Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Angry Grimace posted:

I just assumed the "Elder Dragon" type was an Easter Egg for nerds like me that like that kind of thing. :confused:

I'm sorry, if the reference isn't properly reverent to the originals, you're not allowed to think it's cool or fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That shaman is hilariously bad, but I hope they push the power level on at least one of these commands since they're not monocolored spells.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I might put Pristine Skywise in an EDH deck.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bugsy posted:

Seeing as Biorhythm is banned what is the likeliness that this dude will also be banned?

And Somberwald Sage saw a decent amount of play when it was legal including as a four of in a GP winning deck.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1070605

Despite joking around earlier, I don't think Shaman is utter garbage, but I also think tapping for 3 mana is a lot better than tapping for 2 so I don't know that I'd compare it 1-1 to Somberwald Sage.

This is assuming the biorhythm ability is going to be useless 99% of the time.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You can only have one on the battlefield so why would you ever want more than one in your deck?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Starving Autist posted:

Because you'd like to actually draw it in your opening hand in a decent number of games. You don't want 4, since drawing multiples sucks, but only having 1 isn't that great either since you won't get to open with it very much.

OH

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I drifted away from the game after the last Zendikar block and now that I'm playing again, it's back. I will never escape landfall.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Drafting Red/White was fun in Zen, probably not so fun for the people you were playing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

First Bass posted:

So what did the score end up being on the G/W devotion mirror match from hell? Please let it be 0-0-1

Sam Black is on camera again and his record is 5-0-2

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Shortest Path posted:

I wish every deck was GW Devotion. That match was beautiful to watch.

I was actually impressed that Majors kept his cool and held on for a draw instead of conceding after watching Sam Black be Sam Black for 45 minutes

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Two mono red decks in the GP top 8, I love this format.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oh good let's put the matchup of two Abzan decks on camera instead of any of the actually interesting matches going on.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lancelot posted:

Oh gosh, two G/W devotion decks in the top 4. If we have a 2-hour long mirror match in the finals I'm sure Cedric will go insane.

I want them to follow through on their threat to just not cover the finals if it's a G/W mirror

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If all of the "dragons matter" spells were tribal, that dragon counter might be good.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So are the new set concepts moving to 2 color decks, I think I read that the prereleases are gonna be 2 color to represent the dragons better?

Dragons is 2-color factions instead of 3-color ones, yeah. Every big set is different, though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mcmagic posted:

This is really really good. You don't have to do anything pretty much to get it going and it's not going to be easy to remove.

You're right, there's definitely no sideboard playable enchantment removal in this standard.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I wish they just replaced the pack-per-win queues with the 6-3-2-2's for everything, since the only real point of the swiss is getting to play three rounds.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hellsau posted:

So they banned Cruise and left Cloud of Faeries? I mean I guess Familiar and Delver weren't good enough already, thanks for killing U/B Delve and weakening Kiln Fiend while leaving the strongest combo and strongest tempo decks around.

This bothers me too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zoness posted:

Do you think anyone would lose their head over someone playing with these sleeves:

It's not fun... using those sleeves.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Surprise, suprise, Narset + Anticipate is pretty good

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mcmagic posted:

I'm not sure how you can possibly know that but whatever. I don't see what the problem is with learning from the best players...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mcmagic posted:

I ran Sadisi Whip at the SCG NJ the day after KTK was released and I've been playing it on and off since and I pretty much made all the changes Reid did to the deck (I'm probably taking about 71 of his 75 to an IQ this weekend.) When a player much better than me improves a deck I'm playing why the hell wouldn't I want to take advantage of that knowledge? Isn't the goal to give yourself a better chance to win?

"Reid Duke did it" isn't a good argument. Why those choices were made is the discussion you should be having. Why did you make those changes to play 71/75 of his cards, instead of 75? You must have a reason, right?

If you can't articulate these things and just fall back on "no really it's better, learn from the pros, man" there's no reason anyone should ever pay attention to you.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They almost reprinted Liliana in M15? :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If cascading into hypergenesis is wrong, I don't want to be right

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DQ Chapin, send him back to jail IMO

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Toshimo posted:

Look, fuckers. I know it's hip and edgy to poo poo on anyone who exhibits anything less than perfection on stream, but these dudes did fly halfway around the world to compete on camera. Sometimes dudes get jet lagged or have personal poo poo going on or or just have a bad loving day. Chapin is a known criminal, but in the context of loving Wizard Poker, I've not heard a lot of bad poo poo about him (as opposed to someone like Dezani). So, why don't you guys just clam the gently caress down for a minute and talk about some Ojutais and Silumgars and other cool loving dragons and let the dude who got a game loss for loving up and had some other assorted bad-play-itis have his bad loving day to himself. Christ.

PUT HIM IN JAIL

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm glad Flores is back on the Pro Tour so that Flores can maybe get some tournament stories that aren't a decade old

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

qbert posted:

Wrapter's deck is a 3-card combo that doesn't even guarantee a win.

Conifer Strider + Become Immense + Temur Battle Rage.

All the jokes on LSV's stream last night about Wrapter not having a deck are a lot funnier now.

edit: "Cuneo's deck is doing exactly what it's designed to do... cast a lot of cantrips and not actually do anything at all"

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I don't care if I'm just fanboying out, I could listen to LSV commentate anything

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like MTGO because it's literally the only place I can play pauper and I think that format is actually pretty cool, it's like legacy light

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

One time I traded a 40k Ork army for a Fantasy Empire one, and the dude popped his trunk to get his minis out and there were like 3 handguns in there. I got the :stare: look on my face and he just said he was a self-defense instructor.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I can't wait for Theros to rotate, because I have no standard cards and I'm drat sure not buying in during the summer lull

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Come play pauper with me on MTGO, you don't have to worry about prices too much.

Please.

Anyone.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd play that card in a draft if I really had to

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Definitely take the goyf, anyone who says different doesn't work for a living

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I've only seen the one tweet from Owen but isn't he joking?

I honestly can't think of a reason to give him the benefit of the doubt in a situation where people might have dumb opinions about "proper" main event conduct

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm cheering for Amulet Bloom, just on principle

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Why didn't they just reprint Man O War

edit: maybe that owl is just really good at being an owl

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Madmarker posted:

I'm going to disagree with that, because Sphinx's Revelation Elixir control is the single most fun deck ever printed. I would play mirror matches all day every day and love every moment.

Also Abzan wasn't a thing, and quite frankly Green Black midrange value beater strategies frankly make me want to puke.

It can't hold a candle to Caw-Go, what are you smoking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This is the best deck of all time

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/deck/82

• Locked thread