Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I got a heavy discount on one of those ninja air fryer/pressure cooker/dehydrator/sous vide/blowjob things. Looking forward to making some amazing short ribs and possibly blowing up grandma.

Did pea and ham soup and yam fries already and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get my money's worth on soup, chilli and fries before the end of February at this rate.

Also gonna get fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm gonna do a bunch of ribs this week. Dry rub, pressure cook for half hr or so, baste and roast at around 370.

Can the ribs just just be rolled up and stuffed into the cooker for the pressure cook or does there need to be some airflow around them? Seems pretty obvious but I've said that before so...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Anne Whateley posted:

Rolled up and stuffed, on a trivet if it fits or on the bony tips if not. I do 45 minutes (depending on how stuffed), then take out and broil for 5 minutes each side. I'm not sure why you're roasting it there unless you're doing wet ribs and your goal is to reduce the sauce? Seems easier just to reduce it but ymmv. Otoh if you want to use the oven you could just oven all the way.

That's what I was thinking.

I meant broil/air fry after the pressure cook to get some texture going, then probably a quick baste and another 5 mins to crust it up a little.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
What kind of beans?

I cook black beans for 30 mins and natural release for 15 a d they're about right.

Oh wait, that might be chickpeas. gently caress.

Here it is. This page is great coz the guy did some actual experiments and lay his results out well. Soak vs non soak etc etc:
https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-chickpeas/

Outrail fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 27, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Don't forget altitude

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Doom Rooster posted:

Hello pressure cooker thread. My new Instant Pot Pro 8qt arrived today. First up is the Kenji chicken chili verde. What else should I prioritize making with my new gadget.

I like beans. I have many beans. I will be making lots of beans.

chilli

rice and bean stew

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If you're doing any kind of soupy rice dish use brown rice. You won't notice it's brown rice but it'll hold together instead of becoming a pastelike mash.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

That this is even legal is amazing.

More money. For me. And your money for me too.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
The ninja foodie is pretty good with saute temps.

I don't usually like stupid appliances but that thing is loving amazing. I use the oven maybe once every month or two now.

My wings are unofficially better than the local pubs.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I like to waft some into my face to get an idea of how badly I hosed the food up.

Unrelated, saag in the pressure cooker is really easy and ridiculously good. Throw in frozen spinich, the rest of the ingredients (except yogurt) and a quarter cup of water, pressure cook for 10 minutes, stir in the yogurt and its done.

Put in paneer for normal saag paneer or chicken/ham/whatever if you're a heathen.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 14, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I got the two lids. I love the stupid thing.

It's lasted pretty good so far, lots of moving parts so I'm not hopeful

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Enough to just cover the bones usualy?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
In that case you'll need to fill it to 110%.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Just got half a lamb and super looking forward to cooking a shoulder for an hour in vegie stock before blasting it in the air fryer to crisp up a pseudo sear. I'm 50% certain it'll come out just as good as a 5hr slow roast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If you want to see what's going on in there just pop the lid off do not do this see thread title for details.