Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
The very first time I used mine it was really difficult to get the silicone to fit around the metal rail - it was just a tiny bit too long and would bunch up when trying to seal the final 1-2 inches. I guess it shrank slightly after heating, though, because it was only an issue for the first couple uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
The instant pot butter chicken, Google turns up a million results and I don't remember which one is the original
Kenji's green chile pork
Chicken stock in 2 hours, ezpz
I made these baked beans with a few modifications (molasses instead of sugar, 1 ancho and one New Mexico for peppers) and they were good

My only regret of instant pot ownership is that I already own one and couldn't justify buying R2D2

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

wormil posted:

You can buy r2d2 wraps on Etsy.

:prepop: So I can have an R2D2 IP and stick it to Disney?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I used to just throw a tea towel (folded a few times) over the valve and that worked well enough to scatter the steam and blunt the noise.

My new(ish) 8qt IP has a built-in baffle, which works surprisingly well. Big fan of that change.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I made the recipe that Internet Explorer posted further up this very page on Thanksgiving. I did change up the cheeses a bit by subbing in some Gouda. 5/5 easiest drat turkey day side dish ever.