Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I don't have anything interesting to say, so here's Setz's newest D3 drawing.

It's a metaphor, see.

Ha!

The Dumbass note is a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentbrains
Mar 18, 2009
As always, thanks for you continuing coverage of Yoko Taro's works.
Hopefully Nier 2 will be, uh, fun.
...Hopefully.
(drakengard!)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Thanks for this LP Id, it was insanely good. Looking forward to whatever you do next!

Anonymous Guevara
Sep 12, 2009
It was a helluva ride! Thanks for sharing the game with everyone, I loved watching the reactions and reliving the experience! Well, without spending days on that final boss. That part I'm happy I didn't have to relive.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It was everything I dreamed of and more.

I still think the last post of this thread will be the Drakengard credits with The Dark Id in it and TROLLED BY THE DARK ID as a banner. :colbert:

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks for continuing the LP even after exploding.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Thanks for the thread, TDI! It was great to see another Drakengard! game LP'd by you! Hopefully it's the last!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ApeHawk posted:

Thanks for the thread, TDI! It was great to see another Drakengard! game LP'd by you! Hopefully it's the last!

Well that's just silly, who wouldn't want All The Drakengard?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

McTimmy posted:

"What the gently caress...? What the gently caress?!" doesn't even begin to describe this game.

The first words I spoke in the original Drakengard thread have yet to be proven wrong.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the LP Id, this is probably the best way for me to experience these games, as these days my gaming skills are completely rusted. And I always sucked at rhythm games anyway (could never even get past the tutorial in Parappa the Rapper).

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Unlike someone living in the Drakengard universe, I'm a bit sad it's over.

Maybe then next game will require a full set of Rock Band peripherals to beat the final boss.

Thanks Id.

Thid.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Thanks for showing us the amazing train wreck, Id.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Thanks for making another great LP, Id.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Things happend, other things existed. Some more than others.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Thanks for the great LP, Id!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Huh. Wasn't there talk about an ending E earlier? Weird.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Great LP, eagerly awaiting The HD Adventures Of Billy Cohen :v:

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
A fine LP. Thanks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking forward to seeing you at the next S-E press conference being introduced as Yoko Taro's test subject, TDI.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Aurain posted:

Looking forward to seeing you at the next S-E press conference being introduced as Yoko Taro's test subject, TDI.

Hey, you noticed how Taro never shows his face in public?

Has anyone seen him and Id in the same room at the same time?

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
Congratulations on a thread well done, TDI

Onto the next!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

chiasaur11 posted:

Hey, you noticed how Taro never shows his face in public?
He has at least once that I know of.

I don't have the link on hand, but it was that big seminar he did on his writing process; the one where he talks about writing with the ending in mind.

Sensible
Mar 10, 2013
Dark Id continues to be the best poster in this subforum. Thanks for the ride and I hope everyone remembers to save their ticket stubs for next time.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Thank you very much for another great LP ID. Rollercoaster ride of WTF from start to finish, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
This was my first Dark Id thread, and I must say it was everything the rumors said it would be like. Insane, despair inducing, and sometimes hilarious. Mostly insane though. Thanks for doing this, and I hope to be there for NIER2!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bad Seafood posted:

He has at least once that I know of.

I don't have the link on hand, but it was that big seminar he did on his writing process; the one where he talks about writing with the ending in mind.

Yes, that's because Id is Taro's gestalt. One day they will reunite (and the universe will probably end.)

What I'm saying is: never the twain shall meet.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
One question I still have: exactly what happened that forced Michael to reincarnate himself as Mikhail? Unless I missed it, he's shown going from Michael to Mikhail during the timeskip after Zero's failed attack on her sisters and at that point, it doesn't seem like they did much beyond hanging around her cabin. I assume it's meant to be left as a mystery but it seems like a pretty major detail to skip over, although I suppose that's just how Taro rolls.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Farewell Drakengard, may bizarre anime girl hive-mind robot time lords actually keep your misery contained this time.

WhalerWren
Oct 9, 2012
It was fun! Congrats on the LP, TDI.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

AnotherGamer posted:

One question I still have: exactly what happened that forced Michael to reincarnate himself as Mikhail? Unless I missed it, he's shown going from Michael to Mikhail during the timeskip after Zero's failed attack on her sisters and at that point, it doesn't seem like they did much beyond hanging around her cabin. I assume it's meant to be left as a mystery but it seems like a pretty major detail to skip over, although I suppose that's just how Taro rolls.
Dragons get a wish when they die. Michael used his wish to reincarnate himself as Mikhail. This is explained in-game but not lingered on, so I can see how you might've missed it.

Back when the game first came out though, before anything was translated but Japanese people were streaming their copies, several people speculated Gabriel's attack in the prologue damaged Michael's psyche, reducing him to a child-like state. Though this ended up not being the case, it still rings a little true on a thematic level with Zero forced to care for Mikhail, her frustration with him and attachment to him due in part to memories of who he used to be.

But now they're all together. :gbsmith:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

It's been a hell of a ride. Thanks for continuing to show off all the crazy poo poo Taro puts out.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Thanks again for a great LP (that I had to marathon my way through because I fell so far behind)!

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Bad Seafood posted:

Dragons get a wish when they die. Michael used his wish to reincarnate himself as Mikhail. This is explained in-game but not lingered on, so I can see how you might've missed it.

I didn't miss that part, what I'm confused about is exactly WHAT killed him during that time perioid: like I said, it doesn't seem the 2 did much in the way of adventuring after the failed attack on the other sisters and all additional DLC takes place before he and Zero became friends to begin with.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the excellent LP, Id! I finally bought Nier because of this thread and did not buy Drakengard 3, so I consider it a win.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
See you in Nier 2, Id :D

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Thanks for the LP, Dark Id. Immensely enjoyable as always.

Now for the love of God stop flogging yourself for the sake of sadistic goons and enjoy some good family time or something.

I must admit I too am still not certain Id didn't have a hand in writing this game, but no way to know for certain so that's all there is to that :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks for the LP.

...You're done now. It's over. Y-you can go play a fun game again. It's okay.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Great LP, glad I was able to catch one of yours in progress! Watched from page 1, never posted. Now I dance.

La la la la la.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

AnotherGamer posted:

I didn't miss that part, what I'm confused about is exactly WHAT killed him during that time perioid: like I said, it doesn't seem the 2 did much in the way of adventuring after the failed attack on the other sisters and all additional DLC takes place before he and Zero became friends to begin with.

Michael shields Zero from a bigass attack from Gabriel right at the end of the prologue.

• Locked thread