Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

WELCOME LADIES AND GERMS to the YOSPOS Back2Basics Flame War! The very name of OUR GREAT FORUM is, in case u forgot:

Your OPERATIOING SYSTEM IS A PEICE OF poo poo !!

I feel strongly that this should be a FLAMING ENCOURAGED forum. for OS Preferences. So, last week we voted for who we want to represent the various factions in the inaugural YOSPOS flame war. here's the tally for th0ose who missed it in the last thread:

quote:

Shaggar-win 34
Shadowhawk-linux 14
cremnob osx 19
susp dish-linux 11
Pram-osx 14
Pagancow-win 2
Pleasureevin-osx 6
Bsd-linux 16
Moocow-linux 2
fishmech-linux 2
FIshmech-win 3
Theadder-osx 1
Smythe-linuyx 4
Wootman-win 1
sysv fanfic-linux 1

dun dun dun Drum Roll please in glorios 800x600 or something if orgot

So, wthout further adieu *clears throat and glares at the spotlight operator*

:siren:
rules:
- cONTEstents MUST make AT LEAST a showing in this thread that I by own discretion determine to be a respectable effort. no rule lawyering

- Contestants are to FLAME THE OTHER OSs and Make the case as to WHY theirs is the best. We all know how to do this, take a que from Shaggar if you're new to this game. he has a long and powerful post history of Windows Zealotry. Also Notorious BSD has a strong history of spamming for Linux and Pram is another gold standard of Flaming OSs.

- Everyone else who posts ITT has a roll of between 1-30. 1-15= probe. 15-29=live 30=get a FLAME WARRIOR custom title. (Contestants dont get probed)

- Winner of the Flame War gets the FLAME MASTER custom title and top billing in the next BANME as the Flame Master!!

Heres my gay fail tags. If one of you Graphic whizkids can make better ones I encourage you to do so. pelase.. lol

well.. have fun everybody. I encourage y9ou to ROOT for your guy. IDEALLY CHEER FOR GOOD FLAMES AND NOT BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL OS PREFERENCE. In the end tho im the ref and choose by my sole discretion and I personally white knight for CHROMEOS as you may know so im not biased here hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Ground floor

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

du -hast posted:

Ground floor

Result:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Wat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Result:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Well that's a relief

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Well that's a relief

Result:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
hell ya go shags!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

hell ya go shags!

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
sorry dude lol.. really sorry

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
I believe in s hagger

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hmmmmmm, 2 on 1?? i don't think that's gonna be fair, for the linux users :twisted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FamDav posted:

I believe in s hagger

Result:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

posting for a 30....i'm feelign lucky

team shaggar

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Roosevelt posted:

posting for a 30....i'm feelign lucky

team shaggar

Result:

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Shaggar posted:

hmmmmmm, 2 on 1?? i don't think that's gonna be fair, for the linux users :twisted:

hail satan

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FamDav posted:

hail satan

Result:

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Smythe posted:

Result:

!!!!!!!

*image of flustered Japanese dude*

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Wait is cremnob or pram putting their life on the line for osx cause that's cremnobs avatar in the image

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

hail satan, team shaggar, etc

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
shaggar is gonna shag the opposition. thats right, hes gonna gently caress them. gently caress them right up

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
OSX ftw!

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
if any of the contestants need help, ive used all of those OSes before

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FamDav posted:

!!!!!!!

*image of flustered Japanese dude*

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cat Face Joe posted:

Wait is cremnob or pram putting their life on the line for osx cause that's cremnobs avatar in the image

cremnob got the most votes so its him. for inspiration tho, i suggest taking a look at prams post history. hes good at flaming people.

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Testiclops posted:

hail satan, team shaggar, etc

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Valeyard posted:

shaggar is gonna shag the opposition. thats right, hes gonna gently caress them. gently caress them right up

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

eric posted:

OSX ftw!

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Flat Daddy posted:

if any of the contestants need help, ive used all of those OSes before

Result:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!
the rules do NOT state that smyth is exempt from the probe test.. id like some clarification here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

wesley snypes posted:

the rules do NOT state that smyth is exempt from the probe test.. id like some clarification here

i am

Result:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
osx baby!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Result:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
First, a lil history lesson. When Microsoft and Bill Gates invented windows back in 1983, it revolutionized the computer industry and single handedly invented the personal computer. Prior to windows, computers were either big ugly things made by ibm that had punch cards or terminals( or other really awful archaic input methods) or they were crappy hobbyist machines u litterrally bought out of the back of a van owned by some smelly hippie..

the ibm ones were litterrallly huge. bigger even than an iphone 6+ (but not as bendy lol)!! they would take up your entire barn and you had to pay millions of dollars for them and they couldn't even play video games.

Then slick billy gates came in and changed all of it. For the first time users could actually use the computer to do things. And not just things, but things that they wanted to do. Windows was the first os with Apps. It even came with them installed. If you wanted more, you could just go get some! People made loads of apps for windows and suddenly everyone everywhere wanted windows so they could use the apps. There were games and office and productivity and everything else you could think of.

THen in 1984 in an attempt to try to keep up, apple released the mac and the mac os. This was a terrible turd based on STOLEN software that the evil steve jobs STOLE from Xerox. it was a massive flop selling only a handful of units to a lot of really stupid people. Everyone who bought a mac was laughed at and they would get all defensive about their mac purchase and cry themselves to sleep about how much more superior windows and windows users were. This was the creation of the mac user. The mac user is the person who always must hate was is good, and love what is bad.

The mac user's idol is steve jobs, head theif of apple. He was a terrible terrible person, but thankfully he is dead now. Steve jobs had kids w/ women he abused and then refused to acknowledge that the children were his or even that they existed! He also stole a dudes liver! like just took it from him right out of his body! later he was fired from apple after the second mac (the lisa) was an even bigger failure than the first one. he went on to found another company that made failzone computers called nextstep which also went out of business cause no one wanted crappy computers that were expensive and didn't run windows.

Then later while Apple was circling the drain, Bill Gates came in and saved them from death with a massive cash infusion. They hired steve jobs back and then invented the ipod which sold a whole bunch and from then on Apple realized that trying to compete with Microsoft in computers was a huge waste of time and that selling mp3 players made by 3rd world labor would be better. They then abandoned the old mac os which was a giant turd and switched to using a linux based os called OS X cause it was free and they didn't have to do much anyways cause mac users will use whatever apple creates.

What is linux, you ask? Well now is the time when we reach that part of the story!

Linux is an operating system for computers invented by a finn named Linux Torvoldos. Linux was not well known (because it was and is really bad) up until the late 90s which when that smelly dork in high school started talking about it all the time. you see that smelly dork had problems at home and hated his parents so he refused to use their superior windows operation system and decided to use linux instead. Windows just worked and the linux was the total opposite. Linux required that the smelly dork fix it all the time. Linux is like an old dodge van. it was never good when it was new and it always required maintenance, but by golly it was cheap and suited the needs of the pedophiles that used it.

You see, operating systems carry with them all the attributes of their inventor. Windows is full of win cause bill gates is rich as hell, smart, and nice to everyone. Mac os is full of shame and fail because that's what steve job felt about his life right up until his pathetic death. Linux is full of apathy and tedium cause that's what its like to be a finn, trapped in a frozen wasteland with nothing to eat but fermented fish. you would invent linux too if you were a fin..

So where are they now?
Well steve jobs is dead. He died of shame and fail aids after trying to treat his cancer with fruit. The doctors said "no, steve, no! please use actual medicine instead of fruit!" and steve said "hah, i know more than the doctors" which is true cause he knew how to die of cancer while having all the resources to cure it at hand. Now that hes dead apple is even worse off than ever. The hack jonny ives, who originally was restricted to making really bad hardware like mice and keyboards that don't work, is now making software that doesn't work and is hideous. OSX is about on par with other famous linux distros like unbunutu or red hate, but you can only get it on a mac. and no one buys macs cause they don't even come with windows so their worthless.

Linux Torvoldos is still puttering around finnland making changes to his namesake os as he feels like it. Sometimes he makes funny polls to name things in linux. i think he has kids?? so he probably does dad things with them. I guess hes kind of a dick but that's to be expected cause he has to deal w/ the kind of people who work in the linux world. Hes mostly harmless except he also invented git which is a version control system for 3rd world countries with no internet. its really bad but like most bad things linux users seem to like it a lot.

Bill Gates is still rich as hell and is now retired from computers. After inventing the computing industry and putting windows on 90% of all computers, he is now hard at work on saving the world. yes he is litterrally working on saving the world. that's the kind of guy he is. hes really cool.

OSX still exists, but we don't know for how much longer. the hack Jon ives is probably going to replace it with his IOS which is for phones and not comptuers but mac users probably wont be able to tell the difference.
Linux is still around i guess, but you don't really hear much about it these days.
Windows is still everywhere. Its the best and everyone uses it because of that. They're going to come out with a new versions soon, but its al;ready so good that they have trouble trying to find things to add so they keep loving w/ the icons and stuff.

Well, that's a quick rundown of computer operation system history.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Shaggar posted:

First, a lil history lesson. [...]

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!
shaggars name is a killing word

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Shaggar FTW

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Shaggar posted:

Linux is like an old dodge van. it was never good when it was new and it always required maintenance, but by golly it was cheap and suited the needs of the pedophiles that used it.

this is art

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shaggar posted:

steve jobs is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

all the shaggaring we have past endured, has been for this moment

atom by atom, post by post, his katana has been slowly honed into the perfect killing instrument, which we hae witnessed today

• Locked thread