Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zoness posted:

Also I just think parameterized mechanics are cool, like when they added a number to scry (and when that number isn't 1)

Scry's first appearance was in Fifth Dawn and it was Scry 2 across the board. Future Sight is where they started tinkering with the number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zurgo is Biff Tannen.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"Let's show the Elder Dragons!"

*skips Ojutai*

Edit: Oh poo poo, I spoke too soon.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sarkhan ALL THE DRAGONS.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Karn's back too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GODDAMMIT.

I really hate DFCs

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kasonic posted:

Why would anyone hate DFCs? Like seriously, explain your anger to me.

Because I care more about function than flavor. DFCs were a decent way to get the flavor of Werewolves and stuff across (and probably the best of a bad lot), but they don't function very well. You either need checklist cards or you need to pull the card in and out of the sleeve multiple times and they hosed up the draft format and I don't feel like the payoff was worth it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The impact in loving up draft wont be as bad when DFCs are limited to five mythics instead of one in every pack

You're right, that particular gripe is an Innistrad thing. I'm still unconvinced that DFCs are worth all the headaches they produce.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

born on a buy you posted:

Arizona magic continues to be hilariously hosed up. Offered to help cover hotel costs for a local kid that Q'ed for a PT but can't afford it. His boss, a local store owner, sent me and another guy that made the offer this message this morning:

Please don't offer my employees things like cash favors. It's inappropriate and you should already know that. Same for <me>, I know he isn't publicly your business partner but everyone knows he's "your guy."
<pro tour hopeful> is young and doesn't understand the strings that will be attached once he accepts such a favor from you. He is in the running to be my manager and he will be hurt if he compromises the trust that he has built with me with his own efforts. Even if you tell him there are no strings attached, we both know there are. At the very minimum you are "buying his loyalty/sympathy/regard" and that's a conflict of interest.
If you are really <pro tour hopeful>'s friend, and not just trying to use him, prove it by leaving him alone.
It's somewhat of an issue with <other employee> too but he and I already had the discussion we needed to have and he isn't taking money from you so it's not as much of a problem there.

What the actual gently caress.

Send the kid to the Pro Tour anyway, gently caress the other store owner.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TheTofuShop posted:

the bolded reads like he's threatening to injure his employee.

I read it more like "fuuuuuck, I was getting ready to promote this kid so I can work less," but your interpretation makes the guy even more hateable.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Entropic posted:

WOTC knows that they're obligated to bring back fetch-lands, full art basics, and landfall to avoid a riot, right?

MaRo has said that they've been saving full art basics for a special occasion...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

These will go great in my Peasant Multicolor Cube.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Starving Autist posted:

Yeah, those land names are a bit too tied to the Alara shards, I think. It would make too little flavor sense.

How are Arcane Sanctum and Crumbling Necropolis tied to Alara shards?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

So does Goyf have new new art? Same with Karn?

Goyf's MM art, Karn's NP art.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Gensuki posted:

Uh...Am I wrong or does Enduring Scale lord go infinite with a copy of itself?

That seems kind of good for an uncommon.

You're probably missing that it says "another?"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I missed that the initial post was saying "two Scalelords is infinite." My bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Everyone thinks that Ojutai Exemplars dodges Wrath effects.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My adoptive father's son stole all my stuff and then became a supervillain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Two things are needed to survive the harsh forums of Something Awful: a quick wit and quicker fingers.

• Locked thread