Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Good game, good lp. Not much more needs to be said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Let us sing of the world's end.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

This was a heck of a ride. Thanks for taking us on it!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Alright, gonna Old Yeller the thread tomorrow. Say your final piece before this trainwreck can end in peace.

:smith: Drakengard

The Dark Id posted:

Say your final piece before this trainwreck can end in peace.

:unsmith: Drakengard.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

You did good.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
This LP has been a blast. One hell of a ride to be part of.

Archive not the Watchers.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Thanks again for showing off this game, Id. Looking forward to whatever your next project is.

Oh, by the way, since I don't remember it coming up in the LP, there is a reward for upgrading all of the weapons - an alternate outfit for Zero that's basically her normal outfit, but blood red in color. While you're wearing it, your Intoner Mode gauge starts off completely full, and automatically refills itself after you exit Intoner Mode, taking about 2 seconds to do so. In effect, you have unlimited Intoner Mode. The catch here being that in order to upgrade all of the weapons, you need Black Materials, which only become available in Accord's shop after you beat the Final Song at the end of Branch D. In other words, it's completely useless as far as helping you finish the main story campaign is concerned.

On the other hand, it is very useful for completely stomping the poo poo out of whichever of Accord's requests are giving you the most grief if you're attempting to platinum the game. Personally, I couldn't handle the last two arena fights on my own, so completely tearing those apart with infinite Murder Vocaloid power was extremely cathartic. :getin:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Alright, gonna Old Yeller the thread tomorrow. Say your final piece before this trainwreck can end in peace.

Godspeed and thank you, you crazy bastard.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I've been going through the Drakengard 2 LP and thread and found a Drakengard 3 prediction from 2011:

TurnipFritter posted:

Manah will become the Goddess, and just like his mother, Nowe will have to settle for number 2 on his list. Eris and Nowe's child will star in Drakengard 3. The child will shift between being vaguely intelligent and aware of the world around him or her, and being like Nowe. It'll almost be like they suffer from split personalities. Each level will basically have to be played twice: They'll start with the Nowe-raised personality doing something asinine (and probably world threatening), and then halfway through the Eris-raised personality will take over and have to work to undo whatever stupid thing the Nowe-side has been up to.

Edit: Drakengard 3 will reach new depth of JRPG stupidity, likely involving magical crystals, the power of friendship, and villains who speak entirely in cryptic paragraphs that don't actually say anything.

Thanks for the LP Id!

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
My only regret is that I never managed to photoshop Armisael into B-Ball monsters while Three welcomed Zero to the slam.

See y'all in a few years I guess. :v:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
It's always good to see a thread by you, TDI. Thanks for the ride. :unsmith:

Viola the Mad fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 21, 2015

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Thank you for playing this so I didn't have to.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Glad I managed to catch up with this. The final boss was amazing and one of the reasons I respect (?) Taro Yoko so much. He's daring and offbeat, and there aren't many games these days that will deliberately gently caress with the player the way his games do. It's great how he managed to make a similar gimmick with different mechanics.

The LP was great, the ending was great, I look forward to future endeavors on both side. Darth Yoko's train is a train I'll ride til the end, where it'll derail hilariously right before we reach that point.

EDIT: I've shown the final battle to my sis who thought it looked pretty. Another friend thought I was pulling an elaborate prank on him, especially when he saw the final boss. Good times have come from this game getting the LP it deserves. :allears:

Still tempted to dust my own copy off to baffle the rest of my friends. :getin:

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 21, 2015

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

I still say TDI made this game.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Decided to buy the game once and for all, and I'm in the middle of Branch C, it's been... a hell of a ride.
Gonna try and get the DLC so I don't have to grind so much.

Anyways, thanks for the LP Dark, hope everything goes well for you in real life. It's been a blast.

Medrex
Nov 17, 2012

Triangular. Nuclear. Loops.
Been following Id's LP's for a while now but this is the first one where I've followed the thread as it came out. Gotta say it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to.
Bloody good show TDI.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thanks for doing this, I don't have a PS3 and I really wanted to see this story.

The LP was great, man.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Great job with the LP!

Looking forward to Nier 2.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thank you for coming back TDI. You were sorely missed as both an entertainer and as a human being.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Bad Seafood posted:

Speaking of war crimes, since he never cropped up in the game proper, here's a little Caim for the road:

Thanks again Id, for this LP and all the others! See you when Nier 2 rolls around! :)

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Camel Pimp posted:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This has been quite the experience. I look forward to what you do next TDI. As an aside, I'm a little disappointed I (or anyone else) never found a moment to use this:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Elric posted:

I still say TDI made this game.

Come to think of it; TDI didn't show the end-game credits, did he? :tinfoil:

Also thank you for continuing to dove this poo poo so we don't have to, TDI.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
This was one hell of a trainwreck. Thanks, TDI, for barely tolerating the thread to get this done.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Thanks for making this wonderful LP, TDI.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Marathoning this thread had been a blast, Id. Can't wait to follow the next one update-to-update.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Come to think of it; TDI didn't show the end-game credits, did he? :tinfoil:
Rewatch the end of Branch D. The credits are right there, underscored by This Silence is Mine.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cya for nier 2 :)

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

There is nothing more that can be said, I think. It was a fun ride and now I can talk to my friend (who is a fan) about it and not have to just shrug.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
I feel especially glad I was able to follow this LP as it was happening. Was one hell of a ride, revisiting this crazy game via this thread.

Godspeed, Id.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Thank you for doing all this Id. From RE4 to here, it's been a hell of a ride.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
There once was a man from Oxnard
Who played a game of great regard
Sometimes he wanted to quit
But mostly he loved this poo poo
What can we say, but "Drakengard!"?

...I have no idea if TDI is from Oxnard, but gently caress it. Great thread and LP, as always. Thanks for all you do, Dark Id!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Awesome LP as always, Id, love your work.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011
I started reading this LP really late, but it was great while it lasted.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I preordered this game for the soundtrack. I was blown away.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thank you Id for sharing this game with everyone smart enough not to pay money for the privilege.

Octa best.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
Thanks. I enjoyed this from top to bottom.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I enjoyed it front to rear.

But yeah. It's a legitimately fun game with an interesting plot. My only gripe is the camera, honestly..

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't have anything interesting to say, so here's Setz's newest D3 drawing.

It's a metaphor, see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I don't have anything interesting to say, so here's Setz's newest D3 drawing.

Oh my god Mikhail is still the best. :3:

Thanks for the LP, TDI. As someone who only found your archived stuff before now, I'm happy to have gotten to experience one of these horrific trainwrecks of amazing from the very beginning.

• Locked thread