Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

So I got two boxes of colored paper and no idea how a color darkroom is set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

Does anyone keep some sort of print log for their pictures? I have a habit of writing down what I'm developing and how when working with film, stuff like stock, chemicals, dilution, and times, but never usually brought that to printing until recently.

Stuff like naming each roll, picking out frames from contact sheets, frame #, etc.

I'm overcome with the desire to put some order to this process, instead of printing what I feel like at the moment.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

Spedman posted:

I would also log the temperature of your chemicals too.

That's crazy talk.

I use a gang darkroom anyway, but I can't imagine it'll be anything close to 70-75F. For my own sake, I'm sure I'll take measurements a couple of times, tho I honestly stopped temperature measurements a long time ago since the darkroom and it's water never deviated significantly in all the years I've been there.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

My prof used 90lb Hot Pressed 22x30 by Saunders, Winsor Newton, or Arches 140lbs paper.

Takes that kind of abuse from what I've seen getting multiple coats of Gum bichromate.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

peroxide helps with bringing out tones as well.

i tried looking for posts by my old professor, but he focuses more on gum bichromate and i didnt want to bother sifting through images of drinks and his wife to find them.

you can bring more tone out by working the curves of the negative in photoshop, but you'll have to experiment to find what works.

also, i dont know if layering cyanotype works

• Locked thread