Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Here's my thing:

I picked this up off craigslist a couple of years ago. It came with 3 lenses (50, 90, 150mm,) some film holders (35mm slide, 6x6, 6x4.5, 4x5,) timer, filters (b&w and color,) and trays. I don't shoot 4x5, but some day I'd like to and use this thing to its full potential. You can even mount the enlarger horizontally to project onto a wall! :getin: Buuut I've no means of developing large sheets of paper..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Spedman posted:

I have done c-prints before with the RA4 kit, papers (which I have about 200 sheets sitting in draws somewhere) filters and eternal darkness.

Hands RA-4 Print by mr_student, on Flickr
That's awesome. I've been thinking about doing RA4, but I've yet to setup my enlarger so I don't have a workflow. I might just get myself some yellow LEDs around 590nm, wire 'em up and see if I can use indirect light to help me out while printing.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'd say the hardest part is getting used to your setup/routine and getting into the rhythm (particularly if you've never done it before or haven't done it in a while.)

For safelights, I bought these and they work really well. They're discontinued, but the store has these which look like they'll work just as well, if not better.

Unrelated, I seem to have "misplaced" my pack of 8x10 and 11x14 paper when I moved apartments. Money down the drain. :smith: Well, they were RC paper, so I guess this is a good time as any to switch to FB and give that a shot. :v:

krnhotwings fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 19, 2015

• Locked thread