Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
first class in my Alternative Processes course at SFAI was today. we made photogenic drawings (aka salt print photograms).

swabbed salt solution on gloved hand, pressed hand to paper, swabbed silver nitrate on paper, exposed to light, rinsed, stabilized in potassium bromide

I forgot which side I put the silver nitrate on and got bebsi

fresh leaves don't transmit UV very well

I've been away from darkrooms for three years and forgot that fixer is different from hypo-clear. also I mashed down on the paper too hard while coating it

next week: 4x5 cameras (to make sure we know how to take a good shot for the platinum printing section) and cyanotypes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

ordered final project supplies for my alt process class

:shepspends:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Catsby posted:

Hi, first post on the forum, pls let me know if I am loving up.

Where do you guys buy cyanotype chemicals, and how is it with shipping it across international borders?
I set my kitchen up as a dark room back in February, but only managed to knock a few prints out before the nights got too bright to keep my kitchen light tight (I live in Norway.
So, I'm thinking cyanotype prints are actually going to be easier to do for me at times of the year.
Really looking forward to setting up my enlarger again one of these days, the nights are getting darker every day.

Included is the best photo I have, ofone of the few prints I had time to make back in winter. Yes, it's RC paper. I was given it for free, and this was my first time ever wet printing so I had to teach myself how to do it.
It was printed off an obscenely thin D3200 neg, so I'm quite happy with how it came out, but am looking forward to printing off more quality negs this winter.

no idea about internationally, but I buy from Bostick & Sullivan

Pham Nuwen posted:

What paper do you guys like to use for cyanotypes? I've had pretty reasonable results with pads of watercolor paper from the craft store, but I'd be interested in what your preferences are.

Canson sketchbook paper works pretty nicely.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

here's an alternative process i've been working on

original:

print:

• Locked thread