Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to enjoy killing new Sidisi in response to her trigger, just like the old sidisi :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Not any more!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

neetengie posted:

might have missed this earlier but why is zurgo a bellstriker now?

Like, are you not getting the whole conceit of the time travel thing?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I miss Blightning. Especially free Blightning :sigh:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Lottery of Babylon posted:

3/3 if you cast directly for 6, 4/4 if you megamorph for 3+7. Both of those feel pretty lousy.

This was clearly intentional. They even say so right off the bat in the development article:

One of the first ideas I came up with to encourage dedicated "Dragon-drafters" was to create a cycle of Dragons with megamorph. This meant that you could put a Dragon into the three-mana slot in your deck. Because megamorph allows you to turn up creatures and put +1/+1 counters on them, these Dragons could have slightly smaller stats than the typical Dragon, given that a frequent case use would still be to deploy them effectively as 4/4 flying creatures with upside. One thing I love about megamorph is that the mechanic tweak strongly incentivizes you to go through the face-down state. We tuned these Dragon cards to a power level where they are likely to be passed around a bit to drafters who prioritize them higher than others for the Dragonness.

Cards should drift to the players in that archetype, rather than being auto first picks.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

It's garbage.

lol. This time I think you're wrong. More inevitability for your finisher in a control deck is great. The cost is pretty negligible since mana is pretty good right now.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

defender, flying
draw a card if you control or reveal a dragon.

I dig it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Modern is already chock full of very narrow, very powerful sideboard cards. In fact that is the problem with modern. I don't think this will help.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/...Reserve_Mastery

haha nice

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Turns out a 5/4 for 2GG with a conditional ability isn't good enough anymore a lot of the time in constructed.

Agreed.

On an unrelated note, King, the time has come to autoban yourself. :cb:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Agreed. Conditional Haste is much better than Conditional trample

rofl did he :toxx: himself?

Yeah we both did. Functional forums search is so nice. Here is where I toxx myself and King takes it on the next page or so.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Re-read my post a couple of times.

Haha ok so you didn't take my toxx you made a new one. Fair enough. We both win!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mr. mephistopheles posted:

You said enemy fetches would never end up back in standard and I'll toxx you right now they're in one of the Zendikar sets.

Follow your own advice and go back and reread what I linked. I said not in that block, then further on clarified exactly which sets I was referring to by code name. Also unlike King I didn't go back and edit my post later to cover up losing.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So you know the dailymtg article today about preregistration prizes for every 100 entrants to GP Las Vegas?

Guess who just won the timetwister? My first power :allears:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

En Fuego posted:

That's awesome! Did they contact you via email?

SHOULD I BE FURIOUSLY REFRESHING MY EMAIL?!

Yeah an email from Eric Levine. I'm supposed to brag on #GPVegas but I don't use twitter!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Rukawa posted:

Did you just post in Magic: The Seattleing? ;)

Congrats!

Yeah MTS is hilarious and the admins haaaate me. I make sure to be civil on there though.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

red card draw, it's what's for breakfast lunch and dinner

also if this only said nonland...

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Also we finally have it. Better than the bow I guess?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So I was idly browsing one of the warhams threads since I'm enjoying the freude about how it's currently melting down and came across the following contrast someone made between GW+Warham to WotC+Magic.

quote:

quote:

I think games like Magic the Gathering show that it's possible to create incredibly intricate, mutually-interacting sets of spells/magic/rules/cards/whatever, without each card/spell/whatever necessarily breaking the game. Especially if you're willing to admit when you made a mistake and use errata or revisions to the system to remove old broken cards and add in new nonbroken ones, pay attention to the playtesting and feedback from your customers, and evolve the game, you can have a complicated magic system that works and isn't broken and adds to the game without dominating it. It's just not something GW's rules-writing process has ever been able to manage.

Warhammer's magic system is dumb and broken, but I'm not really interested in a "fantasy" game where the fantasy components are cosmetic.
Several points here.

And this is important, because there's an open document text file on your desktop that you're working on.

Magic has been awful for a very long time, and if you look at what they offer *now*, you could fairly say that it's a completely new product. It's hard to see, because their product and their rules are all a la carte. You might see that the mana colors are the same, and the basic setup of monsters, spells, and lands are in the same neighborhood and be forgiven for thinking that it's the same game. But they introduce poo poo like *non* stop, and flush things down the toilet just as quickly. Like playing with your old cards? Well, sure, there's venues where you can do that. Special tournament structures, but any time you venture into one of these areas, you run into the nightmare of the Magic community bazaar. Where rarity is like a drug. See your opponents running a common deck and want to counter it? Open your wallet, rear end in a top hat.

If you're smart, you can pierce the veil on this poo poo and see that, in a given chapter of their releases, there are x number of 1/1 creatures, and x number of 1 damage interrupts, and whatever else. But if you think it's not a balancing act largely based on illusion, you're probably assuming WotC is smarter than they really are, and that they designed something more robust than it really is.

There's like, 4 scenarios for play here.
- You are a new guy, you bought some cards from a new pack, and you want to play someone else. Anyone. They might have cards from a year ago. 2 years ago. 20. Do you know that? Do you let them play whatever they want? Have you ever heard of a Black Lotus, Fork, or Galvanized Obsidian Dildo of Torment? You're likely to be hosed down by cockmilk.

- You and your buddy are new guy(s). You buy a tandem pack. Loaded for bears you play each other using the provided decks. These decks are 85% tailored to be an interesting matchup, and 15% random cards. You draw some copies and some bullshit that you can't use. Your opponent draws a hard counter to the central theme of your deck. It could be subtle. It could just be a cheap interrupt or a monster that's immune to your horseshit. All that's still in there. The friendship ends that night amid recrimination and tears.

- You are experienced Magic rear end in a top hat who's been out of the game for a while and wants to get back in. You go to the store. You immediately realize that they're not just releasing nonstop themed sets, and have been for years, they're releasing them in *chapters* now. You buy several things to get an idea of what's up. You realize this isn't really helping you figure poo poo out. You go back to the store. New sets are *already* there. It's only been like... a month! Paralysis and despondency set in. You buy Star Realms for Android. You are much happier.

- You are current Magic player extraordinaire. You're reasonably up to date. You 'get' that you don't need to buy this season's crop of cards, because this season is similar to last season. It's just a lot more angel paintings and robots. The decks are going to be artifact heavy these days. You gear up to gently caress artifacts right in their Materia ports. You've got the cards for it, because you can reach back several seasons and find the last time they did this and be ready for *this* time. You face multiple players who are trying to run the 'gimmicks' from the current season. You win some. You lose some. The game is 'stable' from your point of view... as an expert player with no incentive to re-up.

Magic is a product thriving on the appeal of their marketing. Kind of like GW. Now, I'm *thrilled* that I can grab a couple decks designed to fight each other from the store and play a quick game with a new person and we enjoy ourselves. I'm also mildly stoked that you can tap into a variety of tournament scenes with different attributes and restrictions.

But Magic is still a game of tremendous swings of luck, and the people best equipped to manage that luck are also the ones who make the hobby a hostile environment. They're the ones who can manipulate the rarity market (even if it's just buying stuff), come to a table full of fresh faces and destroy you with cards that have no theme or logical association, except that they destroy hope and stifle virility. The smartest, most experienced players, make the game more random, because *if* you can manage to understand the landscape of cards and *if* you are aware of the 'meta' and *if* you have gotten your hands on cards that work together well as part of a plan, then the randomness, *for you* is almost non-existent.

But that just makes *you* a random predator in a sea of uneven opponents.

Compare to your typical FPS. You hop into a random game these days, expect to get hosed in the rear end by a dozen 12 year olds. They play too much, you do not, they are better than you. Hang in there for a while, and you might be lucky enough to suck less. Over time, you get into matches where, consistently, a couple people on each side are gods, a couple are either new or defective, and the rest are mediocre. The landscape of play is consistent.

The landscape of play in Magic is not consistent.

And if we're in the GW thread, and we hate how GWs 'game sucks' because 'they keep loving up armies' and 'don't care about balance', let me just say, there's more to a great game than balance and good rules. Magic is well designed. I AIN'T GON' FRONT. But, the situation that a magic player finds themselves in makes the game unbelievably hit or miss. Pretty much every time out of the gate.

Now, maybe I'm an enfranchised player at this point, or because I focus on limited - but I can't even comprehend the criticisms here. Is our hobby driving away people to its long term detriment? The growth in popularity recently is telling me no, but we don't have any way to compare to how much bigger it could possibly be if wizards did things differently so it's not much of an argument in my mind.

I can see being dismayed by the standard treadmill, or the high price of a good eternal deck, but keeping formats fresh and the clear focus they put on limited play these days are both super important for the health of the game.

What do you guys think?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

On an unrelated note: I started on Pucatrade. I want to send some poo poo out, but I think my display preferences are hosed. The only card in my collection anyone in America seems to want is Battlefield Thaumaturge. That can't be right, can it? Adding Canada adds Oath of Druids only. I have a ton of sweet Standard, Modern and Legacy stuff. Is Pucatrade just not used in America?

I think it's that you need people who want something off your have list, who also have a large enough points balance to debit once you claim their points by sending to them. My understanding is as soon as you earn some points people will be refreshing their own have lists and giving you something in order to get your points ASAP.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
There's a mailbag on dailymtg from way back by Kelly Diges which goes in to some detail. More than Maro's podcast episode on tribal. Phone posting so I can't find it, but as I recall the arguments did not seem all that convincing. I.E. if they really wanted to they could have made it a supertype.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

I just genuinely don't see the issue here. This seems like an answer looking for a problem.

The issue is why does it need to be a card type instead of a supertype. I'm home and found the dtailed explanation:

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/askwizards/0507

quote:

Q: Why is it that tribal is a type and not a supertype like legendary? Since it is an adjective, and because it seems more like an augmentation of the original card than an actual type of card, it seems strange and a little awkward to fit it as a type. Does this mean there will be tribal cards that are just tribal, or will they be like Bound in Silence, alterations of existing noncreature card types that allow them to have creature types? On that note, why did Bound in Silence have to be tribal at all? Why not just make it an Enchantment — Rebel Aura? Why can't the rebel subtype be used on noncreatures?
–Jacob, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

A: From Kelly Digges, Magic editor:

Rulesmeister Mark Gottlieb is out today tending his wombats, so I'll field your questions, which have appeared in the Ask Wizards box... oh, let's say "a few times."

Fair warning, though—the following is a feast for Melvin, and not for the faint of heart.

I'll start with the last question. Why was Tribal necessary at all? Why not just print an enchantment with the Rebel and Aura subtypes? That single card might seem innocuous, but the deeper issue here has to do with some very important rules that prevent some very silly things. See, rule 205.3d in the Comprehensive Rules states that—stop me if you've heard this one—each card type has its own possible list of subtypes, except for two pairs of types that share their list of subtypes. One such pair is instant and sorcery, allowing both of those to be Arcane; the other is creature and tribal.

If 205.3d didn't exist, we'd have a lot more freedom in adding subtypes to things. Instead of Arcane, we could have just made instants and sorceries that were Spirits! (That's ignoring the obvious problems that arise with splice.) Of course, we can't just have a generic list of subtypes, because it seems clear that Imagecrafter shouldn't turn things into Shrines or Equipment. So we could just define "creature types" as those subtypes that have been printed on a creature, right? (Well, or given to a creature, or created as a creature token...) That way Volrath's Laboratory can't make Forests. Oh, wait, crud, what about Dryad Arbor and Life and Limb? Now Mistform Ultimus taps for Green Mana, because Forest has been printed on a creature! This is what we call a Bad Thing, and we avoid the whole mess by keeping discrete lists of subtypes.

So we have 205.3d to keep the lists of subtypes separate (except the ones that share nice), and we have 205.3e to state explicitly that for cards with multiple types (such as Bound in Silence), each subtype gets correlated to the correct type. That second one keeps us from landing in the exact same trouble that 205.3d is meant to prevent.

Of course, that leaves the question of why tribal couldn't be a supertype like legendary or basic. The issue here is that subtypes are correlated with types, while supertypes aren't (205.3d again, in a big-ticket team-up with 205.4a). So what exactly would the tribal supertype mean? Would it mean that this object can have creature subtypes, or would it mean that this object's types can have creature subtypes correlated with them? The first causes big problems with 205.3d, and the second gets weird if the permanent starts losing types, as with Neurok Transmuter or Soul Sculptor. You could argue that tribal still applies to the new types, so the subtypes are kept, but then you've got something that works differently than other cards do when types change... These issues aren't necessarily intractable, but they're messy and counterintuitive either way, and everything works a lot more cleanly if tribal is a type. The rules do specify, however, that tribal always appears on cards that have at least one other type (that's 212.8a, for those keeping score at home).

So why does it "sound like" a supertype? I can't speak to this one as easily, as I wasn't here yet when the decision was made, but as I understand it the name "tribal" was chosen because it's evocative and descriptive, and it's already associated with creature types for established players. Some people argue that it should be a noun, because all types are nouns (like instant... well, in some definitions), and not an adjective the way supertypes are (like snow and, um, world...).

Okay, I'm being a little tongue-in-cheek there, but what I'm saying is that these are "rules" we bend when the actual rules and creative needs dictate. Most players can play the game thinking that tribal is a supertype, or ignoring it entirely, and not be affected at all. If you need to know that tribal is a card type, odds are you already do.

Whew! We're done, and I didn't even have to say "tribals."

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Trigger warning that poo poo man. Zac Hill voice incoming!

Also I'm not sure why they bothered with that story; it ignored so much stuff, got so much more wrong, and had the rest be so superficial it was basically pointless.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I'm deeply ambivalent to any complaints of 'no fetchlands' or any of that, but thats largely because I don't play this game, but from an outside perspective, I always saw fetchlands as a rather low effort borderline sleazy way to get players to fork over green, I always felt strongly that staple mana lands should have been uncommon and rare reserved for omnicolored lands or utility. I'd much rather that wizards found new and interesting mechanics to drive lands instead of recycling a set of old ones over and over and over as the meta revolves a bit too quickly. But as land mechanics are indeed a very dry design space and theres not much they could do, I can't blame them too much.

Rather, this set is a failure because its namesake dragon theme was tepidly and unambitiously put together, and the other mechanics are rehashed painfully and megamorph is outright laughable. With FRF building on and very much exceeding KTK from a design standpoint, I was actually a bit surprised how underboiled this set was, I was a bit optimistic that a dragon theme could be boldly done in grand style like ROTE was back in zendikar block, that was a bang-up job.

In that regard, I think a lot of the weight of what I'll appraise a set on goes into the mechanics and number of mechanically interesting one-off cards, and I give a lesser but still important attention to what the set brings thematically and flavorwise in new and unique worldbuilding / backstory and its balance. Dragons wasn't terrible from a flavor standpoint, but it didn't really deliver on its potential as a time-shifted khans, instead it just kind of filled in the expected lines about "all khans are now dragons" and a resounding meh was echoed. Theres been worse flavored sets for sure, like the latter two thirds of theros or the entirety of the stinkeroo that was ravnica 2.0. So flavorwise, not amazing, not bad. But mechanicswise, this set is a bloody joke. Thank god at least theres living lore to make me forget for a minute we had an entire cycle of chimney imp dragons and a cyclone of completely identical colorshifted mana rock dragons, not even bothering to add the filler keywords of the former (flying + trample is totally worth the same cost as flying + lifelink, oh yeah!)

I mean one of my complaints going into KTK is that while the delve cards were indeed pushed and some were well though out, it was the most mechanically interesting thing in the set and it was just a reprinted mechanic, so I was a bit meh about it. But now that seems to be spoiling us compared to how rebound was thrown in and butchered just for the sake of limited prowess or something, and megamorph is just, lol, megamorph, I'm going to be bringing up megamorph as a new whipping boy when I review future sets, I can stop hating on infect now

Someone in another thread called this set "+1/+1 counters of tarkir" and they were spot on, hell, this set could have been done better if wizards went the darksteel route and just abandoned the dragon theme entirely and reworked the whole set to put the counters front and center. Even megamorph might have made sense in a set with stuff like modular or interchangeable charge & +1/+1 counters. There aren't enough +1/+1-counters-matters cards to make megamorph remotely justifiable.

Another thing that really rubs my rhubarb is the whole thing where legendary creatures like zurgo got timeshifted instead of retconned out of existence. Flavorwise it sets me off, this whole set is supposed to be a bajillion years in the future after a world changing timeline fork where entire empires fell and it just so happens that the exact same characters were born anyways, just wearing a different hat? Even star trek didn't abuse that trope so hard. I mean, in planar chaos it made sense and was justifiable by the storyline- it wasn't a single forked timeline in the distant past, it was random and numerous splits in space time that turned everything into a messy soup, so it let them come up with riffs on old cards from all around, and that was fairly cleverly done (with some exceptions), but this is like marty mcfly returning to the present to find everyone in the exact same place, just wearing different clothes. They should have stuck with things like places and justifiable zombies like the tombshell and ancient golems and other age-spanning points set out in FRF instead of trying to cross from KTK.

This is awesome. Let's paraphrase.

quote:

I don't actually play, so wizards has zero incentive to please me or care about my opinions in any way. That said, they should make interesting new lands other than ones that just produce two different colors, and make them uncommon too.

This set doesn't go dragon enough, is bad because it reuses mechanics from the last set, and is bad because it changed a mechanic from the last set.

It didn't go far enough as a timeshifted ktk, but at least did better than other recent sets [i do agree rtr block story/flavour was terrible tho]. they should have made the best dragons uncommons.

Why aren't all these rebound cards undercosted like delve was? Why couldn't we have made morph more complicated? I read the white segment of the visual spoiler and all it cares about are +1+1 counters!

Why in this story based around recognizable relatable legendary playable main characters would over a thousand years of alternate history just the same sperm and egg make it together every time? It would never happen that way in reality!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Angry Grimace posted:

Okay now that we've seen all of the cards in Dragons of Tarkir, what are you guys thinking will be the updates to existing decks, and what (if any) new decks do you think are poised to be really good once the cards are out there?

My friends and I have been jamming on modo beta all weekend.

- Anticipate will slot right in to control decks and encourages you to play additional 2 cmc instants like silumgar's scorn, last breath, and even nullify

- The raptor is actually a huge PITA. Potential breakout mythic. Good for all the Gx devotion decks or with whisperwood.

- Haven't discovered any homes for the new plainswalkers yet.

- GW command is almost always doing something you really want done when you need it to. Solid.

- Descent of the dragons combo is hilarious. Clearly the best t2 combo deck.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
No more (e: of some) 8 man constructed queues on Modo. 6-2-2-2 queues! The sky is falling!!!

http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/april-2015-event-changes-2015-03-16

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

:getin:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yup agreed about roast, anticipate, and the colour hosers.

I think Sarkhan has a chance, probably after Theros or even KTK+FRF have rotated. The dragon land in control decks with ugin as a finisher surely.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Entropic posted:

So I think I'm doing two-headed giant sealed for the first time this weekend. Is there anything to keep in mind besides "cards that say 'each opponent' are better than normal" and that the two-color hoser cards are probably maindeckable? Might Impact Tremors or Mardu Shadowspear actually be playable? Tasigur's Cruelty obviously seems really good.

Just play ALL of your removal and ALL of your bombs and ALL of your card advantage. With double the blockers and extra life you don't want to be messing around with 2/1s and dumb poo poo.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ingenious

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what you guys are talking about compared to Theros this block is miles better. Exploit is finally a ub mechanic that doesn't suck, limited has been great, standard has been great. What exactly are you looking for?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sotar posted:

Can you kill the exploit creature while the exploit trigger is on the stack and theoretically make it impossible for your opponent to exploit?
Illusory Gains also works this way and is a sick anti exploit play. Pissed off quite a few opponents with that this weekend, though it is hosed hard by dash.

Speaking of salt this might be the best topdeck I've ever seen:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
50 packs is like exactly 2 drafts for 8 players so I could do that on any day of the week easily.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Wezlar posted:

Since I just got back into playing a bunch recently and I'm sad that it got banned in pauper...

Did they ever explain how Treasure Cruise actually got printed in 2014?

It's great for standard and limited, which is where they want to ensure cards are balanced.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So, how has the new pptq system been working out for everyone? I've gone to a few, sticking to limited and the one modern one we get per season in my area (Seattle).

- Has the fact you need an L2 head judge turned out to be a problem like some anticipated?
- How have you found the competition?
- How are they different from old ptqs?
- How is the prize support?
- Do the stores in your area coordinate scheduling?
- Is it a better system?

For me, I kinda miss the big 300 person ptqs since that was the last big 'central' tournament once they got rid of regional prereleases. Six rounds is not all that different from nine and you'll have at least 3 PT or SCG invitational competitors in the top 8 anyway :/ Stores also know people will do what it takes to qualify so they can overcharge for entrance and skimp horribly on prize support.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

It way too easy to do for it to be called a "cute combo." Narset on 4, End or Crux on 5 is easily doable. You also don't need to enable delve for Dig, you just cast cards.

Your experience has been the opposite of mine. People ignore her and maybe 3 turns after you've played her she's a divination. I liked the latest Jace much more.

Regardless, I'm pretty excited to see what the various teams come up with for this pro tour.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Cernunnos posted:

I had one guy drop a Narset against me at Pre-release. I just ignored her and killed him instead because the odds of actually hitting a draw with her are basically 0 in Limited. :v:

I asked the guy why he was running it afterwards and he said he knew it was gonna be bad but his friends convinced him to do it anyway. :v:

That's why I go to prereleases, honestly. Splash two different colours so that I can play 4 more dragons? Why the gently caress not!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
This is the most magical post I've ever seen: http://www.gofundme.com/q3umeeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Better we're all wishing we took the guess in the last thread the card would jump up from $5

Oh wait none of us bought raptor-chans either

I did, and I called it out in the thread so y'all have no excuse :v:

• Locked thread