Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
it's never too early to get a good bar seat warsz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

is it possible to stream this fight, does anyone know?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

V. Illych L. posted:

every sporting event streaming site i've ever used has looked about as reputable as a lot lizard

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

mooyashi posted:

it's never too early to get a good bar seat warsz

yeah i have to corral another lawyer otherwise i probably would have shown up at noon

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

mooyashi posted:

every sporting event streaming site i've ever used has looked about as reputable as a lot lizard

yes, same here, this is why i'm asking the thread for better options

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

he did idf service and didnt even get laid

its something i can believe

V. Illych L. posted:

yes it is. do you have hbogo?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The Warszawa posted:

yeah i have to corral another lawyer otherwise i probably would have shown up at noon

gently caress that go grab your seat and shrug when they can't find one

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
the last time i showed up early looking nice to a bar to grab an early seat was... the 2012 election :negative:

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

mooyashi posted:

gently caress that go grab your seat and shrug when they can't find one

i've got his ticket

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
all the avatars that you people have earned since i've been last are amazing.

migf you're slippin buddy

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
hustling people for drinks on state by state return bets was the most proud and ashamed of myself i've been at once

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The Warszawa posted:

i've got his ticket

how do public business PPV charges work anyway, (fire code occupancy) x (price)?

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

mooyashi posted:

how do public business PPV charges work anyway, (fire code occupancy) x (price)?

that's what i saw in an article, yeah

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

mooyashi posted:

hustling people for drinks on state by state return bets was the most proud and ashamed of myself i've been at once

lol i did this for the 2010 midterms and the 2012 election

i was a weird law student

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

this is boxing so no unless you want to pay

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Is it margarita time? I don't want another earthquake to spill my drink.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Is it margarita time? I don't want another earthquake to spill my drink.

as warren spector says, it's always margarita time

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
frozen margaritas are haram tho

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

lol i did this for the 2010 midterms and the 2012 election

i was a weird law student

warsz as someone who is actually excited for this thing you might be able to explain it better than randler, why is this fight hyped? is their any legitimate basis or did it just get meme'd or what

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Jagchosis posted:

warsz as someone who is actually excited for this thing you might be able to explain it better than randler, why is this fight hyped? is their any legitimate basis or did it just get meme'd or what

the dying breaths of boxing right before your eyes

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Jagchosis posted:

they've been cockteasing each other for about 5 years about it, when it probably would have been better, but here we are

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i have found that i really like gimlets. they're probably my favourite drink to make at home, for myself and anyone i've got visiting

it's so easy and so good

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

V. Illych L. posted:

i have found that i really like gimlets. they're probably my favourite drink to make at home, for myself and anyone i've got visiting

it's so easy and so good

VIL here's some common ground for us

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
QUESTION do you prefer to squeeze limes or use sweetened lime juice (this is not a trick question)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

mooyashi posted:

QUESTION do you prefer to squeeze limes or use sweetened lime juice (this is not a trick question)

if at a bar i prefer them to use lime juice b/c few bars/resturants clean their limes

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

nutranurse posted:

if at a bar i prefer them to use lime juice b/c few bars/resturants clean their limes

god i hate when they stick the little plastic pick in it and just toss it in your drink. i always throw my citrus away at bars if i can.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
although i gotta tell you that bottle of Rose's has probably been emptied and refilled at least ten times without a rinse, and also probably not with Rose's

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L.: how does norway/scandinavia view estonia/estonians

mooyashi posted:

god i hate when they stick the little plastic pick in it and just toss it in your drink. i always throw my citrus away at bars if i can.

yuuuup

ive seen a bartender drop a lime slice on the floor and then try to subtly put it right back in the drink and i told him "lol im not paying for that"

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
OPINION: health code laws that mandate serving sliced citrus fruit with tongs or picks are loving stupid as hell

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

those tongs are never cleaned

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

V. Illych L.: how does norway/scandinavia view estonia/estonians

slightly related, i knew a finnish guy who was always annoyed at them for stealing their national anthem

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Jagchosis posted:

they're probably the two best fighters of their generation and the generation immediately following (though the fact that we're far enough into that second generation to be able to say that is a knock against the timing of this fight), and yes it should have happened in 09/10. they've got a lot more wear on them than they did in their primes, but they're still the top of their sport.

they're also consummate showmen who, through a combination of savvy promotion and actually being good boxers, have become household names in a time when boxing commands less and less of the combat sport market share to say nothing of the sport market share generally.

this is the last boxing match (that we can foresee) that sells itself in america - i don't want to rule out a rallying talent like de la hoya who reinvigorates the sport by being fun to watch coming along, but there doesn't appear to be one.

lest you think this is all historical hype, no, hbo and showtime have loving broken backs to push this fight as a huge event. so it's both legitimate and meme'd i guess.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

nutranurse posted:

those tongs are never cleaned

they are. once. at the end of the night after ~15 people have had their hands on them after doing god knows what.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

mooyashi posted:

uh freshly squeezed how is this even a thing

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The Warszawa posted:

uh freshly squeezed how is this even a thing

bars v. home preparation, homie. i've gone through the effort to squeeze fresh for gimlets but most people who order them legit expect sweetened lime juice.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

boxing will be revived when we have robot boxing, mark my words robobloodsports will be awesome

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
like, if someone over 25 asks for a gimlet i'll at least ASK but even then it's 80/20 Rose's to fresh

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

afaik boxing died around 1980 with a brief resurgence in the 90s when tyson wrecked a bunch of bum-fights graduates and bit off noted not-a-bum evander holyfield's ear. with heavyweight boxing dead and money still having to be made, attention turned towards the lower weight classes and it turns out there are only two boxers who aren't total jokes - mayweather and pacquiao. they both spent 90% of their career just dodging each other and collecting meaningless titles but at 36 and 38, the money gods of boxing have decided to force them to fight each other. the fight is special because it should have happened ages ago and because there's a stupid amount of money to be made.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

nutranurse posted:

boxing will be revived when we have robot boxing, mark my words robobloodsports will be awesome

lubricant sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

mooyashi posted:

bars v. home preparation, homie. i've gone through the effort to squeeze fresh for gimlets but most people who order them legit expect sweetened lime juice.

huh weird

i only get lime juice in my rum & cokes b/c they're cuba libres goddammit

• Locked thread