Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

George Zimmer posted:

The ports are indeed a nightmare, especially west coast. Until the "pool of pools" gets up and running, I'd avoid the California ports like the plague. Most rail ramps are okay though. In Chicago, we've had good grounding times and plenty of equipment.
My company imports a lot and a majority of my job is dealing with the truckers / ports / terminals. Seattle/Tacoma rail is giant nightmare right now due to Port of Portland losing Hanjin (thus, everyone rerouting to Washington). Last I heard there was a ~4 week wait to get on rail and it's not expected to get better in the next six months. :suicide:

George Zimmer posted:

The trucking industry is filled with shady, unreliable people and you're often forced to work with them. Some, on the other hand, are fantastic and will make your job much easier.
I have two truckers who are straight up honest and I treat them like gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread