Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

2007: Bulgaria and Roumania join the European Suicide Pact

mooyashi posted:

QUESTION do you prefer to squeeze limes or use sweetened lime juice (this is not a trick question)

i prefer to squeeze them tbh, then mix in sugar brine afterwards. exact ratios vary according to how limey i'm feeling

when i'm just slacking off at home i'll use rose's, though, it's much less effort and it's not actually worse imo, just a little boring after a while

nutranurse posted:

V. Illych L.: how does norway/scandinavia view estonia/estonians

they're basically part of the Not-Russian Near Slav stereotype to us, which is to say we don't really distinguish between them and the other baltics+poland. in norway, they are sort of similar to how many hispanics are seen in america.

nobody cares about how northern they seem to imagine they are, even if our ancestors did murder, pillage and force their religion on theirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

nutranurse posted:

boxing will be revived when we have robot boxing, mark my words robobloodsports will be awesome

up until robo civil rights are passed

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Badger of Basra posted:

lubricant sports

reality is a little ahead of you there

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

R. Mute posted:

afaik boxing died around 1980 with a brief resurgence in the 90s when tyson wrecked a bunch of bum-fights graduates and bit off noted not-a-bum evander holyfield's ear. with heavyweight boxing dead and money still having to be made, attention turned towards the lower weight classes and it turns out there are only two boxers who aren't total jokes - mayweather and pacquiao. they both spent 90% of their career just dodging each other and collecting meaningless titles but at 36 and 38, the money gods of boxing have decided to force them to fight each other. the fight is special because it should have happened ages ago and because there's a stupid amount of money to be made.

nah you're forgetting the de la hoya resurgence, plus more than a few of mayweather's and pacquiao's opponents were no jokes

heavyweight boxing has always ebbed and flowed imo but then again i've never really been a fan

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
the only problem with gimlets is that they're loving delicious and after eight of them you've just drank a half cup of lime juice and now your tum-tum is all cranky

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i will march arm in arm with our mechanical brothers and sisters

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

mooyashi posted:

the only problem with gimlets is that they're loving delicious and after eight of them you've just drank a half cup of lime juice and now your tum-tum is all cranky

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

roboboxing causes permanent mainframe damage.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

boxing will be revived when we have robot boxing, mark my words robobloodsports will be awesome

Haven't the rockem sockem boys been through enough?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
is nobody going to talk about Buster Douglas here come on he had a SEGA game that was in no way a middle finger to Nintendo's PUNCH-OUT

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

kustomkarkommando posted:

roboboxing causes permanent mainframe damage.

"they're not people, who cares" robot manufacturers will claim

well i care.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i will be organicist as poo poo to robots

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

"they're not people, who cares" robot manufacturers will claim

well i care.

We will all care when the first robofighter with a damaged central processor forgets the first law and goes on a killing spree

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
*disrupts a roomba*

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

roboculture is inherently violent.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

mooyashi posted:

i will be organicist as poo poo to robots

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

We will all care when the first robofighter with a damaged central processor forgets the first law and goes on a killing spree

i for one will welcome our new robot overlords

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

they're probably the two best fighters of their generation and the generation immediately following (though the fact that we're far enough into that second generation to be able to say that is a knock against the timing of this fight), and yes it should have happened in 09/10. they've got a lot more wear on them than they did in their primes, but they're still the top of their sport.

they're also consummate showmen who, through a combination of savvy promotion and actually being good boxers, have become household names in a time when boxing commands less and less of the combat sport market share to say nothing of the sport market share generally.

this is the last boxing match (that we can foresee) that sells itself in america - i don't want to rule out a rallying talent like de la hoya who reinvigorates the sport by being fun to watch coming along, but there doesn't appear to be one.

lest you think this is all historical hype, no, hbo and showtime have loving broken backs to push this fight as a huge event. so it's both legitimate and meme'd i guess.

ah thanks, though personally i am far more hyped for mitt romney's boxing match in 2 weeks

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
i like how we're just going fullsteam ahead w/ humanoid robots because why not

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

nutranurse posted:

i like how we're just going fullsteam ahead w/ humanoid robots because why not

we've got to see which sci-fi movie got our interactions with them right first

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
The Mechanical Statue and the Ingenious Servant was right all along...

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
should employers of sentient robots be obliged to provide free mind backups to their robot workers in case of damage?

i say: yes

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
also human beings love golem mythology like CRAZY come on

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

full robo-communism now

they're even called a slavic term of "worker", it's perfect

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
that was my favorite part about Superman, combining ancient Jewish myths of the golem and Moses into a dude that has lazer eyes

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If a robot is allowed to vote it will vote logically and without prejudice.

A blatant subversion of the democratic process

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
January 9, 2007: Apple Inc.'s CEO and founder, Steve Jobs, announces the first generation iPhone (it goes on sale in the United States on June 29, 2007).

It's kinda sad to think that Steve Jobs died less than ten years after the first iPhone was released.:(

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

If a robot is allowed to vote it will vote logically and without prejudice.

A blatant subversion of the democratic process

3.141592 compromise

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
looks like public school isn't entire garbage because i somehow pulled that out of my rear end and wootled softly after googling pi digits

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Warszawa posted:

nah you're forgetting the de la hoya resurgence, plus more than a few of mayweather's and pacquiao's opponents were no jokes

heavyweight boxing has always ebbed and flowed imo but then again i've never really been a fan
tbh i barely follow boxing at all. i like watching golden age heavyweight matches and maybe one or two tyson fights, but that's about it.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
tyson is a crazy hosed up dude who found penitance and humility after maybe raping someone and blowing a fortune but was a seriously amazing boxer to watch

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

what's everyone's thoughts on the McKinley assassination

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

free silver

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Berke Negri posted:

he got a mountain out of it for a while

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fade5 posted:

January 9, 2007: Apple Inc.'s CEO and founder, Steve Jobs, announces the first generation iPhone (it goes on sale in the United States on June 29, 2007).

It's kinda sad to think that Steve Jobs died less than ten years after the first iPhone was released.:(

yeah he should have died more than 10 years earlier

Berke Negri posted:

deserved

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
lol well this was perhaps excessively early

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The Warszawa posted:

lol well this was perhaps excessively early

put a gimlet on my tab

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i hope the fight ends in a first round KO (thats how boxing works right) and a sad trombone plays in the background

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Jagchosis posted:

i hope the fight ends in a first round KO (thats how boxing works right) and a sad trombone plays in the background

it won't, neither of them are knockout punchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

it won't, neither of them are knockout punchers

so my other hope that one of them goes pulp fiction bruce willis and kills the other is also out of the question? drat

• Locked thread