Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
Any recipes for the compotes? I'm thinking about apple and ginger and I have some cherries I need to use up.

I leave out salt most of the time pressure cooking especially if other ingredients already have salt in them. Pressure cooking seems to dial up the saltiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
No need to brown anything. The Maillard reaction happens in a pressure cooker without any extra work.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I made a simple chicken soup the other day.

almost 7 lb whole chicken (innards removed)
1/2 pound carrots, bite size chunks
3 ribs celery, bite size chunks
1 small to medium size onion, diced
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 Bay leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups of water

Threw all the veggies in the bottom. Stuffed bird on top. Added seasonings and water. Did 6 minutes per pound and natural released for 15 minutes.

The chicken was fall apart tender and very easy to pull. I added back about half of it to the soup and the rest I saved in the freezer for another meal. This was in a 6qt pot. You could probably get away with a bigger bird and a little more liquid in an 8qt.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
Seems fine. I've done Kalua pork from NomNomPaleo and it takes the same amount of time.