Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If you want to stay out of a cube (as much as possible) you should get in to operations/engineering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I assume you mean a contract logistics provider for warehousing?

what market?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

You need a good freight forwarded on both ends, probably a separate freight forwarder in the US and a local well regarded party in Africa. Plus, you're going transborder in Africa which is always a delightful experience.

mcsuede posted:

An asset-based 3PL for warehousing and fulfillment. The company is great at big contract orders, truckload and LTL, but needs help scaling for ecommerce small parcel.

I can't get specific on market in public but it's all non-perishable (no refridge needed), typical CPG/FMCG package types.

This poo poo is like 101 level so any idiot can do it but if you're going 100% parcel fulfillment I would consider actual parcel carriers. I imagine if you are doing small orders that you want shared space, which is also well managed by parcel carriers.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

More jockeys only mean more maintenance if the new jockey is equally maintenance intensive. Electrics are pretty simple. Certainly more capex and depreciation, though.

For a jockey the best model is probably swappable batteries like on forklifts.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

You would get pretty decent regen as well. Hybrids at least perform much better in cities.

The beauty of electrics is that you reduce the number of actual components to like, mid hundreds rather than mid thousands, and there are only a few that are actually moving and subject to stress. Plus, as you say, you'd get a lot of benefit from modularity in your whole M&R process and supply chain.

• Locked thread