Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

Or open it back up so today's spoilers can get pasted in?

Elder dragons refer to a specific thing that a very very long time ago in the mtg timeline. http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Elder_Dragon#Elder_Dragons. Making the khans dragons into elders is stupid.

The Elder Dragons were dragons that basically controlled a fifth of their plane each right? That doesn't seem that different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I am going to make a zero-effort push for these names:

Duomoka
Atwoka
Odeuxtai
Kolaghan II: 2 stormy 2 furious (ninja edit)
and Jabba Scrooge Mcdragon

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 2, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

Don't forget 2 Stormy 2 Furious

Oh man thats a really good one.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

apistat posted:

Is this going to be a cycle of brood-specific enchantments (and the end of the Ascendancy/Siege/x megacycle), or just the general representation of the DRAGONSTORMS :black101:?

Man please don't say the name of a really cool card to refer to a really lame enchantment :eng99:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

How ironic that Scrooge McDragon is probably a dollar mythic.

He's destabilizing the set's economy to make his own wealth more valuable.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

redstormpopcorn posted:

Megamorph is pretty dumb, it would work fine as regular morph with a "When ~ is turned face up, put a +1/+1 counter on it."

I want to think that the shortcut is useful somewhere or that there might be a card with both megamorph and morph at some point.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

BJPaskoff posted:

Is there a reason this doesn't say "creatures you control with flying have haste"? It's going to be annoying explaining to people that when they turn their manifested dragon face up, it doesn't gain haste.

Flying can be removed so I imagine this template avoids layering / timing issues, especially with stuff like archetype of flying giving.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Gensuki posted:

No, Tasigur is a 1/1. His throne is a 3/4. The throne is what you are delving for (Or purchasing with mana money).
Besides, Tasigur's story aside, Silumgar never killed him. He just Owns him... Owned? Tasigur is bling

In other news I really hate that Silumgar's body got smaller after getting 1200 years older. Aren't dragons supposed to get strictly more powerful with age?

C'mon didn't you watch DBZ? Frieza's final form is way smaller than his second and third forms.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

So, rules question. If I cast final fortune, can I sundial the "you lose the game" part of it away? How about stifle? One of my friends has a stiflenaught deck and is planning on putting FF in and wanted to make sure. It doesn't seem like it should since it's a spell effect, but the good folks at MTGS tell him it's a delayed trigger.

Sundial works with final fortune.

The timing for the delayed trigger on Final Fortune specifies the extra turn's end of turn step which if properly played is skipped with Sundial.

Ninja edit: stifle works whoops!!

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 3, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Are you trying to say caw-blade wasn't fun?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Cawblade was the highest skill-testing format in recent years. Yeah Cawblade is a format now.

Caw-Blade the deck, the format, the rotation, the banning, the lunchbox.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

I was told by others that its because White is not allowed to remove Planeswalkers. Despite the fact that Banishing Light totally lets you do that.

to the color pie guru baker mr rosewater banishing light is a starkly different kind of effect from utter end

I mean obviously to some extent the effects are different but it's kind of weird to assume that they aren't effectively the same a majority of the time, like, nobody ever treated o-ring as like, not a vindicate. Even if O-ring is conceptually not permanent while utter end is, in terms of actual resource exchange it's pretty much the same.

Of course to maro thats a development thing and not a design thing I guess.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 3, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Haha I looked at that card, glossed over it thinking it cost 7, and then realized it cost 5!

Even if it's not (constructed) playable they are definitely pushing how fast dragons hit the board, I guess.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Wow they're really phoning it in with every mode except draw a card being worse than cryptic (okay im not really serious cryptic is kind of stupid good).

ALSO BIORHYTHM :staredog:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 3, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Starving Autist posted:

Not every mythic has to be constructed caliber, but that ability certainly feels mythic. Maybe they could print it on a rare, but I don't know.

Yeah exactly, it's a guy who remembers how to do biorhythm, it's cool, if not particularly powerful.

Also in limited it ramps you from 3 to 6 and 3 for a 2/3 blocks morphs comfortably.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Pretty sure you wanna crack DRAGON ACCELERATOR mythic in this format, actually. As first picks go the shaman is pretty amazing, pardoning the fact it can't pay megamorph costs. While he is a little slower a 2/3 rear end on a 3 mana card is far from irrelevant as elves and their ilk are wont to do.

Which does beg the question of why they'd print another somberwald sage now, of course.

Also a 2/3 for 3 keeps the morphs off your butt in limited and being a DRAGON ACCELERATOR seems pretty amazing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I dunno I'd rather have Final Judgment than first judgment.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
But Searing Spear > Lightning Strike :qq:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

I Love You! posted:

I actually can't think of anything outside of a format-buster like pack rat that I'd take over this guy in limited.

-Hugely relevant body
-Single Color
-Breaks the curve in a curve-oriented, high-cost, high-power format
-Incidental ability for super weird fringe cases that won't happen

Virtually any opening hand with this guy is a monster hand and he's mad easy to build around. Glad he's mythic because limited would NOT be fun with him at another rarity.

Yeah I agree w/ this 100%. Even at rare the guy would show up too often.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

I would prefer Searing Spear, it just sounds cooler to "Spear you." than "Strike you."

Yeah and "lightning strike" gives me nightmares of holding up for 40 hours of gameplay.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Cernunnos posted:

I almost don't want to see what they put on Silumgar's Command. Ojutai's is good but not breaking the bank like Cryptic was. I get the feeling Silumgar's might come close.

Pick 2:
- Mill 2
- Mill 3
- Mill 4
- Mill 5

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

Silumgar's Command will probably be Kill target monocolored creature/draw 2 discard 1/counter target instant or sorcery/target player discards 2 cards.

I mean we're all hoping that the u/b command won't mill but honestly what are the odds of that.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

Has UB/Sultai had any opponent-mill cards besides Nemesis Wave? The only other one I can think of are all Jeskai/Ojutai-related.

EDIT: As in cards meant to mill the opponent, not as a way to fuel Delve.

Counterpoint they jammed inane nonsense like gain 4 life into a mode on the u/w command.

I get that gain life is a good rider on some cards but none of the other modes seem strong enough to really warrant a gain 4 life rider.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Starving Autist posted:

The gain 4 life is just an alternate version of tap your opponent's team, it's just worse most of the time.

To parallel this the u/b command will use mill X as an alternate version of target player loses X life on profane command.

Although I hope they put the X on the R/G or R/B command. Honestly I just want a non-lovely red command this time around.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

I Love You! posted:

I'm specifically going nuts because while it is a worse cryptic, they put it in a format with Soulfire which seems custom built to break it wide open. And they're going to be together for a long, long time if it works out.

I would find it weird if this format or the next didn't have a kind of (efficient) graveyard hoser in W/G to be honest.

Although that's kind of aggressive speculation from flavor.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Eh, Remand rates ahead when you draft storm since the tempo is the important part of the counter, and the lost card can be pretty huge.

And cantrip chaining is ... vaguely a thing...

Remanding your own storm spell with a stifle/trickbind on the storm trigger also owns!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but it's going to be less focused around the FRF rares just because it's the 3rd pack. There are going to be some number of times when you open a Citidel Siege or a Dramoka and you're not be able to play it.

Yo I'm pretty sure I can't play Citidel Siege or Dramoka in any format.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sac nonbasic seems absurd in limited.

would that be a common cuz that would be nuts.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Also the responses are about double sleeving but I don't see that in the question?

If you're just single sleeving it doesn't matter as long as all your sleeves point in the same way as everyone ahs said.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

If you doublesleeved the same direction the top of the card would see considerably more wear.

Also it would defeat the purpose of double sleeving which is to form some kind of plastic "seal" to keep poo poo from getting onto the card itself

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I actually just want the spanish version because there's something awesome about announcing Señora Dragón

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

uggy posted:

Rebounding a wrath prevents them from playing a creature on their turn?

This is my dream :swoon:

I like the tradition of u/w walkers not providing immediate board value on their own.

God I want to play with this card so much I might have to play standard.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Realistically tho that R/W deck running SFGM and a bunch of token makers and stokes seems like a fun place to try to place narset form the get go. It makes chains shittier to cast which is a huge downside but goddamn I wanna go big.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 4, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
He's a much better template than Talara's Buttalion for a big ole fat green 2-drop, that's for sure.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Narsets fluff in RU reads like she's Azami but in a different setting.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

I got really excited because I thought she had impaled a candle on the end of her spear-hook as an improvised torch, but it looks like it's just generic-rear end magic :(

generic rear end-magic

Ramos posted:

Was Azami dealing with compulsive issues? This is a legitimate question, because Narset is ridiculously twitchy throughout the story.

No Azami's actually just bizarrely chill about everything while setting up people to be murdered horribly. I guess the part that I drew parallels from was obsessive search for knowledge and enlightenment but Azami is a lot more stoic than Narset. I think it's cuz Narset is supposed to be a key figure while Azami's kind of just there.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Also hanging out with ojutai seems to give you better clothes and glowing eyes. This seems pretty awesome and I think having that guy in charge is a good idea.

I hope we can see what kind of fashion sense comes with the other dragons.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

I guess he's been hanging out in that river for a LONG time.

Come right in the water's fine.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

She even has the pink hair.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

qbert posted:

Will Narset's -2 work with Temporal Trespass? The card is going to the exile zone either way.

Yeah but the rebound cast will still end up exiling it. Not that anyone is implying that it wouldn't.

-2, take another turn, rebound, TT is exiled and was a time stretch. Pretty cool.

EDIT: whoops wrong post.

EDIT2: whoops doesn't work. I blame PV

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
replace TC with gurmag angler for the question then!!

• Locked thread