pathetic," replied black potus, "your judgment your your posting."

playing the long game

"Sir, I just posted..." explained DAD LOST MY IPOD.

"Don't post," interrupted black potus. "It doesn't suit you."

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
There is no glory to be gained in the posting of the thread.
—BJPaskoff tomb inscription

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
My ruling is upheld. Order is upheld. :justpost: is done

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I secretly hope this goes on forever, like the Simpsons quote thread.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Remember the moral of the Goblin Lookout fable: being a Goblin is a pretty big advantage.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
If there was an actual card called Goblin Ambusher its only rules text would be Flash and ETB Tapped.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Attorney at Funk posted:

If there was an actual card called Goblin Ambusher its only rules text would be Flash and ETB Tapped.

Goblin Ambusher 2R
Creature - Goblin Shaman

Flash
Goblin Ambusher enters the battlefield tapped.
When Goblin Ambusher enters the battlefield, exile an instant or sorcery from your graveyard.
2/1

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
As the horrors closed in on the thread, black potus trembled and clutched his post for comfort. He didn't know where it came from or why it was so warm, but he was glad he'd started this topic.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
"black potus, unaware of his post's odor, paused to catch his breath..and promptly died."

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Still cheaper than an actual legacy deck.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
A while back someone posted a link to a remake or mod of the old shandalar game with new/modern cards. Does anyone have the link to that handy?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Night Danger Moose posted:

I recall the fable of the guy who was buying into Enchantress right after it fell off the world.

It's me.

Because I am incapable of tears does not mean I have no need to shed them.

:qq:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I recall the fable of the guy who was buying into Enchantress right after it fell off the world.

It's me.

Because I am incapable of tears does not mean I have no need to shed them.

:qq:

Sounds like some fable.

Share sometime.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

It is like the reserved list and price speculation: we think we know the story, but we have read only half the thread.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
A true scribe devotes an entire lifetime to the creation of a single post, a masterpiece as unique as its maker.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Lobsterpillar posted:

A while back someone posted a link to a remake or mod of the old shandalar game with new/modern cards. Does anyone have the link to that handy?

over here somewhere

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Night Danger Moose posted:

Still a better way to play Magic digitally than MTGO.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Just 5'd this thread.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

If this is what it takes to play Momir in person, then so be it.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

I would prefer if these were all 1st generation iPad's

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I think they'll sell you 6 of those $50 Kindles for $250 so you could make a deck out of those for $2500, that is cheaper than I expected.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Boco_T posted:

I think they'll sell you 6 of those $50 Kindles for $250 so you could make a deck out of those for $2500, that is cheaper than I expected.

How do you shuffle?

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Gridlocked posted:

How do you shuffle?

Tap the playlist.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gridlocked posted:

How do you shuffle?

randomization web app on all of them.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

There will be a vast shitpost and then a vaster probation.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Gridlocked posted:

How do you shuffle?

:spergin: Design and install a custom app on all of the devices that networks them together and will randomize what cards are shown on each screen based on what cards are in the deck. Hit a Shuffle button on the app on one device and all of them randomize cards. Then you just pick up your massive, 7-phone/Kindle hand and play. :spergin:

They have to be done in relation to each other or you could end up with a deck with, say for instance, nothing but Siege Rhino or nothing but lands. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

JerryLee posted:

"Sir, I just posted..." explained DAD LOST MY IPOD.

"Don't post," interrupted black potus. "It doesn't suit you."

The third time JerryLee quoted him, DAD LOST MY IPOD decided he had quoted twice too often.

• Locked thread