Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Risotto! I'll see if I can dig up my old writeup. Also, baby potatoes come out buttery smooth with a pop to the skin in only three minutes. And dulce de leche

I also dont have a recipe, but I have to agree with this. I tried to mimic the butternut squash risotto from fresh n easy and was surprised at how easy and close I got.

My cooker is ancient, seals with a twist of the lid and has a manufactured hole(stem?) in the top of the lid.

The worst thing ive done is epically fail at making some gajar halwa in it. I forgot to turn off the heat once steam started escaping and in the process burned sugary carrots and condensed milk onto the bottom of the cooker. Im still trying to clean it, I've got a stubborn patch left after soaking for a month, boiling and scraping with coke, and lots of harsh language.

I'll get it clean someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
UPDATE! I do have the recipe for the risotto, well I have the ingredients, just sautee the onions and whatnot in the cooker then clamp down the lid, start steaming, KILL heat and let cook for 30min.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

EVG posted:

Is there a reason why you didn't just copy/paste that?

Oh, this bolognese was AMAZING. http://www.hippressurecooking.com/traditional-bolognese-sauce-in-half-the-time/

It was a shopping list

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
I made my own burrito bowl in 1.5hrs start to finish from dry beans. No soak required.

Not visible, stewed tomato for intense tomato flavor and Brown rice with a lemon twist.

Cost maaaaaaaaaybe 3bux a bowl (which were larger than Chipotlé portions by far).

Edit: grammar.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 24, 2017