Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

We use them in college. They're decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
If I wanted to print a negative as a negative what would I have to take into account with the positive paper?

How does it work with filters? The Harman DPP tech sheet seems to say it's fine, and filters make a difference, but they only show a 3 1/2 filter.

What about exposure times? Am I looking at longer or shorter exposure times? They say the paper is about ISO 1 to 3, how does this compare to regular multigrade paper? I know I could make test strips, but the paper seems quite expensive and I'm in a perpetual state of brokeness.

I've just come into a negative that I much prefer as a negative image in comparison to a positive. I'd quite like to see it printed large in it's negative format. Maybe my first step should be printing the negative from a scan as the negative.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

nielsm posted:

Considering the cost of direct positive paper, consider making an intermediate paper "negative", i.e. a regular positve print of your negative in the final size, then use that for contact printing.

How would I contact print from, say, and 8x10 of a 35mm print?

I have a regular print, but I don't know how I'd turn that into a negative, if that's what you're saying? Or how I could make a 35mm positive from the negative? I presume something transparent would be involved at some stage.

• Locked thread